Recent Topics

Ads

Population cap for attackers during forts

Let's talk about... everything else
Tanski

Population cap for attackers during forts

Post#1 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:44 pm

With the implementation of the new weekly event, zerging has been out of control. The event is a great change, but certain things need to be adjusted. During a fort at the tail end of EU and beginning of NA time, destro attacking had 147 attackers and order had 76 defenders. Can a system not be implemented to boot attackers if the pop difference is that large?
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
Aethilmar

Re: Population cap for attackers during forts

Post#2 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:51 pm

Tanski wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:44 pm With the implementation of the new weekly event, zerging has been out of control. The event is a great change, but certain things need to be adjusted. During a fort at the tail end of EU and beginning of NA time, destro attacking had 147 attackers and order had 76 defenders. Can a system not be implemented to boot attackers if the pop difference is that large?
+1 to this. The new system has added a reward for zerging (the weekly event) and added no counter-mechanic to offset it.

Previously the "counter zerg" mechanic (such as it was), involved faction lock on city. But now city is more of a planned theme-park event.

So the next available mechanic for counter-zerging is to re-institute the cap on maximum attackers for fort to be what it used to be. Feel free to zerg away to push fort but give defenders on the under-populated realm (whoever it may be at the moment) some chance to actually fight back.

normanis

Post#3 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 pm

+
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Lion1986

Post#4 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:25 pm

Tanski wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:44 pm With the implementation of the new weekly event, zerging has been out of control. The event is a great change, but certain things need to be adjusted. During a fort at the tail end of EU and beginning of NA time, destro attacking had 147 attackers and order had 76 defenders. Can a system not be implemented to boot attackers if the pop difference is that large?
+1 despite being EU i see in late evening that if fort happen pop is too unbalanced to make it even remotely challengin, leading 1 faction to basically afk

Skullgrin

Post#5 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:41 pm

Huh, I could've sworn that I saw somewhere that it was a maximum of 2 attackers per 1 defender until the cap was reached, but there's nothing on the wiki stating that. Something like that would make sense (the numbers given by Tanski fit that ratio), but I've no idea now if it's actually the case. I'd support having some kind of balancing feature if there isn't one tho.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Meliannia

Post#6 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:35 pm

Tanski wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:44 pm destro attacking had 147 attackers and order had 76 defenders. Can a system not be implemented to boot attackers if the pop difference is that large?
147 vs 76 aint too bad with the ongoing long term and getting worse every week population imbalance
this last week ive seen a 102 vs 31 and a 125 vs 35

Anyway, you're preaching to the converted, expect the usual trolls to come out in force on this thread quicktime

Stahn123
Banned

Post#7 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:26 pm

Wait, wasn't it not that long ago where it was 100+ Order vs about 20 destro several times a day in forts? I remember IC being invaded 2-3 times in a 24 hour period by Order, and Order had nothing to say about it except "organize warbands" which of course is the dumbest thing you can say when out numbered that badly. It makes no sense. Suddenly those same players are now asking for changes that benefit them while ignoring the original problem when it was Destro's and it benefitted them? Talk about hypocrisy.

The dev's aren't going to make adjustments, their own words and you can find them here on the forums if you dig far enough. But, then you are on Order and when Order complains enough magically things get changed when it was a hard no otherwise. So, I suppose you can keep complaining, hopefully the answer stays a hard no for a while though. Destro went through over half a year of this crap and it was perfectly fine in the Order mind. Don't expect many Destro to suddenly jump on that bandwagon to support you after they got screwed for 2/3 of a year+ they'll ride the wave while they've got it before admitting a change needs to be made simply because they were held back so long before.

Aethilmar

Post#8 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:21 am

Stahn123 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:26 pm Wait, wasn't it not that long ago where it was 100+ Order vs about 20 destro several times a day in forts? I remember IC being invaded 2-3 times in a 24 hour period by Order, and Order had nothing to say about it except "organize warbands" which of course is the dumbest thing you can say when out numbered that badly. It makes no sense. Suddenly those same players are now asking for changes that benefit them while ignoring the original problem when it was Destro's and it benefitted them? Talk about hypocrisy.

The dev's aren't going to make adjustments, their own words and you can find them here on the forums if you dig far enough. But, then you are on Order and when Order complains enough magically things get changed when it was a hard no otherwise. So, I suppose you can keep complaining, hopefully the answer stays a hard no for a while though. Destro went through over half a year of this crap and it was perfectly fine in the Order mind. Don't expect many Destro to suddenly jump on that bandwagon to support you after they got screwed for 2/3 of a year+ they'll ride the wave while they've got it before admitting a change needs to be made simply because they were held back so long before.
For whom exactly are you playing the victim?

Most or all of the people in this thread have characters on both sides.

It could just be that steamroll fights are boring. They were boring before. They are boring now.

Ads
Stahn123
Banned

Post#9 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:01 am

Aethilmar wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:21 am
Stahn123 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:26 pm Wait, wasn't it not that long ago where it was 100+ Order vs about 20 destro several times a day in forts? I remember IC being invaded 2-3 times in a 24 hour period by Order, and Order had nothing to say about it except "organize warbands" which of course is the dumbest thing you can say when out numbered that badly. It makes no sense. Suddenly those same players are now asking for changes that benefit them while ignoring the original problem when it was Destro's and it benefitted them? Talk about hypocrisy.

For whom exactly are you playing the victim?

Most or all of the people in this thread have characters on both sides.

It could just be that steamroll fights are boring. They were boring before. They are boring now.
1. Love how you left wingers always assume someone is playing a victim. Is there a victim mentality if you have to ask who it is?

2. Good for them.

3. If they were boring before, why'd it go on for 8+ months straight before finally changing?

It is entirely possible I am pointing out the hypocrisy of those who now see themselves as victims who did absolutely nothing before, and now that they are affected by it, are now begging for help. So long as it didn't hurt them, they were fine with it, but now that it does, oh noes fix it. I'm more laughing at the fact that this behavior expects sympathy in any way shape or form for the time being. Perhaps after a few months of it getting readily worse and a few more nerfs, it'll finally hit home what should have been apparent when the shoe was on the other foot. Next time, actually listen to what players are saying instead of laughing at them instead, especially if you play both sides. Not everyone does.

Garamore

Post#10 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:23 am

Meliannia wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:35 pm
Tanski wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:44 pm destro attacking had 147 attackers and order had 76 defenders. Can a system not be implemented to boot attackers if the pop difference is that large?
147 vs 76 aint too bad with the ongoing long term and getting worse every week population imbalance
this last week ive seen a 102 vs 31 and a 125 vs 35

Anyway, you're preaching to the converted, expect the usual trolls to come out in force on this thread quicktime
Destro got organised.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore