Recent Topics

Ads

High Disrupt is an issue

Let's talk about... everything else
kitchenslave

High Disrupt is an issue

Post#1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Just my two cents,

But high disrupt with no ability to counter it is an issue. The immunity timers do a good job of keeping the game from becoming a CC lockdown fest, but when some classes have their damage or abilities nullified 30, 40, or 50 percent of time that creates problems. Maybe some magic dealing classes should be toned down in damage in order to compensate. Either hard cap non HTL disrupt at 20 percent or create a magic strikethrough stat. Chain disrupt just sucks.

I understand this may not be possible at this stage due to code issues ( I don't understand any of the technical computer issues / restraints ).

I'm really enjoying the game but man this becomes noticeable in a major way in the higher tiers...it makes you just want to play the low level tiers, as this seems to be the only time you can reliably get your spells to land.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: High Disrupt is an issue

Post#2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:24 pm

It's really not an issue. The issue was the dominance of ranged classes pushed the meta to defensively spec against them. When the changes hit, all this defensive stacking was finally given significant value, so the people heavily invested in it actually felt like it mattered. It is just as possible to stack Parry to ridiculous amounts, but then you probably aren't going to do that unless the majority of damage you're taking is from melee classes.

When ranged classes no longer dominate the battlefield, and the meta shifts to melee classes, the people stacking defensively against ranged classes will shift as well, or they will get run over by melee classes. This may take quite a bit of shift, as it's a whole lot easier to avoid melee classes than ranged ones. If you feel like Disrupt rates are insanely high, play a melee dps class for a while.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

lefze
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:56 pm

The strikethrough stat already exists, fyi.
Rip Phalanx

catholicism198

Post#4 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:14 pm

lefze wrote:The strikethrough stat already exists, fyi.
I have +10% reduced chance to be disrupted but still get disrupted nonstop... It sucks when an ability like Withered Soul, which is meant to help alleviate the issue, gets disrupted as well.
There's already a proposal for it but it's mainly about the tactic associated with it and not the ability itself. I'll see what comes of it before I even bother trying to create one.

Asherdoom

Post#5 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 pm

catholicism198 wrote:
lefze wrote:The strikethrough stat already exists, fyi.
I have +10% reduced chance to be disrupted but still get disrupted nonstop... It sucks when an ability like Withered Soul, which is meant to help alleviate the issue, gets disrupted as well.
There's already a proposal for it but it's mainly about the tactic associated with it and not the ability itself. I'll see what comes of it before I even bother trying to create one.
thisis due to melee stacking a lot of deft defender+willpower from potions and buffs
with my IB i get up to 400+ willppower thanks to runepriet buffs and potion plus i got deft defender and similar stuff is normal you get so many disrupts

oaliaen

Post#6 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 pm

now i understand why i always get hit by a BW as choppa..

catholicism198

Post#7 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:41 pm

Asherdoom wrote:thisis due to melee stacking a lot of deft defender+willpower from potions and buffs
with my IB i get up to 400+ willppower thanks to runepriet buffs and potion plus i got deft defender and similar stuff is normal you get so many disrupts
That's why I run Flame's Kiss and why I don't know why more Dark Magi run with that tactic. It's so useful. Far more than the instant cast Daemon.

That aside, you can see the frustration/annoyance that comes from getting such a vital ability disrupted almost all the time.
oaliaen wrote:now i understand why i always get hit by a BW as choppa..
Choppa's will always get blown up.
You need a full group to support it....or just roll a Marauder.

7rere7

Post#8 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Willpower is the only main stat that increases defensive avoidance "Disrupt" Giving healers a huge advantage against casters.
With all the different gear that is out maxing out main stats is not difficult allowing renown points , gear , tactics ect to be invested in disrupt.

Ads
scatterthewinds

Post#9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:02 pm

What are these disrupt changes that are spoken of here? Can't find them in patch notes.

kitchenslave

Post#10 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:47 pm

The only caveat to your point Wargrimnir is that both Block and parry are counterable with positioning ...ie skill, while disrupt is 360. Maybe more tactics to make class defining core abilities undefendable like Magus Rift.

Also only a completely different note, is there anyway you guys could add a second or third SC to the pickup SC list. In the last bracket, playing the same SC over and over in order to avoid the curbstomp in all the other SC's sucks after a while. If premades want to kill each other why do they need 7 or 8 Sc's while puggers get one? Heh I think I've run Nordenwatch now 50 times in a row .....