Recent Topics

Ads

Destro daily zerg

Let's talk about... everything else
Jeromas

Destro daily zerg

Post#1 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:10 pm

Last couple of months we've seen destro side zerg more and more in every time zone. None more apparent than EU prime time.
Its not uncommon to engage a destro wb with an order wb, only to instantly get flooded by another 3-4 organized destro wbs, leaving only one outcome.

I know that order doesnt have that many organized discord driven warbands any more, and that said destro wbs are eager to find whatever is left to fight. But all it does is drive the last organized order away.

As most know, its not uncommon to see organized destro names, and u all know who u are, surfing eachothers wbs, making a mockery of whatever order has stayed around to give a zone a go. Its apparent when watching destro Streamers on twitch and its apparent when entering zones with a 12 or 18 man of order.

Furthermore everyone stack together in one zone, from both order and destro, leaving the other open pairing down to perhaps scouts VS parties. Why not actively try to spread out?

To round off me wee rant, I would acknowlegde that perhaps wb VS wb fights are a Thing of the past and that I, and others like minded people, are dinosaurs that hasnt realized that we're extinct yet. But it seems to me, that the short term thinking of some people, will produce long term negative effects on the server population as a whole.

No its not the devs responsibility, and no its not bad coding or reward system. Its all down to player mentality.

Ads
agemennon675

Re: Destro daily zerg

Post#2 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:17 pm

Order just lacks pug leaders destro has. By pug leaders I mean leaders who recruit from guild/alliance/ /5 when necessary to fill organised 2-2-2 groups not open warbands.
Last edited by agemennon675 on Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Minisynn

Post#3 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:22 pm

++ for it being player driven. Even with multiple pairings open, every night has 95% of the Order and Destro players in the lakes stacking on top of each other in praag for mindless back and forth fights between war camps. Complete disaster for the past while and I'm sure the people driving it know who they are, and the effect they're having on RvR as a whole - such is small server life 😪

Need to encourage guilds of every size to stop worrying so much about how their killboard stats look and just get out there, start splitting up in RvR, take some L's from the zerg if you have to, and start to fix the blobbing problem before it gets even worse
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Sofong

Post#4 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:24 pm

i wonder how many among the "destro zerg" are order main. :D

Garamore

Post#5 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:32 pm

Jeromas wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:10 pm Last couple of months we've seen destro side zerg more and more in every time zone. None more apparent than EU prime time.
You could swap the word order and destro in your post and it would still be a fair reflection of the state of the game (destro does do better in the EU day time (but only after a 9 month hard order farm period) but EU prime time is pretty balanced unless some xrealm guilds want to lock destro forts so they can do city defence on order)

In some zones its hard to avoid being together as they are either small (t2) or funnel you into certain areas (eataine, caledor etc).

Its also hard to run as an 18-24 as you get followed by 6 mans and pugs who add to fights whether you want them to or not.

There are also a lot of guilds that co-ordinate traps where one acts as bait and the other hits from behind as a 18-24 if you get hit by 2x your numbers front and back you are lucky to survive.

All this leads to people staying together or in close reach of each other.

There is also no respect left for small scalers in rvr anymore (for me this is driven from my irritation at getting jumped by 3-4 witch hunters when solo) therefore there is a lot less respect of what constitutes a fair fight. Gone are the days of waiting to see the outcome of a fight - people just add.

Love it or hate it though open RvR is why most people play this game.

It is down to warband leaders to separate, dont co-ordinate traps with other guilds and roam a bit wider from the normal spots!
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Jeromas

Post#6 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:33 pm

I raised points regarding zerging on a daily basis, I didnt speak even once of classes or balance. Neither are important in this context.

Jeromas

Post#7 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:39 pm

To Garamore:
Lets, for argument sake, say youre right about order did the same some time ago and now its destro. (would argue that its all the same ppl just on different toons).

How do we address it as a community, and try to help the server along? Is it just a "we cant do ****, so lets just shake our heads and move on..." Thing?

nurse3766

Post#8 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:57 pm

I have left order because there are almost never any pug wbs. When i joined the server a couple yrs ago there were, but that seems to be over now. I go on destro and theres at least 3 usually like 6 pug wbs. Its a grouping game and sadly nobody wants to run pug wb on order.
Ive been on destro about a week now and i have never had to wait for a wb.
Until you can somehow motivate ppl to run pugs on order then this is what it is.

Ads
Asderas27

Post#9 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:00 pm

wb vs wb is still being done. Just try and contact some of the destro wb guild leaders/officers. I know for a fact Absolution and Nightmare are open to wb vs wb. Just recently Absolution made forum post about GvG fights 12/18/24 size. I suggest you contact them.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Jeromas

Post#10 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:19 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:00 pm wb vs wb is still being done. Just try and contact some of the destro wb guild leaders/officers. I know for a fact Absolution and Nightmare are open to wb vs wb. Just recently Absolution made forum post about GvG fights 12/18/24 size. I suggest you contact them.
I know. FE has been contacted numerous times to engage in this. But should this really be nessesary in this game?

My post was to address this zerg thing as a player driven problem, and perhaps both sides could find a player driven solution to it. I dont think any organized wb find this particularly challenging, but I could be wrong...