Recent Topics

Ads

Balance of the game...

Let's talk about... everything else
Adapa

Balance of the game...

Post#1 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:17 pm

Hello

first of all, I am really sorry but can't help to be thankful for this game still being around and also a bit upset with the balance system.

I can understand due to lack of players that we got t4 from lvl 16. But honestly, I think that's a bit tough for those who have to fight against rr 80 with final gear and absurd strength.

Also in scenarios where you get in without a heal but destro of course ALWAYS has heal with them. Can we not have a sc only pop when there is a decent balance? I am no programmer and I can only imagine that this is pretty tough to code at some point.

I also have a suggestion about the balance and fun to play (especially for new players with less time than a rr80 24/7 dude

can we get a weekend event where t2 and t3 fight against and leave lvl 40 to the classic t4 areas ? Maybe just for a weekend to see how its going?

Also, can we get a seperation for lvl 40 scenarios, like from lvl 40 - 64 and 65 - 80?
does that make sense at all?

Please dont hate me for my post. I can't keep it in any longer and need to ask this officially.

I am playing war ror pretty casual, and I think from knowledge of the game I am still a noob (i dont know why i should get gear in some pve dungeons etc)
But I love playing mmo pvp games and there is no other than Warhammer at the moment which deserves my attention.
I just hope my post doesnt get in the wrong throat here (german saying) :D

take care you all and have a nice weekend.
thanks for your time reading this

Ads
shoelessHN

Re: Balance of the game...

Post#2 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:22 pm

The bolster lets you kill most sov players in t3 gear it's not really that broken in open rvr.

Wait until you get to 40 and try a scenario and its 12 80+ players on the other team and you have people in beastlord on yours. May need to add a 30second surrender window at that point and just put renown rank on the scoreboard so people know if it's a complete waste of time.

And if the problem you're seeing in t2 scenarios is no healers, here's a big brain suggestion -- roll one.

Kenshiken

Post#3 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:22 pm

Make premade.
There is not enough players to implement balanced teams.

Adapa

Post#4 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:25 pm

Kenshiken wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:22 pm Make premade.
I lfg everytime and never ever any sends invite on order or whatever. I even said I can log onto other classes to help a squad out but nothing. I am alone in this game, maybe this is my problem

agemennon675

Post#5 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:40 pm

Adapa wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:25 pm
Kenshiken wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:22 pm Make premade.
I lfg everytime and never ever any sends invite on order or whatever. I even said I can log onto other classes to help a squad out but nothing. I am alone in this game, maybe this is my problem
For some reason Order arent that willing to make groups from /5. Majority dont want to play in a group and prefer playing solo or they only want to play with geared players from their friend list, either way it sucks. /5 being very inactive during the day on Order really hurting the realm imo. Its completely opposite on destro, its so much more lively there, many looking for players in /5 for scs/rvr/roaming even pve. More pug leaders making organised groups etc. So yeah.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Meliannia

Post#6 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:19 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:40 pm [

Its completely opposite on destro, its so much more lively there, many looking for players in /5 for scs/rvr/roaming even pve. More pug leaders making organised groups etc. So yeah.
Having a MUCH larger player pool also helps somewhat

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:10 am

Meliannia wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:19 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:40 pm [

Its completely opposite on destro, its so much more lively there, many looking for players in /5 for scs/rvr/roaming even pve. More pug leaders making organised groups etc. So yeah.
Having a MUCH larger player pool also helps somewhat
Ofc, this must be the reason. Then again order won city siege, so destro could need some buffs. The balance focus group has to fix this!
Dying is no option.

sharpblader

Post#8 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:40 am

Adapa wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:17 pm Hello

first of all, I am really sorry but can't help to be thankful for this game still being around and also a bit upset with the balance system.

I can understand due to lack of players that we got t4 from lvl 16. But honestly, I think that's a bit tough for those who have to fight against rr 80 with final gear and absurd strength.

Also in scenarios where you get in without a heal but destro of course ALWAYS has heal with them. Can we not have a sc only pop when there is a decent balance? I am no programmer and I can only imagine that this is pretty tough to code at some point.

I also have a suggestion about the balance and fun to play (especially for new players with less time than a rr80 24/7 dude

can we get a weekend event where t2 and t3 fight against and leave lvl 40 to the classic t4 areas ? Maybe just for a weekend to see how its going?

Also, can we get a seperation for lvl 40 scenarios, like from lvl 40 - 64 and 65 - 80?
does that make sense at all?

Please dont hate me for my post. I can't keep it in any longer and need to ask this officially.

I am playing war ror pretty casual, and I think from knowledge of the game I am still a noob (i dont know why i should get gear in some pve dungeons etc)
But I love playing mmo pvp games and there is no other than Warhammer at the moment which deserves my attention.
I just hope my post doesnt get in the wrong throat here (german saying) :D

take care you all and have a nice weekend.
thanks for your time reading this

Hi,

I can understand what you're going through because as a new player I faced something similar.

Let's talk about what you can do to survive and have fun as a low level player:

1. Avoid roaming the RvR lakes alone. There are high level enemy players that roam specifically built and geared to gank solo. Even a higher level player can have difficulty dealing with them. Hence always join an open warband or, if they are unavailable, invite the players you see around you in your party. Even two dps when grouped together can score some kills.

2. Introspect on the class you play. What is your traditional archetype? Remember that if you're playing heal or tank classes as a dps, people may avoid grouping with you. Some classes like WE and WH can also find it hard to find a group. Basically it's best to play your class with a meta build.

3. Bolster will be your biggest ally and you should make the best use of it by keeping your gear updated closer to your level as much as possible. This also means that you should be using talismans in your gear and even stat potions (if you can afford them). Even a +3 stat talisman will extrapolate and give you more stats through bolster. Also invest in cheap healing potions. They can really come in handy.

Note: Sometimes bolster bugs out, especially when you level up, and no longer gives you a stat boost. So always be mindful of this and a do a reload or relog to fix it.

4. In SCs the power gap is much lower, but the biggest problem everyone faces is the composition. Making different brackets for different levels will lead to the problem of ques not triggering for hours. It will be hard to win in SCs without a proper composition so its best to join or make a premade with a 2-2-2 setup. If this is not possible, after losing your last SC dont que for the next SC immediately. Wait 2 minutes and then que. What this will do is probably pair you with a different set of players with hopefully result in a better composition.

Good luck.

Ads
Sofong

Post#9 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:44 am

man the game now simply dont have the population size to support seperate brackets

tazdingo

Post#10 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:40 am

the whole thing about destro having perfect heals in scs and order -literally none ever- sounds like you had a bad evening and made a thread. look at stronger players as something to aspire to be, not people to bring down. vertical progression has already been neutered to hell since live