Recent Topics

Ads

Whats with people not getting banned for exploiting discordant

Let's talk about... everything else
motozac99

Whats with people not getting banned for exploiting discordant

Post#1 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:30 pm

Anyone else notice that almost every day the same rr 90 folks like Gloom, Astroice, Coka, other sorcs are always grouping up in Discord and queing up at the exact same time to farm pugs in discordant? It's so bad that many Order never queue discordant because the premades are even worse than the non-pug SCs and we are at a further disadvantage because we don't have groups exploiting the discordant queue like destro does.

Ads
Tanski

Re: Whats with people not getting banned for exploiting discordant

Post#2 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:42 pm

This is happening far too much, but not from the names you have listed 😂😂😂😂, duo que is a thing m8

Actually beat a discorded guild 6 man in discordant 6v6 with pugs recently which was pretty pepega on their part
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Sulorie

Post#3 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:57 pm

motozac99 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:30 pm ...we are at a further disadvantage because we don't have groups exploiting the discordant queue like destro does.
You sure about it? :lol:
Is this a case of grass-is-always-greener-syndrom in decline?
Dying is no option.

Astroice

Post#4 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:58 pm

<3 forgot to say you can catch me on twitch i stream alomst... bwhahaha im dying. but for real i stream most of the time dunno where i have time to do all that.

edit again: I do feel bad sometimes going fully geared into that sc vs you guys with a firend. But thats the way it is atm.

lemao

Post#5 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:07 am

Those people are acually duo queueing all the time. Once they get together in a sc and it ends they obviously hit the queue button again which matches them again together(most of the time). Nice of you to say "they are grouping up in discord " tho without any acual proof of it.

lemao

Post#6 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:10 am

Here another explanation from Wargrimnir for you from another forum post :

AFAIK it doesn't pull from outside of discordant, but it's also not like we have hundreds of people playing, and if you re-queue after a match, it's pretty likely you'll run into at least a couple of the same people you fought in the last match. What people call premades could just be the same group of people that are queuing after a match. If that's primarily what you're doing in-game, there's not much reason to wait around, particularly if your realm is on a win-streak. What we look for in "premades" is a pattern of players looking to abuse the system, and there's a handful of metrics we can start with. From the players side, you are more than welcome to the Killboard link at the top of the forums to investigate whether people are actually running premades, or if it's coincidence/paranoia. We have the data publicly available, you don't have to guess.

Consider how the queue system works. At the end of the match, you're going to have 12 people on each side leave a scenario. How many of those people are going to queue up again in the next 60 seconds? Probably most of them if their intent for the night is to play scenarios. That means the next time the matchmaker is triggered, the majority of people who just finished a match should be joining the next available one. Even if you wait a couple minutes and then join, it's likely that you will be selected to fill a spot in the new match primarily made of the players who just finished, since it tries to fill scenarios every 30 seconds until they're full. What is going to make a winning realm stop queuing back to back? Having a solid loss that demoralizes their desire to keep going, reaching some personal goal of crests, or running out of consumables that forces them to go to the city to visit the auctionhouse or a gear vendor.

magictaquito

Post#7 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:22 am

motozac99 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:30 pm Anyone else notice that almost every day the same rr 90 folks like Gloom, Astroice, Coka, other sorcs are always grouping up in Discord and queing up at the exact same time to farm pugs in discordant? It's so bad that many Order never queue discordant because the premades are even worse than the non-pug SCs and we are at a further disadvantage because we don't have groups exploiting the discordant queue like destro does.
lol, lmao. Seriously though, this is simply not true.
[Gobbo Club] Guild Master
Brokensafety - RR84 Squig Herder
Fart - RR6x Black Orc
Healyfingas - RR6x Shaman
Imbigga - RR5x Choppa

rngvp

Post#8 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:02 am

Oh, for a second I thought you were talking about order side until I saw the names. I had the opposite experience.. order dominating several scenarios during a certain time period. I’ve gotten lucky and had some of those names you listed in my group. Sometimes we win.. sometimes we don’t. It does suck when one side can’t even get a kill. When it’s really one sided like that, I just surrender and get on a different class that might can contribute better or go do rvr or dungeons. There is usually some kind of alternative to getting farmed in scs that doesn’t involve qqing in the forums.

Ads
Sever1n

Post#9 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:18 am

System need improvement. 80sov nooblords must be forced to go ranked. I have 4bis char but i have zero fun in going to sc to stomp ruin geared noobs. Devs discordant skirmish eas a step in good direction but pls polish it and protect people from nooblords and dont start sc without atleast 1heal. Make scens fun and give chance to win it to everybody.

Detangler

Post#10 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:44 am

Sever1n wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:18 am System need improvement. 80sov nooblords must be forced to go ranked. I have 4bis char but i have zero fun in going to sc to stomp ruin geared noobs. Devs discordant skirmish eas a step in good direction but pls polish it and protect people from nooblords and dont start sc without atleast 1heal. Make scens fun and give chance to win it to everybody.
Not everyone likes to constantly gear up alts. Whats the point of getting a character to 80 and all that gear if you never use it?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable