Recent Topics

Ads

[Question] best Order scavange/butcher AoE/Champ farm Career

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
BrockRiefenstahl

[Question] best Order scavange/butcher AoE/Champ farm Career

Post#1 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:03 am

Hello all,

from the infos I gathered, I tought about Slayer vs Engineer.
Or is there another Career (beside low dmg tanks) who can farm effectively AoE and barely any downtime.
On Chaos I know SH and Marauder are the best but curiouse whats on order.

I need a butcher and a scavanger. So, is Engi better for big AoE pulls or Slayer? (or maybe another career?)
Please dont suggest tanks they are never as fast as a DPS even if you pull more mobs than a DPS.

Whose better on AOE and who does good AoE + very good against Champions?
I also thought about the SW with Spiraled Shot Tactic but 30% dmg reduce seems meh + many kiting can end up in pulling even more in tight situations I guess.

Can somebody with more experience on this Topic give me some expertise-input please?

Ads
kryss

Re: [Question] best Order scavange/butcher AoE/Champ farm Ca

Post#2 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:04 am

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#3 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:14 am

Hello, not sure if you are serious, but you suggest me an AP perma starved class with 1 single AOE Attackthat effectively got a cooldown Oo? You spam your main attack for 5 cp than you are at ~20% AP left I use AOE-Finisher and than? What am I supposed to do when i have no AP left for building up cmbo points? Or does this 1 shot everything? Either I dont have a clue how this should work or you want to troll me? Also for this I would have to repec many times right? I am pretty new in RoR soI dont have the gold for many respecs.

PS: My intention was not to offend this idea, insteand I cant understand how this would be good (theoretically) The 100dmg on melee hit is 1 min cd, and you seem to parry/dodge a lot so: from wich sources beside finisher do you get all the damage needed?

kryss

Post#4 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:47 am

It was just a suggestion, stay quiet. I use my WH for farming because he is the closest thing I can use to do it effectively given my current chars (WL, SW, WH). It works, I can pull 10-15 lvl 40 mobs at once and continously, get healed with dragon gun, parry most of their attacks (very effective with riposte, my bad I picked up the wrong tactics). FC is just for the troll moments in Pugs, but it doesn't happen frequently cause I'm tired of WH in RvR (I was a RR80 on live)

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#5 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:51 pm

As I said, it was not meant to offend. Your explanation could not give much proof to this concept.

Has someone else some infos on topic please?

Alex1905

Post#6 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Try Kotbs

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Engi tbh

Penril

Post#8 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:29 pm

If you have full Ruin and are rr40 you can try this

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=eng ... 6:;0:0:0:0:

Ads
BrockRiefenstahl

Post#9 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:54 am

I Have created an Engineer yesterday. He is even funnier to play than I've thought. Also in RvR he seems very strong @ T1. But people told me, that as soon as Healers get their cleanse spells its over with feeling strong.

Anyway for AoE he feels aproximately the same as slayer. Hopefully he is decent even without all the renown ranks. As far as I remember renown gets less and less in progression as higher as I get, and I dont plan to do a lot of RvR :(