Recent Topics

Ads

T1 RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Maroe337

T1 RvR

Post#1 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:02 am

Hi, I'm Japanese.
I've been playing for a long time since it went live, but I think the current state of T1 Zone's RvR is the worst it's ever been.
Currently, at almost all times players just flag sitting in the RvR area.
In T1 up until now, PvP was always being held, and new players were drawn in by the fun of the game.
In the current state, I wonder what new players will think if they try playing it.
Trying it out a little and then just sitting around will probably be boring.
There are probably people who will quit the game at that point.
I want Japanese players to continue to accumulate, but with the current state of T1, I can't recommend this game to others.
Instead of holding PvP, I hope that you make a system where players can receive a higher level of compensation.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: T1 RvR

Post#2 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:21 am

Maroe337 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:02 am Hi, I'm Japanese.
I've been playing for a long time since it went live, but I think the current state of T1 Zone's RvR is the worst it's ever been.
Currently, at almost all times players just flag sitting in the RvR area.
In T1 up until now, PvP was always being held, and new players were drawn in by the fun of the game.
In the current state, I wonder what new players will think if they try playing it.
Trying it out a little and then just sitting around will probably be boring.
There are probably people who will quit the game at that point.
I want Japanese players to continue to accumulate, but with the current state of T1, I can't recommend this game to others.
Instead of holding PvP, I hope that you make a system where players can receive a higher level of compensation.
Nobody forces you to sit on a flag. You actually rank up faster by killing people unless you play in warbands.
Having said that, there is more flag sitting involved, when your side is bigger than your enemy. At this point I usually log off or swap sides until I am underdog to have more enemies and aao bonus.
Dying is no option.

Feru
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:35 am

"...log off or swap sides..."

i remember when aza implemented the t2 gear, was a big destro (order "alts" too ;p) zerg all night to get the gear, the poor bastard logs and after a deserved rest.... he see x-realm in action :)

in that night like in many others the "cool kids" didn't helped the underdog, but they will some day...soon :)

#xrealmforeva

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#4 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:54 am

i understand that.

Here are major problems :

a : Player want to play on all areas.
Problem : These areas are too big and depending time of the day, it is unplayable.

b : BO sitting.
Problem : As told in a previous post, thats sadly a player choice, mostly motivated with map size. This issue doesn't appear so clearly when fight is in Nordland.

Solution :

- Just let Nordland open again to concentrate all pop in a single well sized place.
Issue : Many ppl will complain
- Remove BO ticks and extend the modification we added in T2+ (let the BO controled to the faction for some time)
Issue : Not sure it will solve anything on big maps

Problem :

-No dev is actually available to work on ORvR :(.

Sulorie

Post#5 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:17 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:54 am

Problem : As told in a previous post, thats sadly a player choice, mostly motivated with map size. This issue doesn't appear so clearly when fight is in Nordland.

Solution :

- Just let Nordland open again to concentrate all pop in a single well sized place.
I don't think that Nordland is well sized.

The boat is a an easy to defend place to afk and leech BO ticks and shrine and festenplatz are too close too each other, that smaller groups have more trouble to fight the zerg and pick their targets than in both other zones.
Additionally the fight usually moves from one wc to the other, which is super boring.
Dying is no option.

Telen
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Nordland is an awful zone. Just warcamp ping pong. It was bad before when it was 4 bos now its completely borked if you dont want to swarm.

Darks63

Post#7 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:17 pm
Yaliskah wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:54 am

Solution :

I don't think that Nordland is well sized.

The boat is a an easy to defend place to afk and leech BO ticks and shrine and festenplatz are too close too each other, that smaller groups have more trouble to fight the zerg and pick their targets than in both other zones.
Additionally the fight usually moves from one wc to the other, which is super boring.
Also the destro wc is too easy to spawn camp making it even harder for them to push out.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

crystl32

Post#8 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:52 pm

i am glad that somebody brought this topic up, because it came
to my mind some time ago and i thought exactly the same:

if tried to convice friends of me to play this game, than it wouldnt work,
because the would leave the game after a few days complaining about
the boring t1 rvr and flag camping

well...the problem is....

i usually want to lvl my characters asap
thats why i try to reach RR 41 asap.
then i grind to 40 and after that the fun starts.
for other people, the fun starts earlier when
they play their low-lvl characters in high tiers,
but thats not my way of playing =) (call me stupid if u like XD)
the least thing i want is a lvl 40 cahrcter with RR 38, that gets shitty rvr rewards.

sooo....

gaining renown in t2-t4 can be slow and frustraiting
in order to prevent that frustration, i try to gain as much RR as possible in t1
because getting 20renown per tick every few seconds can be more efficient than
getting a kill every 10 minutes(which can sometimes be the case)
e.g. my Wp left t1 with rr27

aaand....

i personally also try to overcome the lvl gap from 16-19 pretty quickly,
as many classes become more efficient at lvl 20 e.g. healer -> group heal, etc...

idk if many other players play the game in the same way, but according to the number of
flag afkers this seems to be, or could be the case.

i therefore suggest removing ticks and increasing renown gain before RR lvl 25
to encourage players to actually play the game
or in other words, make playing more efficient than standing around

just my 2 cents :mrgreen:

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:00 pm

Darks63 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:17 pm Also the destro wc is too easy to spawn camp making it even harder for them to push out.
This is not true. You can easily leave wc by pve exit towards shrine BO. There is not a single wc on any zone, where the enemy can camp you effectively.
In some zones like Caledor for order you might have to fly to Dragen Wake to enter rvr lake from a different side.
Only players, who don't look on map, can be trapped at wc.
Dying is no option.

AxelF

Post#10 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:56 pm

The big problem with T1 is the rr rewards for killing players. As has been stated everyone wants to clear T1 with as high a rr as possible, for me playing a healer that's usually in the 20 to 25ish range.

In my experience today the rr for kills can range from 20 odd up to about 1500, but the vast majority came in about the 150 to 500 range. And that's solo kills as order where we were outnumbered, roaming the zone looking for destro in 1s or 2s.

Weigh that against sitting on a BO for constant 20rr ticks, you have to find and then kill a lot of destro roaming to make it worth while.

You could nerf rr from BO ticks but that would destroy any will for people to roll alts, or you could make the rr for kills consistent and a little higher and make it worth people's time to fight.