Recent Topics

Ads

Changes from live

Let's talk about... everything else
georgehabadasher

Changes from live

Post#1 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:34 am

Some friends I were getting nostalgic for the good old WAR times and considering coming back, but don't know what to play. From what I've seen, there are some significant balance changes from live. Is there a comprehensive list of what changes have been made to classes in RoR?

What addons still work. Which ones are people using?

Also, how is the population these days, especially NA evenings? When is the best time to play?

Appreciate the help!

Ads
Alfa1986

Re: Changes from live

Post#2 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:32 am

nb was banned doesn't work anymore. some classes were completely redesigned. The rvr system also has nothing to similar with WAR.
sity siege and lotd are as events and no connected with rvr anymore.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

inoeth
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:37 am

afaik nb was also not allowed on live

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:22 am

inoeth wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:37 am afaik nb was also not allowed on live
It wasn't banned and therefore allowed. :)
Dying is no option.

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:31 am

There was Addon that allowed healer's to res without Los that everyone used. I dont remember it's name but i think it was not allowed either but wasnt banned like NB and nothing happened if you used the Res addon.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Cardiff

Post#6 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:50 am

Hi, it terms of balances changes to classes from live check out the wiki: https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/Class_Changes

Pick a class and scroll down, there will be a section detailing all the balance changes

ravezaar

Post#7 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:09 am

for along time Id say RoR had better balance then Live but they started making up skills and giving classes skills and CC they shouldnt have so it got imho abit broken. Still playable and u will find most things u recall from Live.

Worst balance imo is they removed Cleansing Winds & Resolute Defence from renown trainer so DoT classes now are in paradise. Add to that a poor Weekly reward design and a Killboard that complete changes player behavior and u got what u got.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Sulorie

Post#8 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:41 am

ravezaar wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:09 am for along time Id say RoR had better balance then Live but they started making up skills and giving classes skills and CC they shouldnt have so it got imho abit broken. Still playable and u will find most things u recall from Live.

Worst balance imo is they removed Cleansing Winds & Resolute Defence from renown trainer so DoT classes now are in paradise. Add to that a poor Weekly reward design and a Killboard that complete changes player behavior and u got what u got.
Considering dot classes only shine against enemies without heals aka solo players, which is no basis to make balancing changes, RD and especially CW were overall quite bad for class balance. Most people specced for them on live besides TB as there was plenty crit rate from gear and procs alone. Don't get me wrong, I loved my CW3 back then but I don't think it was such a good addition on a bigger perspective.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Kpi

Post#9 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:07 am

Welcome back soldier

Enemy addon is a good addon for any class and Swift assist for DPS.

New addons has been developed for RoR:
-"GCD Saver" (viewtopic.php?f=66&t=47530&p=518675&hil ... er#p518675) will help you a lot with inmunities.
-Wartriage" (viewtopic.php?f=66&t=46836&p=509923&hil ... ge#p509923) is a ver good addon for healer
-"EZguard" (viewtopic.php?f=66&t=47278&p=505232&hil ... rd#p505232) for tanks.
Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:32 am nb was banned doesn't work anymore. some classes were completely redesigned. The rvr system also has nothing to similar with WAR.
sity siege and lotd are as events and no connected with rvr anymore.
NB is not allowed... but i'm sure it is still working for a few :(
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Alfa1986

Post#10 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:15 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:31 am
There was Addon that allowed healer's to res without Los that everyone used. I dont remember it's name but i think it was not allowed either but wasnt banned like NB and nothing happened if you used the Res addon.

there was an addon that helped res through walls, and in my opinion it was banned. nb had not been banned on live.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum