Recent Topics

Ads

2 queries about marauder

Let's talk about... everything else
Deadpoet

2 queries about marauder

Post#1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:16 am

Hi there, I have been playing a mara lately and I have two doubts I'd like to ask you veterans about:

1. Was monstro stance self heal affected by heal debuff in old WAR? I seem to recall it wasn't but can't remember for certain. I was surprised yesterday when I checked my combat log after a fight with a WH and saw my monstro self heal numbers halved.

2. Is the "shrug enemy armor's penetration" quality of monstro stance working? I have tested with enraged souls in IC and they did the same damage to me when monstro proc'ed.

And on a more general note, does marauder get even better in later tiers? It is awesome right now...

Ads
Hypernia

Re: 2 queries about marauder

Post#2 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:33 am

Monstro marauder can be good but Savagery / Brutality is the **** in later tiers. T4 marauder is amazing, slightly lacking in AOE groups compared to sorcs and choppas, but for 6v6 and below it's really really strong.

Deadpoet

Post#3 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Nice:)

Still curious about my two queries. Anyone can give me information about monstro heal being halved by heal debuff and negate armor penetration thing?

Azarael

Post#4 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Armor penetration defense for Monstrosity is not implemented (mostly because I get lazy when I know I'm implementing OP.)

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:46 pm

Hypernia wrote:Monstro marauder can be good but Savagery / Brutality is the **** in later tiers. T4 marauder is amazing, slightly lacking in AOE groups compared to sorcs and choppas, but for 6v6 and below it's really really strong.

Too amazing but what can you expect from a class that was purposely made op when it was the devs favorite pet class :roll:

xaunik

Post#6 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:40 pm

<cough> Slayer, Knight, WP, BW, DoK</cough>

gandresch

Post#7 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:10 pm

You forgot Chosen, Sorc, choppa and We ;)

But the Marauder is by far the strongest class in WAR

Coryphaus

Post#8 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:38 pm

gandresch wrote:You forgot Chosen, Sorc, choppa and We ;)

But the Marauder is by far the strongest class in WAR

Chosens are one of the most balanced classes in WAR i dont know that you are talking about, a class that could have been extremely overpowered but was not in the grand scheme of things, an perfect example of what a "tank" should be.

Furthermore, lol choppa you srs dude? a class that sacrifices survivability for damage, one that requires a dedicated healer + guard to function well/reach its full potential? And on top of that is inferior to slayers in multiple ways?

Ads
Luth

Post#9 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Nerf swordmasters.

xaunik

Post#10 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:17 pm

It's just the usual deluded Order mantra regarding Marauders, no-one with a real appreciation of playing both sides truly believes that nonsense

Mirrors are never true mirrors in WAR, and there are several examples of where one is better/has more utility than the other on both sides (in the endgame), some more obvious than others (Slayer, KotBS, BW, DoK)

Mara/SH and WL/SW were a weird attempt at a 4-way mirror

Whilst it is undoubtedly a strong class, it doesn't have the burst or sustained dps of the Slayer, Choppa, WE, WH or frontloaded of the WL (especially now Aza has put a heatseeker in the pet).

I'm 1v1 (not what WAR was designed for, but can't be ignored) - what you gain from Monstro pales into what you lose by not being in Sav and is not particularly meaningful healing (in the endgame)

It has the potential _by speccing_ to have lots of utility, but in doing so closes off avenues to other utility/dps

A lot of order players seem to think it can have all its toys in 1 spec and that isn't remotely true