Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [Mara] Gift of monstrosity

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
peterthepan3

Re: [Mara] Gift of monstrosity [Close Date May 19]

Post#61 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:24 am

Spoilering any irrelevant stuff.

Ads
kindred4080

Post#62 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:15 am

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
This thread becomes more & more ridiculous with every new day.
Sometimes i feel that ppl who creates such topics just want to join that squad of RoR "team-members" and have a bigger impact on the game state, rather than doing something really useful, like fixing broken addons, improving caching and other server related stuff.

If these crappy ideas will come to life i guarantee you'll see less ppl online. That's not how you make game better. I'm not talking about dudes who brought RoR to life after Live officially closed.
Stop spreading these braindead ideas, you just making things worse.
Now to the topic itself.
The real deal with marauder is that such "innovations" lead the majority of marauders to spec a bit into monstro tree just because they got constantly raped by it's counterparts on the other side.
Especially it refers to solo players.
I will repeat what had been spoken earlier: "monstro mara hits like a wet noodle, and don't have any real burst potential".
Correct me if i'm wrong on that quote.
You seem a little triggered. We're not discussing monstro damage, we're discussing monstro armor pen reduction proc. Maybe don't visit this thread anymore unless you'd like to discuss the proposal - Dan
Shoom - Marauder
Nobguzzlah - Black Orc
Proud member of "No Remorse" :)

peterthepan3

Post#63 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:39 am

Users who insist on going off on tangents and offering nothing of substance will be requested by myself to have measures taken against them. Last warning. This has descended far enough.

Advised to keep all comments relevant to OP.

Tesq

Post#64 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:46 am

dansari wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:59 am To be fair, Rampage can be shattered yet it is brought up frequently as if it's 20s of God mode. Not aware if monstro proc can be shattered.

Buff type so nope, but even if it was shatterable it have no icd for the proc , it cant just refresh so even if shattered it would ista re pop in orvr. By aoe spam. If shatterable it would be even better xD it would make waste tank shatters lol
Last edited by Tesq on Tue May 08, 2018 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tesq

Post#65 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:13 am

Melekith wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:26 am
Tesq wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:20 pm
mara has a ista m2 1200 dmg one of the best currently feature in whole game for orvr, the same of bw. Mara dont spec tanky, they spec full off because GoM and ch+bo + guard make em retarded hard to be kill at max 4 def jewerly (impervious wind).
Again what does even pull and other st stuff HAVE to do with an aoe mastry and facing bw bomb, appart the fact that mara pull is undefeatable from beheind as per last changes, ppl seems to miss the point of mostro build so tell me what build you use on your marauder (st/aoe/hybrid) and for what (gank/small scale/orvr mass fight) and expolain me why you need:
It is simply not true, that all marauders spec full off. As I said, I wear 4 Dom, 2 Conq and I am not unkillable. You have to be somewhat more tanky than an choppa or witch elf, cause you lack the burst, and your debuffs are too important, so you have to apply them. For that reason you have to survive. Marauder has a supporting role. The debuffs help other classes to do their damage.

The m2: I miss the point?

One more point: If you use GoM you break your detaunt, so it is a fair trade. The life reg can easily countered by the damage of you opponent, it is not very high.
Because aoe detaunt and st 1 tank till it proc is too hard to do?

I does proc on all skill not just aoe ones.

Tesq

Post#66 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:21 am

Arteker616 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:30 am [

Bad analogy, because u forgot to mention, Mara attacks still can be defended , No slayer gonna run rvr aoe spec without poping rampage wich gonna mean if he gets in range he gonna hit .
The main reason mara aoe tooltips are abit higher than choppa is because when choppa was released mara was the premier aoe mele on destro with most his skills going up to 65 feets . wich got nerfed down . the dmg on choppa /slayer were reduced . to give you a example at 60 original slayer/choppa wrecka skaven flurry lots was 650 dmg , id was 580 and original git to da choppa was 750, the dmg on both aoe classes was nerfed and while slayer remained superior due to better abilitys and synergy choppa did bite the dust.specialy Because the lifetap procs working on multiple aoe targets for two of them while it did not worked for mara.

To be honest i dont see the logic of this proposal at all . all classes wich have stance mechanics got benefeits per stance switching some are situational other main stream .

the key of these stances is to play around them to benefeit and reward players knowing to use em instead to limit themselves to more of the same. by following ur logic , then sw shs and wl should get nerfed because their ability to remain tanky at the cost to lose kinda alot of dps .

My final question stand still. can Mara montro gift proc be shattered /sever?,Because if it does , i dont see any reason to complain about the skill when alot of classes have the ability to nullify the adventage.
The choppa / slayer aoe dmg was nerfed because it was far better than mara and youforgot (not me) that mara recived stance bonuses which didnt had, sound like mara was buff for chpp/slayee but they forgot to nerf it just after they nerfed chopp/spayer. So here is mara to nerf not other stuff to buff.

At least buff to reach something you then gona. Nerf mean you need to re-nerf what you buffed simple logic..
Spoiler:
rampage: ah yes my slayer is rank 36 proposal is otw too for that. The thread tought is about GoM not rampage.
P.s: sy for multiple post but im with phone and have to answer with multiple big quotes.

dansari

Post#67 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:46 am
dansari wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:59 am To be fair, Rampage can be shattered yet it is brought up frequently as if it's 20s of God mode. Not aware if monstro proc can be shattered.

Buff type so nope
Thanks, thought so.
<Salt Factory>

Saftdryck
Banned

Post#68 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:46 am

Buff type so nope, but even if it was shatterable it have no icd for the proc , it cant just refresh so even if shattered it would ista re pop in orvr. By aoe spam. If shatterable it would be even better xD it would make waste tank shatters lol
Actually i'm not so sure about that. On paper yes it should not be shatterable, however i have experienced the buff dissapear before the 5sec of its duration was done many times. I thought about testing it, but had no time. Maras have already 2 abilitites that don’t work as intended.

Also would a tank waste time to shatter? Let’s say tank does shatter it, and for brief 1-2sec till Monstro mara gets the proc, mara can be easily killed even with the proc.
1. Performance of the GoM on paper and ingame is 2 different things.
2. Facts and math to rebuke OP's prosposition have been time and time again provided
3. Nerf GoM that makes Monstro maras in AoE WB tough to kill, will have severe ramifications to ST maras survivability
4. Could the OP's proposition be made in the way that it will not affect ST maras that stance change to GoM to get extra survivability?
5.I have yet to see any evidence that GoM proc is actually overperforming ingame.
Wasnotme Corazon Jizo Jeorr Ilzen
FUSION
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife
Videos: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife/videos/all

Ads
diedrake

Post#69 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Why not lower the proc from 25% to say... 15% ? I know it seems like a bandaid but shattering a proc makes no sense... Shattering an ability on the other hand would just lead to a can of worms. Main reason is because you wouldnt be shattering the proc but the enchant or the arm that gives the proc. That would lead to nullifying the maras mechanic... Then the next question would be for instance other classes like the chos/knights auras.

Best would prob just lower the % of proc. And if chop/slayer class is underperforming igive baxk some of thier aoe damage.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Tesq

Post#70 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:50 pm

diedrake wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:41 pm Why not lower the proc from 25% to say... 15% ? I know it seems like a bandaid but shattering a proc makes no sense... Shattering an ability on the other hand would just lead to a can of worms. Main reason is because you wouldnt be shattering the proc but the enchant or the arm that gives the proc. That would lead to nullifying the maras mechanic... Then the next question would be for instance other classes like the chos/knights auras.

Best would prob just lower the % of proc. And if chop/slayer class is underperforming igive baxk some of thier aoe damage.
It was alredy nerfed serverside. The proc is currently 8%-13%(?) unless aza old bandaids has being ninja reworked but by testing proc chance seems not.

Well the nerf at leasr wont nullify the stance , nullify would mean make em useless, you get 10% less armor pen and 1k heal over 5 sec for something core, aswell as said proc nerf should then be reverted to 25% as tooltips say

Moreover ch/kobs auras were alredy being nerf in live once, mara atm i think is the only class both never nerfed in live and here consistently (Exept wounds debuff call it a real nerf...).
Last edited by Tesq on Tue May 08, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.