Recent Topics

Ads

Career pick? New to RoR and WH in general

Let's talk about... everything else
Leonov914

Career pick? New to RoR and WH in general

Post#1 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:11 pm

Which career would folks suggest for someone just getting into RoR?

I understand the mechanics of MMOs and have experience with much of the bigger named ones.

For PVP I have no idea, but in a PVE environment I prefer non tanking.

Which career would folks suggest to get my feet wet and get a goo feel for the game?

Ads
HammerGuy

Re: Career pick? New to RoR and WH in general

Post#2 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:56 pm

Play a bright wizard or sorcerer. They are very straight forward and powerful even without amazing gear.

xanderous

Re: Career pick? New to RoR and WH in general

Post#3 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:30 am

Most diverse class for everything is engie/magus, has a stationary pet mechanic that you will need to master just don't expect to get a lot of invites to 6v6 or certain warbands for city instances, more than one in a warband for city is unlikely.
bw's/sorcs/slayers/choppas/maras/squigs/WL's and sw most popular classes for dps, sorcs/bw's tend to be less successful when too many in a warband but their single and aoe are very good still with sorc being a little better.
Slayers have the big d**k aoe melee burst and they only have really one build that works for both 6v6 and warbands, choppas are about the same except while slayer has defensive ignore buff, choppa has a pull and CD reducer for group.
mara has insane single target potential and can also be spec'd into a very tanky aoe damage build, they have a lot of utility so you tend to see them often in warbands and pretty much everything.
Squigs have really high spiking single target damage and require a little pet management but need a good pocket healer with their recent reduced range nerf, pets are a bit dodgey in certain maps.
WL another pet class but melee, hits like a truck even after its nerfs and now has aoe spec, just realize that like all the others, pets are dodgey.
SW's are flavour of the month with their aoe dot stacking and with good gear and renown, you will be laughing at how easy kills fly your way when you are hitting enemies bunched together with BHA, they also have a fairly ok melee spec
I don't play healer but they all seem to perform well if used by skilled players, i can tell you AM/sh's have the highest skill requirement as so few good ones exist on the server.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer