Recent Topics

Ads

[Blackguard] S/B, Monstrous Ruin, Horrific Wound

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Tesq

Re: [Blackguard] S/B, Monstrous Ruin, Horrific Wound [Close Date: 10th May]

Post#41 » Sun May 06, 2018 1:06 pm

mubbl wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:57 pm wouldn't be the 1.5 block per 10 hate with shield and the dinied parry for snb a nerf for a bg? if you consider guard mechanics?
Yes for 2h unless it buff 1 of those 2 depending on
what you have equip.

Ads
mubbl

Post#42 » Sun May 06, 2018 1:50 pm

i mean you go snb cant get 30% perry against meele but i get 15%block against everything else. but if i guard someone i still lose 15% defense value in my opinion. so the question is, if it worth over all. also bg has pretty good magic defense as tesq considered before

Tesq

Post#43 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:46 pm

mubbl wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:50 pm i mean you go snb cant get 30% perry against meele but i get 15%block against everything else. but if i guard someone i still lose 15% defense value in my opinion. so the question is, if it worth over all. also bg has pretty good magic defense as tesq considered before
Well 15% vs 30% on paper yes, but shield have block rating from shield + parry striketrought from sets i suppose given block is better vs all dmg , it should be the same for s+b, tbh better vs sw / engi as bg always lack a dodge buff and they always being his minor weakness.
Last edited by Tesq on Mon May 07, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

mubbl

Post#44 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:39 am

it would help against the engi/sw but for melee its a nerf. you can get up to 12% blockstrikethrough, easily obtained, and and up to 15% perry pen from items, which contains some of the rarer items you can get. Looking at the value and the meta right know with given tools bg has. it would something been taken away the class shines at. also bg is in a good state in rvr and need some weaknesses and is still the strongest breacher in game. just dont have a good value against engi and sw in flat dmg reduction, without nsp. with nsp you can get 66% block with nsp sounds pretty okay for me. Lower cd on nsp would be better but its a way to huge buff.
im just really not a freind of givinig away something that defines a char for some 0815 **** everyone else has.

peterthepan3

Post#45 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:19 am

How would reducing the CD on NSP be too huge a buff? It would bring it in line with the BO variant, and would give SNB BG more use: currently, the ability can get interrupted once, and its ggwp lets wait 30 seconds again.

Sure, it would allow KDs to be used more often, but aside from more regular KDs, I don't see how it would be overperforming.

mubbl

Post#46 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:35 am

Spoiler:
you got highest disrupt and parry in game(wds aside) bulwark tacitc, toughnes buff tactic, fof and elite training. i dont think a zero cd nsp sounds good for balance. i mean you get a 100% 5 sec kd after you breached the enemy plus long punt back plus taunt plus chrushing anger thats 4 disrupets and 2 of them are the best cc in game. you can put down half the front line of a wb alone in 3 secs, dont know....
and you have very easy ap gain for your self driven by anger/elitetraining or cost reduction feeding on pain.
its just my feeling and the paper facts, for what would be possible...
you defenetly got your points no doubt. imo if you want frontline soldier for wb the go for would bg with no cd nsp. dont forget nsp gives you hate. no cd nsp= nsp till 100 hate and afterwards gl hf try dying while punting someone every 20 secs over 100 feet.
ps. i may have misstaken the old nsp with the proposed one, have i? so i spoilered myself. But if i had mistaken the nsps varients, i would give the proposed one a try.

Tesq

Post#47 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:57 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:19 am How would reducing the CD on NSP be too huge a buff? It would bring it in line with the BO variant, and would give SNB BG more use: currently, the ability can get interrupted once, and its ggwp lets wait 30 seconds again.

Sure, it would allow KDs to be used more often, but aside from more regular KDs, I don't see how it would be overperforming.
Only SM have wods without trade out BO have a 60% snare, either way not give amy snare would.make it op since is block , and give it a too huge snare would male it a lot less usefull than what ppl image if you want a balnce at 3 ,sm should recive a 5/10% snare malua , bo a10/15% malus and bg one have less block since it also generate hate but same snare % malus of BO.

Koha

Post#48 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:01 am

Actually wods is better than BO ability, block rate can be debuffed by 20% with pierce defense + acid arrow for example but you cannot debuff all three avoidance on wods. Snare should be removed on BO
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Ads
mubbl

Post#49 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:39 am

rethoutgh the whole point and think still bg has his place in wbs and dont need a no cd nsp( bo has it for a reason, cause most squishy tank in game) bg has good other tools as i mantioned. the problem more or less is, that the meta dont favors a bg cause he counters shield walls, htl and position play which dont really happen in zerg fests....still think the cd may be to higih was intended to be 10 secs. It wont change the play style of an snb bg in anyway in my opinion.
And im really not a freind of givining or taking class signiture skills to another class cause a bo player cant play a blackguard cause he wants to play bo style. bo have synergie skills with shieldwall....synergie for bg would be thougest tank on paper plus most op tank skill(shield wall)....
for the kd arguement, it should be enough if each attacker have a 18% chance(think thats what youcan max stack?) to give you a prock.
for the boost against engis and sw htl gives you 45%doge should be okay plus what you get from eq and renown points.
i think its not the right spot to give bg a boost maybe make the cd 10 secs again?(its a 6 mastery point skill, compare it where bos skill is placed) it would atleast round up some abillity cds of the bg.

germ32

Post#50 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Spoiler:
mubbl wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:39 am it would help against the engi/sw but for melee its a nerf. you can get up to 12% blockstrikethrough, easily obtained, and and up to 15% perry pen from items, which contains some of the rarer items you can get. Looking at the value and the meta right know with given tools bg has. it would something been taken away the class shines at. also bg is in a good state in rvr and need some weaknesses and is still the strongest breacher in game. just dont have a good value against engi and sw in flat dmg reduction, without nsp. with nsp you can get 66% block with nsp sounds pretty okay for me. Lower cd on nsp would be better but its a way to huge buff.
im just really not a freind of givinig away something that defines a char for some 0815 **** everyone else has.
Lowering the cooldown to nsp is not a huge buff. Hold the line out performs it in most scenarios. Also what strongest breacher what skill(s) are you talking about? How is +30% parry a "point where the class shines at" if other classes like chosen can gain +50% parry with a s/b with a base skill and 1 tactic. Other classes out perform blackguards with a shield. That is the point of this post. Adding a block tactic would help synergize s/b on blackguards and give a point to not using a 2h because right now it greatly out performs s/b
Phibes - 7x Marauder
Playerhater - 5x Blackguard
Phybes - 6x Sorcerer