Recent Topics

Ads

AM's Blinding Light M2

Let's talk about... everything else
Fulkan

AM's Blinding Light M2

Post#1 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:44 pm

Last night I hopped on my lowbie Mara and pugged a city against some decent order PUGs. Obviously - due to the recent changes - there were 7 AMs on orders side. Usually - this means free win for us - but these boys COMPLETELY TROLOLOLED and STOPED the living Slaneesh out of us - with a rotation of M2 moral dumps - that added 1 second cast time on ALL abilities. This includes instant casts. Soon as the Blinding Light landed - you couldn't cast a single ability without standing still. No detauns, no root breaks, no defensive coolowns! Honestly - I was laughing my rear end off because it forced the whole destro WB to just stand in their BWs AOE - who would promptly run in and melt our faces off. Obviously - the moral isn't necessarily op on its on - but in large scale fights - with multiple AMs - it seems to render destro into DPS test dummies.

Also - 5+ marshes of madness is the silliest thing I have ever seen in my life. Combine the two and pizzzzzown them destro!

Anyways - I found the whole build comedic AF - especially with the current Meta revolving around 24 man fights - so I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this? Also - if you're on order - feel free to try running AMs with Blinding Light + bomb squads and see how it does!
"I see the hatred in your eyes, hidden behind courtly graces. I know the terrible darkness that hides behind your well-rehearsed lies. I wait for you at the edge of sanity. I taste the pain in your mind, the yearning to end this charade.
—Tzeentch

Ads
mryay

Re: AM's Blinding Light M2

Post#2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:22 pm

I am glad that Order got big brains out. Archmage is also a battlemage.
And I agree, "Blinding Light" is a strong M2, this is what I slot when I spec in DPS.

Just to share, yesterday Order had a fight against full git WB and another in full orcs. It was one of my best moments in RoR (fighting them).

The full git WB was throwing:
- Mass Sticky Feetz (equivalent of MoM)
- Mass Squig Goo.

These little fellaz are smart :D .

Not only you can move, flee, but you get a long series of unmitigable "300" damage for +30s (of course they would chain Squig Goo) on top of their damage.

So my answer to your post is "Thank you" and "This is what I call Strategy".

I will continue to claim that they are more than 1 WB archetype and 2-2-2 is a balanced setup but can definitely not counter all situations. And even more, some classes are made for a different setup on the battlefield. Like WH, WE, DPS heals, etc.

Try to experience the full WH or full WE WB. It is a blast and it has definitely its place on the battlefield for specific tasks like raiding keeps, which is tactic largely underestimated.

And I believe we have many other to discover. Why not innovate with a Marauder bataillon ? Knocking down people, pulling casters all over the place. I would love to see that happening.

See you on the battlefield.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Aethilmar

Post#3 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:25 pm

Sounds like a leftover from the old days. Sure it will be "adjusted" at some point. A long time ago, SM Dazzling Strike used to add one second to build times but that was changed to 50% buildup increase.

Also, M2 aside, I have maintained for a long time that a 24 man WB of (mostly) DPS AMs would be unstoppable in city. Fully empowered Storm of Chronos alpha strike would delete most of Destro and then just a matter of cleanup.

TreefAM

Post#4 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:28 pm

lmao imagine getting farmed by an AM warband
Just git gud next time.

Fulkan

Post#5 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:11 pm

You got any git gud tablets on ya bro? I'm all out! All I got is sensu beans for when I get my booty whopped!
"I see the hatred in your eyes, hidden behind courtly graces. I know the terrible darkness that hides behind your well-rehearsed lies. I wait for you at the edge of sanity. I taste the pain in your mind, the yearning to end this charade.
—Tzeentch

morglor

Post#6 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:35 pm

it was me.

Winry

Post#7 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:29 pm

No, it was me!

Qtpiii

Post#8 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:34 pm

A city warband that wouldn't join disc, wouldn't assist MA, guards wouldn't stay in range of dps loses to a co-ordinated (even if troll spec'd) setup and it's a problem with class balance mechanics?

I was top damage as a single target sorc with the only 2 kbs in the instance when I left. The players in that probably wouldn't of won against 24engis let alone a wb that can successfully master an assist macro.

Ads
Fulkan

Post#9 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:05 pm

Qtpiii wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:34 pm A city warband that wouldn't join disc, wouldn't assist MA, guards wouldn't stay in range of dps loses to a co-ordinated (even if troll spec'd) setup and it's a problem with class balance mechanics?

I was top damage as a single target sorc with the only 2 kbs in the instance when I left. The players in that probably wouldn't of won against 24engis let alone a wb that can successfully master an assist macro.
What? You ain't got nobody in RL to give you attention - so you hit up dead games forums to give some to yourself, lmao? I know how how good ALL of you are. ALLLLLLL OF YOU.

My post was specifically @ the ability because I haven't seen such thing in ages. Nothing more - nothing less. I do NOT care if I lose - or I win. After all - I'mma race car driver - fully gay - and in love with a horse. What's RoR to me?

Still though - love all of y'alls egos. They FLAMINGLY something - ya know? I can smell it!
—Tzeentch

Fulkan

Post#10 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:05 pm

Double Post >.>
Last edited by Fulkan on Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
—Tzeentch