Recent Topics

Ads

Forts and City

Let's talk about... everything else
BrownStar

Forts and City

Post#1 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:02 pm

By the time I started playing on live, forts had just been disabled and City sieges were the final step after the final zone lock. I remember the constant talk in chat and forums of what a lagfest forts had become and how and why mythic finally punted and ditched them completely.
With the last year of forts under our belts on ror, do see something similar in the future? Kind of curious to see how this ends up working.

Ads
adamthelc

Re: Forts and City

Post#2 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:16 pm

Forts on live were much worse. For all the problems they still have and grief they get about them, they have actually done a decentish job on them.

It's kind of a flawed concept, but they were part of AoR so I am glad they brought them back. Are they that great? Sometimes, most of the time not really. The only thing I am not a huge fan of is making it the only way to get Invader, I think they should all PvP kills of a required level should be able to drop invader medallions. But they have their reasons for not allowing that and it's a bit of a digression.

Anyway a similar question has already been asked and you can see the response.https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... hilit=fort

BeautfulToad

Re: Forts and City

Post#3 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:22 am

Forts can be a lot of fun, but I love sieges in RoR