Recent Topics

Ads

Tactic Window Missing

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Fresca

Tactic Window Missing

Post#1 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:23 pm

I have searched this out, but I do not see any resolutions so I'm hoping someone can help. I have gone past level 10 on two different characters and my tactics window is missing from both. I do not use any mods/addons. I can see the tactics under the abilities menu, but I do not see a place to drag them to. I checked the layout editor and I do not see the tactics window at all... I pressed reset to default and it did not appear. Also I read to reinstall the game. This did not work either. Any help would be much appreciated :/

Ads
zak68

Re: Tactic Window Missing

Post#2 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:32 pm

Fresca

Post#3 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:45 pm

I just tried deleting that and EA tactic window... It still did not appear after I started the game

Lilim

Post#4 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:52 pm

Fresca wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:45 pm I just tried deleting that and EA tactic window... It still did not appear after I started the game
Hey,

could you check this...
  • open again the layout editor
  • open the window.... section
  • search for "Tactics Window"
  • is it there? maybe hidden?

Fresca

Post#5 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:54 pm

This is even stranger... it's not even listed in the window section.. I assume it's just called "Tactic Window?" it's not even there

Lilim

Post#6 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Fresca wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:54 pm This is even stranger... it's not even listed in the window section.. I assume it's just called "Tactic Window?" it's not even there
Hey,

okay...let's try 2 other things....

have you already tried to use more action bars or remove one?
Esc > user settings > interface
alter your amount of bars....

Otherwise you could try to create a new profile:
  • important is step 4....you can choose an existen (not broken) profile or use the default setting UI
  • Don't use the "Share"-Option!
  • And if you are done /rel

Fresca

Post#7 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:37 pm

I am currently using 4 bars, i've tried taking it down to 1, 2, etc. that did not work. I just made a new profile like you suggested and the tactic window still does not come up :( I checked that window editor you showed me and it's not listed there either.. I'm trying to find a way to upload the files and I can show you a screen shot.

Lilim

Post#8 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:34 pm

Hey,

yeah...uhm...it's hard to say, but you have to do a fresh install. Saw this problem 2 times and tried so many thing...but it looks like only a fresh install fixed this issue...so if you do this, you can save your old interface and user folder and copy them into the new install. But check first if your new install work as intended.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:11 pm

Are you below R10? That tactic window doesn't show up until you're high enough level to use it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fresca

Post#10 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:21 pm

Reinstalling worked this time.. and it brought my resource bar back as well! Thanks for all of the help... I guess reinstalling is the only fix.. not sure why it didn't work the last time, but oh well!