Recent Topics

Ads

Has Stealth Ever Been Done Well?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Morradin

Re: Has Stealth Ever Been Done Well?

Post#21 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:55 pm

Going to say this (and have been saying this) on all threads I see where someone complains about stealth, WEs or WHs.

Are you serious? Seriously?

follow the logic
If WE/WH is so OP, then they would be the dps foundation of every mega 6 man or organized wb. They are not, so logically, they are not that OP. What mdps do WB have ALL the time? Mara, Choppa, Melee Squig on destro, WL, SL, Melee SW on order.

Nearly all stealth kills are done on solo players AND (more important) on players who do not practice safe positioning, and overextend out of heal/guard range. If this happens to you, often, why blame the stealther? It is your bad play style to blame, not the stealther.

Ads
Martok

Post#22 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:02 pm

Morradin wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:55 pm...so logically...

Your post is in clear violation of all things holy in this game as Logic is not allowed here! Cease and desist immediately!
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#23 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:03 pm

TrainInVain wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:30 am Shadowbane had a few anti stealth classes with a tracking ability. You could bring up a list of all enemies in a zone and select a name from the list you wanted to track. After a short animation, you would get an arrow pointing in the direction of the person you're tracking, regardless of if they were stealthed or not.
Typically once that arrow suddenly pointed in a different direction you knew pretty much where they were. "AOE on me," was then called and you could pop them out.
Ah, a fellow Shadowbane homie. Back when Scout was a class and it was super necessary to spot enemy movement on the map outside of render range. That game did a lot of things right that haven't been repeated since.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Scottx125

Post#24 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:04 pm

Morradin wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:55 pm Going to say this (and have been saying this) on all threads I see where someone complains about stealth, WEs or WHs.

follow the logic
If WE/WH is so OP, then they would be the dps foundation of every mega 6 man or organized wb. They are not, so logically, they are not that OP. What mdps do WB have ALL the time? Mara, Choppa, Melee Squig on destro, WL, SL, Melee SW on order.

Nearly all stealth kills are done on solo players AND (more important) on players who do not practice safe positioning, and overextend out of heal/guard range. If this happens to you, often, why blame the stealther? It is your bad play style to blame, not the stealther.
They're not bad DPS by any means, but they're single target. Which means outside of ST parties they don't have much use in ORVR. Which is why most run solo or in gank groups. That's not the issue, their DPS is fine as it should be, they hit hard and are or should be super squishy. The issue here is should they be able to stealth all the time, or should it be a limited stealth? I'm more on the camp of a limited stealth with their balance remaining as current, maybe made slightly more squishy. If they were to get perm stealth, I think there should be a cost to being able to stealth longer, maybe have it as a tactic that allows indefinite stealth but reduces damage by 25%.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Sofong

Post#25 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:27 pm

u have a class AVERAGE near 10:1 solo kills. way above others in game, if thats not broken idk what is. they were pecfectly capable of the st killer role before the necessary buffs.
Last edited by Sofong on Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bradbury111

Post#26 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:28 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:31 am Imagine being a rogue and unable to sneak towards your prey. Stealth is just the videogame translation of sneaking at times where you otherwise would see your opponent due to field of view or camera perspective.
Towards or away? Don't think stealth is the characterization given, or would be only implemented as an offensive tool but it's not.
To me is an attractive concept that gives a lot interpretations of its design, you can do it as an offensive tool(opportunist), a defensive one(evasion) or both(hit and run) and everything would be cool but it's an hell to balance, mainly in games with target mechanics. Here stealth it's ok-ish, but for example in gw2 it's not.

Shogun4138

Post#27 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:51 pm

Without stealth WE/WH are easy kills. They don't add to warbands as there are much better alternatives. Most classes can either out dps them or they have the tools to get away.

Reality is your want to strut freely to any BO or to your warbands. Sorry kiddos, you need to know your character and their abilities to survive.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Morradin

Post#28 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:51 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:04 pm
Morradin wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:55 pm Going to say this (and have been saying this) on all threads I see where someone complains about stealth, WEs or WHs.

follow the logic

They're not bad DPS by any means, but they're single target. Which means outside of ST parties they don't have much use in ORVR. Which is why most run solo or in gank groups. That's not the issue, their DPS is fine as it should be, they hit hard and are or should be super squishy. The issue here is should they be able to stealth all the time, or should it be a limited stealth? I'm more on the camp of a limited stealth with their balance remaining as current, maybe made slightly more squishy. If they were to get perm stealth, I think there should be a cost to being able to stealth longer, maybe have it as a tactic that allows indefinite stealth but reduces damage by 25%.
First of all, stealth is bugged. Neither WE or WH can unstealth unless they enter combat. WH is lucky that they can use their AoE opener that does not require a target, to unstealth and not be in combat. WE is screwed, they have to wait the 30 sec for ability to CD, then unstealth, and wait another 30 sec for the ability to finish CD. A 1 min stealth allows for compensation of this bug.

Second. 1 Min Stealth is NOT that long. It is just enough to allow stealthed player to get in the best position possible to attack, and if need to, get away. Gives the stealther time to evaluate the conditions and if need be withdraw. This is the only fully working method for a stealther to increase survivability. Remember, the jump back ability can be negated by opponent cc, and sometimes does not work.

Third. Stealth is easily broken. From Chosen/KoBS auras, to any random aoe ability, damage or cc, can break stealth. More importantly, 4 points of RR put into INIT, and you can see stealthers most of the time. At least I do on my Magus, SW, Sham, and AM.

MAYBE ... maybe I have an easy time against stealthers because since live (2009), I have been playing stealthers. I know what they can do and what their weaknesses are. Most people who complain about stealth have never ranked a stealther to rr80, or as on live rr100.
Martok wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:02 pm
Morradin wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:55 pm...so logically...

Your post is in clear violation of all things holy in this game as Logic is not allowed here! Cease and desist immediately!
+1001

Ads
Florian90210

Post#29 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:00 pm

Definitely one of devs big fan of this pure cancer classes.
They choose when and who to attack and when they feel that they loose they can escape easily.
Morradin wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:55 pm follow the logic
If WE/WH is so OP, then they would be the dps foundation of every mega 6 man or organized wb. They are not, so logically, they are not that OP. What mdps do WB have ALL the time?
Because why follow boring zerg and share RP and crests when you one-man-army and can get all RP and all crests?

Oldpine

Post#30 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:25 pm

Sofong wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:27 pm u have a class AVERAGE near 10:1 solo kills. way above others in game, if thats not broken idk what is. they were pecfectly capable of the st killer role before the necessary buffs.
Where do you get this statistic btw? Id like to see those.