Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Everdin

Re: Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Post#81 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:14 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:54 am
Spoiler:
nocturnalguest wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:37 am
Kaelang wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:04 pm
I'm really struggling to see why there are so many questions around this. It's really not very hard to grasp.

Discordant Skirmish is a pug / solo scenario queue, that's it. If you want to queue into that, go for it. If you want to queue the normal scenario solo or with a premade, go for it. If you're losing and not enjoying it, go and do something else. If you don't have people online in your immediate guild / friendlist but want to premade, find some people to do it with. /5 is there.
Im not them but i believe i understand the reason people ask. Ill give a brief example:
Player A is really great at game, BiS, wants to play DPS upon logging, wears big serious guild tag with ~10-20 ppl online each day. Lets assume its choppa. Guild has no event so members are evenly spread by all types of activities.
Player A is flexible, so q all (or even ds only for faster pop) as DPS solo. Chances Player A gets into discordant are really high.
Player A as bis choppa gets a pop of ds scen. Order opposition has 1 sm, 1 mayhem rp and a nice full stack of sw/bw/engi in greens. 1 bis choppa who knows what buttons to press and when is more than enough to just basically destroy them all. By occasion one or two of guild mates also felt like doing some solo play while cultivating or hanging out in ic and got into same ds pop. That was a chill evening, no serious event or other important group activities. Also its rarely even 3 different ds matches in parallel. Happens.
Now order gets absolutely destroyed and reports them for stacking according to 3 same guild tags on killboard.

No screenshot like they are in same discord channel, no other solid proves are presented for example. And even they pop up in same ds and then go into their guild discord how is that a problem? Is it prohibited to communicate in this game mode? If yes then why?
What's gonna happen further is mystery. People are afraid of unjustified bans of course. Especially in cause someone got rekt and will shout as loud as possible.
What GM's gonna do? What amount of such occasions can be considered statistically correct for a term "stacking"? Twice is enough? Are you even save if it happened once? Would bans be this mode specific as its atm technically possible or proper ones? Etc

Im ok with duos ban, however i dont believe it was such a big issue tbf. Haven't seen a solid single prove of guild group sqeezing 2+2+2 into 1 ds match like being in discord and all that.
Stomps happen due to incredibly big mismatch of basically everything starting from skill (which is close to unreal to evaluate by good metrics like mmr with this low pop), group composition, rr, gear, specs etc. And they wont stop to happen if you let duos or not. Alot of duos did farm killboard scores in ds, yes. But those i know of are/were just duos. Depending on a match up it not so rare that skilled bis dps is ok to completely stomp enemy team of 12 random newbies with whatever mere assistance of other 11 randoms.
It's really not that complex. Don't actively abuse the queue system to end up with friends and you have nothing to worry about. That's really all there is to it.
If you write things Like "...and act as a duo...".

You open a big box of questions, and wonder why people won't get your rules.

I currently leveling a tank, I que solo and during a day most of the guys are the same. If i see a familiar dps who performed well before, i guard, i follow i assist and even kicking away guards. Because thats what my Job ist.
Thats No "what if", thats a fact.

Just say "Don't abuse, but you won't get banned If you are just doing your job."

If you can't say this without doubt, the system ist more complex then you try to communicate here.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
bradbury111

Post#82 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:06 pm

I don't get why there's the assumption that solo players are bad at the game so they shouldn't focus, guard, guard swapping, prehots, morales or changing team to balance out groups. Seems they're features for only the ones do parties. It's not, they do coordinate and they do play smart and they don't play for themselves but for the group. There's quality even in not hiding in numbers if the bare minimum is provided.

Although dedicated duos have something more, and mostly of the time is the synergy between classes/builds and they have a clearly advantage on pugs. I met a duo while lvling, tank+dps that was always an autowin for that side (they had 90+ win/ratio) and I wasn't surprise, they had knowledge of the game vs mostly new players that were learning and/or were ungeared.

Having duos in t1-2 ds sc was unfair for anyone, it's where you meet new players and where they learn and try stuffs before landing in the meta builds. I would have preferred gradually removing duos in t1-2 ds sc first and eventually, if necessary, but in a second time, in t4.

Kaelang

Post#83 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:40 pm

Everdin wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:14 pm
Kaelang wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:54 am
Spoiler:
nocturnalguest wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:37 am

Im not them but i believe i understand the reason people ask. Ill give a brief example:
Player A is really great at game, BiS, wants to play DPS upon logging, wears big serious guild tag with ~10-20 ppl online each day. Lets assume its choppa. Guild has no event so members are evenly spread by all types of activities.
Player A is flexible, so q all (or even ds only for faster pop) as DPS solo. Chances Player A gets into discordant are really high.
Player A as bis choppa gets a pop of ds scen. Order opposition has 1 sm, 1 mayhem rp and a nice full stack of sw/bw/engi in greens. 1 bis choppa who knows what buttons to press and when is more than enough to just basically destroy them all. By occasion one or two of guild mates also felt like doing some solo play while cultivating or hanging out in ic and got into same ds pop. That was a chill evening, no serious event or other important group activities. Also its rarely even 3 different ds matches in parallel. Happens.
Now order gets absolutely destroyed and reports them for stacking according to 3 same guild tags on killboard.

No screenshot like they are in same discord channel, no other solid proves are presented for example. And even they pop up in same ds and then go into their guild discord how is that a problem? Is it prohibited to communicate in this game mode? If yes then why?
What's gonna happen further is mystery. People are afraid of unjustified bans of course. Especially in cause someone got rekt and will shout as loud as possible.
What GM's gonna do? What amount of such occasions can be considered statistically correct for a term "stacking"? Twice is enough? Are you even save if it happened once? Would bans be this mode specific as its atm technically possible or proper ones? Etc

Im ok with duos ban, however i dont believe it was such a big issue tbf. Haven't seen a solid single prove of guild group sqeezing 2+2+2 into 1 ds match like being in discord and all that.
Stomps happen due to incredibly big mismatch of basically everything starting from skill (which is close to unreal to evaluate by good metrics like mmr with this low pop), group composition, rr, gear, specs etc. And they wont stop to happen if you let duos or not. Alot of duos did farm killboard scores in ds, yes. But those i know of are/were just duos. Depending on a match up it not so rare that skilled bis dps is ok to completely stomp enemy team of 12 random newbies with whatever mere assistance of other 11 randoms.
It's really not that complex. Don't actively abuse the queue system to end up with friends and you have nothing to worry about. That's really all there is to it.
If you write things Like "...and act as a duo...".

You open a big box of questions, and wonder why people won't get your rules.

I currently leveling a tank, I que solo and during a day most of the guys are the same. If i see a familiar dps who performed well before, i guard, i follow i assist and even kicking away guards. Because thats what my Job ist.
Thats No "what if", thats a fact.

Just say "Don't abuse, but you won't get banned If you are just doing your job."

If you can't say this without doubt, the system ist more complex then you try to communicate here.
That's because you're talking about two different things.

Playing inside a scenario as you should is completely fine, nobody is arguing that. The point is people are abusing the queue to end up in a formulated team in every scenario. Abusing the queue and playing with your team are two very different things that people seem to be putting together as one circumstance.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Kaelang

Post#84 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:45 pm

Spoiler:
Caduceus wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:07 am
Kaelang wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:46 am
It seems to me all the people who are caring this much about how to work around 'the GMs' are the people who are trying to find ways to get around the system itself.

There's nothing more to be said on it.

It was a genuine question.

This hostile attitude towards the playerbase is a bit worrying honestly. I noticed it also during our conversation on the RoR Discord. I understand you guys receive a lot of undeserved **** from the playerbase, but treating every player here like they've mistreated you is not the way you want to go.

The rules as you're stating them are clear enough, but the implications are so strange which is the reason I asked.

If one guild member is queueing Discordant, apparently no other guild member can without risking the ire of the GMs.

I understand - Discordant is for solo queue only.

Does this mean that when I am solo queueing and find I'm up against people in the same guild I can report this to the GMs and action will be taken?
You will see the paragraph higher I acknowledge this myself and why the dismissive tone starts to come out when people are asking questions completely unrelated to the change or their gameplay. GM's are smart enough to understand if someone is abusing the system or someone is just playing with their team. People are overcomplicating the process and asking questions that in truth don't need to be asked - unless you're intending on abusing the system in anyway.

It's like someone coming forward and asking 100 questions about an exploit and what they can do to get around it, instead of just playing the game ignoring the exploit is even there in the first place.

If you're playing the solo queue as intended, queueing solo, playing the scenario, nobody is going to look twice at you. There's not really any questions around that that warrant a response, and yet people are coming with more and more complex situations as to what if's and but why's. Truthfully this really is a non-issue unless you're looking for an issue to begin with.

I wouldn't say I'm being hostile however, I'm just answering the questions directly without adding fluff in there. If my tone is coming across as such it's probably because we've answered about 100 questions around this non-issue in itself.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Everdin

Post#85 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:06 pm

I think in these to posts you clear a lot of concerns. Thank you a lot.

I wouldn't say you we're hostile - literally. But if the questions are with pure intention, your answers could maybe be a little harsh.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Kpi

Post#86 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:15 pm

As I figured it would, in the 30 minutes my wife and I have had to play before going to job, we've only been able to play 1 SC together, instead of the 3-4 we were able to play daily before the patch.

Another great patch to help players.

I'm sorry to be so rude, but it was the only moment of the day that we had to play as a duo and you have killed it
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

fatelvis

Post#87 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:51 pm

Kpi wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:15 pm As I figured it would, in the 30 minutes my wife and I have had to play before going to job, we've only been able to play 1 SC together, instead of the 3-4 we were able to play daily before the patch.

I'm sorry to be so rude, but it was the only moment of the day that we had to play as a duo and you have killed it
Start a party with her, que everything but discordent.
It's not like in every non-discordent SC there's a premade waiting for you. You might be able to pick someone up in those 30mins improving your SC experience even further, becoming one of those feared premades yourself.

JayEm

Post#88 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:05 pm

fatelvis wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:51 pm
Kpi wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:15 pm As I figured it would, in the 30 minutes my wife and I have had to play before going to job, we've only been able to play 1 SC together, instead of the 3-4 we were able to play daily before the patch.

It's not like in every non-discordent SC there's a premade waiting for you. You might be able to pick someone up in those 30mins improving your SC experience even further, becoming one of those feared premades yourself.
Could have said the same thing to solo players before this change:
"It's not like in every discordent SC there's a duo waiting for you. You might be able to pick someone up in those 30mins improving your SC experience even further, becoming one of those feared duos yourself."

Besides, having duos against solo people was still more balanced than duos going against full 6-man premades. Discordant was also the only one to even start at times, especially in t2-t3 (40 minute queue with 3-man party and no sc pop during Keg End before we gave up and went back to duoing).

Ads
zumos2

Post#89 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:25 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:42 pm - Discordant Skirmish is no longer able to be queued by a party of two players. This is intended to curb some of the intentional or unintentional queue grouping. Please note that we do have bigger scenario changes in the works for the future and this will in no way be a final state.
For me this is just a stupid change. First it's a lot of fun for people to play as a duo. But the main reason this is an incredibly stupid change is that it doesn't fix the problem that you describe at all. If the issue is players (more than 2) stacking in the pug scenario, they can still do it now. If you queue with 6 ppl at the same time you're still gonna get in together with most.

So you just took away a fun part of the game to not fix a problem.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Kpi

Post#90 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:34 pm

fatelvis wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:51 pm

The problem is the SCs are not popping.. only discordants pops in the morning. Even if we queue as a group, our time queue is so big than we can't play in the time we have available.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+