Recent Topics

Ads

If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Post#11 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:10 pm

WL used to have a ooe tree in hunter back in 1.3.5 or something just before rr100 introduction , then mythic start messing with aoe WL
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Tesq

Post#12 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:14 pm

Grunbag wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:10 pm WL used to have a ooe tree in hunter back in 1.3.5 or something just before rr100 introduction , then mythic start messing with aoe WL
You are talking about ppl which didnt know aoe bomb was a thing till 1.3.6... or something like that...

Yes thats why wl need a masterys re arrange 2x st masterys and 1 aoe mastery.
Dosent matter where tough guardian is more appropriate for it also it need all "trained to" skill re-arranged aswelll so that all is more consistently.
In fact hunter mastery need to be split into 2 , st builda need to remain unchanged. I wrote something in this direction that in wargrimmir wl thread pag 7 if you wanna give a look.
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Fey wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:07 pm WL sucks because it's a troll class. It's so trolly that I'm surprised that White Lion isn't a troll race class. It renders the environment useless, making you look and feel even more stupid for gaining an elevated position. I don't know how to fix it because pounce and pull ain't going nowhere.

Even after the SH rework, git em wasn't mirrored to coordinated strike. That seem like a good place to start. Nerfing WL will only serve to piss people off so I'd go slow if at all. I don't envy the devs on this one.
Yes

Heartbroken and pissed off their “smash face against keyboard and get a kill in 3 gcds” pug stomp class got changed

Tesq

Post#14 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:28 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:19 pm
Fey wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:07 pm WL sucks because it's a troll class. It's so trolly that I'm surprised that White Lion isn't a troll race class. It renders the environment useless, making you look and feel even more stupid for gaining an elevated position. I don't know how to fix it because pounce and pull ain't going nowhere.

Even after the SH rework, git em wasn't mirrored to coordinated strike. That seem like a good place to start. Nerfing WL will only serve to piss people off so I'd go slow if at all. I don't envy the devs on this one.
Yes

Heartbroken and pissed off their “smash face against keyboard and get a kill in 3 gcds” pug stomp class got changed
It dont need a nerf , it need a rebalance...

-pet class dependency on skill/tactics must go this will improve wl in group setting
-pounce, BP, LF need all to be 13pt
-pounce cd 20 sec (this will lower mobility).
-1 mastery re arranged with def and aoe skills/tactic.
-coordinated strike loose pet hits but dont need pet anymore

TenTonHammer

Post#15 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:35 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:28 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Yes

It dont need a nerf , it need a rebalance...

-pet class dependency on skill/tactics must go this will improve wl in group setting
Just scrap the bugged pet mess already, it’s not even a thing in lore but just a failed concept from mythic that’s stil here cause muh unique class experience

Tesq

Post#16 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:37 pm

But i like pet meccanic.... is just too good or flawed....or bug ....depending on the skill. Nothing that cant be solve

Nefarian78

Post#17 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:05 am

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:28 pm It dont need a nerf , it need a rebalance...

WL don't need any "improvement" in group setting. If you want a class that doesn't depend on a pet, WL is not for you. Balance shouldn't be aimed towards pug WLs complaining their pets get killed in pug Nordenwatch by a random dps tank. They should just l2p and move their pet when needed.

The only thing that should be moved is pounce. Brutal Pounce and Leonine Frenzy are fine where they are just need their damage nerfed, let's not beat around the bush.

Coordinated strike without the pet attacking aswell isn't a coordinated strike. That would be gutting the skill and damage the concept of WL. White Lions have a pet and it's a core concept of the class, deal with it and move on.

The issue with WL in itself is simple. Best frontloaded burst in the game, with the best gap closer in the game is a terrible idea. But it gets more complicated than that when your faction has a class like Assault SWs with the second best gap closer after pounce, great damage aswell and perfect synergy with WL.

Then you add a Rune Priest to the mix, casting Rune of Binding on the second healer and Rune of Insanity on the kill target from the comfort of 100ft range and you create a murder machine capable of deleting any backline target with a idiot-proof, non-telegraphed 4 step switch that only requires basic coordination with your group. Don't forget that this only requires 3 core members, there's 3 more left to enhance this combo even further.

Meanwhile, countering this cancer requires 50x times the effort compared to what Order has to do. Now ask yourself why there's maybe 2 guilds left in Destro that run 6v6 and the "Order Bias" stigma has never been as strong as it is now across the entire faction.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Tesq

Post#18 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:23 am

Its not pug.....in serious group ppl kill pet and make class less reliable in pug no one kill pet....remove pet dependency ( not removing pet) will fix it for 6vs6.

CS is the highest dmg skill in game(?)...
I mean the excessive burst you see from wl is all coming from there, also yes it still a coordinate strike as wl hit 2 times and fit wonderfull in axeman mastery.

If you remove pet dependency its a fair trade but you also solve other problems and you MUST resolve pet dependency to fix all other class issue. Class cant be disable (not that much ) if pet is out.

Ads
zulnam

Post#19 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:43 am

satanicomoderno wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 pm Be sure of one thing: This is a destro game. And doesn't matter what devs will bring, it's going to break Order and buff Destro. Like always.
Order moaning Destro is OP.
Destro moaning Order is OP.
It’s always easiest to blame anyone else but ourselves.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

larsulu
Suspended

Post#20 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:55 am

satanicomoderno wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 pm Be sure of one thing: This is a destro game. And doesn't matter what devs will bring, it's going to break Order and buff Destro. Like always.
They wanna touch in a class that doesn't need to be changed instead look the mess they did with squig herder and the broken choppa with get to the chop. Why do they do that? They are incapable to fix their own mistake! And now they will touch on WL and break it.

My syggestion? Level another class, because WL will be unplayable after these Dev team put their hands on it.
You should change game mate.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok