Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Salvation WP Guide

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Scottx125

Re: [WP] Salvation WP Guide

Post#31 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:00 am

Because this guide is meant for an organised WB. And is not a definitive selection. RP usually take AP regen + you have the knight aura. Any more is overkill. Even without that. You need to take at least 3 different tactics baseline. And for WP healing is everything. Your job as a healer is to counter pressure, cleansing can help with that but ultimately your job is to keep everyone alive. WP focus on the group and WB because thats what they're good at. No WP that I've spoken to during and after this guide was made recommends running RR in a WB unless you've got no AP pump including a tank. I've taken into account experience from some of the best WPs on the server in making this guide. If cleansing works for you, do it. It's viable and it is listed in my guide. My guild WB however priorities pressure creation and negation. That lies in burst damage and healing as a priority as fights are heavy and all in, you don't have free rotations and windows for cleansing it's 100% uptime or you wipe. We tested the difference of RR and cleansing. And we found via a leadership decision as well as that from members being healed, they felt they lasted longer with just pure healing over cleansing, and RR didn't make any difference for their AP. You are right, cleansing does help with removing various nasty things like snares, problem is they can often be instantly reapplied, so it's an effort in futility. You also cannot target what debuff you remove. By default it's the effect longest on the target, which reduces how good cleanse is.

I should note this is all with the assumption you run the standard format for many Org WBs:

RP are not spamming AoE heals, their job is ST cross healing and pumping shields out for protection. They are also on ress duty. They also take the AP pump tactic and the inc % healing recieved.

AM spam their AoE heals, EoV etc. At least one has insta res and is a primary resser. Others bring slow puddle.

WP are on heal spam duty, they keep their HoTs rolling constantly as that's the main low-medium pressure mitigation. When poop hits the fan, smite and generate RF ASAP AoE heal spam, MB and AoE HoT, ST HoTing where you can. Your M2 is the break glass for emergency button (to counter enemy WB morale drops). By rolling HoTs, you should be pre-fight HoTing at least 4 DPS, a total of 8 ppl is the target. 4 DPS and 4 Tanks between 2 groups. During the fight it turns to DPS primarily and whoever needs it after that, dropping down to a target of 4-6 during fights. The heavier the fight the less ST HoTs due to AoE being more valuable and less available time for casting (which is why Fuelled Fury is so good in high pressure situations, less time smiting more time pumping heals). In regards to cleanse, if you're taking time away from healing to be cleansing. Imo that's a problem, especially in high pressure situations.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Paxsanarion

Post#32 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:26 pm

Love the guide! Thank you for writing it. I am coming back to Warrior Priest after playing other toons for a while……I have an alt problem :-) I was wondering is there a way to play warrior priest as. Salvation grace hybrid with shield and still be effective in a warband these days? I have read Rydiaks great guide but was curious if anything has changed? Thank you!

Scottx125

Post#33 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:20 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:26 pm Love the guide! Thank you for writing it. I am coming back to Warrior Priest after playing other toons for a while……I have an alt problem :-) I was wondering is there a way to play warrior priest as. Salvation grace hybrid with shield and still be effective in a warband these days? I have read Rydiaks great guide but was curious if anything has changed? Thank you!
You mean a STR/Willpower hybrid? Not really. I've thought about this quite a lot and unless the devs add someway to allow STR/Willpower to be interchangeable but perhaps at half the scaling of normal. Then it might be viable. As is, you're spreading your stats too thin and you become useless at both. Everything is in flux at the moment with the new ability system just recently coming online plus we're going to be seeing balance changes in the coming months. So It'd be premature to suggest anything for certain.

What I can say, is Grace is mostly the same except you lose your slowdown. So catching targets fleeing is going to be near impossible. Salvation on the other hand has had a decent buff with it's 7piece Sov change to 10% chance on any heal to regen 45RF with no internal cooldown. Makes it possible to move away from the frontline as a WP and do more AoE group healing without running out of RF all the time. Plus because of that, abilities like refreshing radiance are even more useful because you don't need that tactic slot to slot Fuelled Fury for RF regen or protective tactics.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Paxsanarion

Post#34 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:36 pm

Thanks! I will stay Salvation for the time being and hope for more flexibility :-).

Nameless

Post#35 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:43 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:20 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:26 pm Love the guide! Thank you for writing it. I am coming back to Warrior Priest after playing other toons for a while……I have an alt problem :-) I was wondering is there a way to play warrior priest as. Salvation grace hybrid with shield and still be effective in a warband these days? I have read Rydiaks great guide but was curious if anything has changed? Thank you!
You mean a STR/Willpower hybrid? Not really. I've thought about this quite a lot and unless the devs add someway to allow STR/Willpower to be interchangeable but perhaps at half the scaling of normal. Then it might be viable. As is, you're spreading your stats too thin and you become useless at both. Everything is in flux at the moment with the new ability system just recently coming online plus we're going to be seeing balance changes in the coming months. So It'd be premature to suggest anything for certain.

What I can say, is Grace is mostly the same except you lose your slowdown. So catching targets fleeing is going to be near impossible. Salvation on the other hand has had a decent buff with it's 7piece Sov change to 10% chance on any heal to regen 45RF with no internal cooldown. Makes it possible to move away from the frontline as a WP and do more AoE group healing without running out of RF all the time. Plus because of that, abilities like refreshing radiance are even more useful because you don't need that tactic slot to slot Fuelled Fury for RF regen or protective tactics.
He prolly mean a setup that was aiming to test but didnt.
Being full salv, gear and spec and using shield instead chalice for extra bock and 1-2 aditional situational skills. But I guess rf maintain will be hard job to manage
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Scottx125

Post#36 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:13 pm

Nameless wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:43 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:20 pm

He prolly mean a setup that was aiming to test but didnt.
Being full salv, gear and spec and using shield instead chalice for extra bock and 1-2 aditional situational skills. But I guess rf maintain will be hard job to manage
Ah. Either way, I don't have one that IMO works. There's gear for a melee salv spec but nothing that works for a hybrid Grace spec.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Dakkhon

Post#37 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:08 pm

You should do example of heal builds and dps builds for people to try. That would complete the guide as well as some discussion on why thoe build and tactics. Well done though! Very helpful
Marauder and WE killer because I hate classes that require no skill lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scottx125

Post#38 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:15 pm

Dakkhon wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:08 pm You should do example of heal builds and dps builds for people to try. That would complete the guide as well as some discussion on why thoe build and tactics. Well done though! Very helpful
Alas, I would if they existed. Wrath is very weak. There's a reason there a so few Wrath WP's out there, because aside from it being cool. It doesn't bring enough utility or damage to be worth a party slot. Grace, it can work. But it's not my style of play. I was testing a Grace/Salvation build today which had promise. But it relies on the 7 piece Grace Sov gear. But the proc doesn't work on life-siphons. I've posted a bug report to see if it'll get fixed/replaced.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads