Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] Question regarding optimal endgame gear

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ronago

[Zealot] Question regarding optimal endgame gear

Post#1 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:27 am

Hello everyone!

My zealot is reaching the final push towards RR78 and I'm having doubts regarding end game gear.

From what I've researched in the forums, it's usually a combination of Triumphant and Sovereign. The problem comes with what to wear.

-6 tri 3 sov: This combination gives the least stats and 1% less crit heal (set bonus) but grants you a 5% chance per direct heal or attack to reduce cast time by 25% for 5 seconds. This combination seems quite popular but I don't really know how powerful this proc is. While 25% cast reduction seems potent, a 5% chance to proc and 5 sec duration means that many times it will not be up when you need it (unless it procs with ritual of lunacy, in which case it probable has a quite large uptime). Moreover, I find both the big ST heal and the group heal are situational. At times they are very powerful assets but in other situations I feel I would be better off with just more flat out stats instead of empowered big heals with high chance of setback.

-5 sov 4 tri: I feel like the combinations with more sov will be more to my liking. More stats, less dependance on procs. With this combination you still get the ap proc from tri. Since I don't run with ap tactics (I use the armor on HoT as my fourth tactic) this may be a good choice for ap hungry situations.

-6 sov 3 tri: I really don't know if this combination is even worth it, but it's worth asking at least. Here we loose the ap regen in favor of +2 alchemy, giving us bigger numbers on the instant and casted ST heals. I guess it will not be worth it but maybe somebody has tested it and can give some feedback.

As you may see, I'm guessing it all depends on the effectiveness of the cast reduction proc in the Triumphant set. Could you please give me some feedback in this regard? I've seen zealots run both main triumphant and main sovereign, but I'm still not sure about what path fits me better.

Thanks in advance!!

Ads
cleanharry030

Re: [Zealot] Question regarding optimal endgame gear

Post#2 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:20 am

ronago wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:27 am -6 tri 3 sov: This combination gives the least stats and 1% less crit heal (set bonus) but grants you a 5% chance per direct heal or attack to reduce cast time by 25% for 5 seconds. This combination seems quite popular but I don't really know how powerful this proc is.
It is powerful in almost every situation, regardless of your preferred format of play (small grp, 6 or warband). 6 Triumphant only falls short in terms of survivability but at the end of the day you are a Healer and the Proc "Increasing Impetus" is a fantastic boost to your output.
ronago wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:27 am While 25% cast reduction seems potent, a 5% chance to proc and 5 sec duration means that many times it will not be up when you need it (unless it procs with ritual of lunacy, in which case it probable has a quite large uptime). Moreover, I find both the big ST heal and the group heal are situational. At times they are very powerful assets but in other situations I feel I would be better off with just more flat out stats instead of empowered big heals with high chance of setback.
It can indeed proc on Ritual of Lunacy, hence it has a fairly high uptime even while you are reapplying HoT's.

I personally use it on RP and it made me fanatically grind the Ring on my Zealot, since it feels terrible playing without it. The change in playstyle, if you make use of every proc, will drastically increase your healing output. I recommend using Restorative Burst though since it can be quite AP hungry (even with Restorative Burst I tend to burn through AP pots quite a lot during a session of 2 or 3 hours group play)
Ybilla WP / Valrelen DoK

Not Good Enough / NGE

Omegus

Post#3 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:12 pm

All 3 builds you listed are viable. Regarding 6 Sov 3 Tri, the main reason for it is for the +2 Mastery that then lets you take all of the toys:

RoR.builders - Zealot with 1 point spare for your choosing

Or, if you are being forced to run the tri-path spec to give your group more AP then the +2 mastery helps mitigate having to spread your points over 3 paths:

RoR.builders - Zealot

If you have no need for the +2 mastery then there isn't really any need to run 6pc Sov. Don't look at the +2 boosting Alchemy healing or Dark Rites healing specifically, as it just means you have 2 automatic points in the path. It might mean that you can now dump more points into other paths instead.

The "DPS" Sov set is also good for healing Zealots up to 6pc, as you convert all of the static bonuses from intel/magic crit to willpower/healing crit and the +2 to Dark Rites is still useful. However, the key is the 4pc bonus which reduces your chance of being disrupted by 6% which makes it more likely that you will succeed in casting silences and staggers on key targets.

The 4 Tri and 6 Tri builds are based on good set bonuses and having the ring. The 3 Tri build does not care about the set bonuses and it's just 3 pieces to fill in the gaps of the 6 Sov pieces, so as an intermediate step 6 Sov 3 Sent isn't that much different and was the main way of speccing until the Triumphant could be bought with crests.

Regarding the cast time proc: Ritual of Lunacy has 6 chances to proc it every 3 seconds (assuming it's healing 6 people), and your group heal has a further 6 chances to proc it. If you are in a situation where you really just need to stand still and spam group heal then the proc chance is fantastic. Assuming you're leaving gaps between group heals for AP regen and casting every 3 seconds (same interval as the Ritual pulse), then the overal proc chance is: 1 - (0.95^12) = 0.46, or 46% chance every 3 seconds. 5% chance to proc, 12 proc attempts every 3 seconds.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

ronago

Post#4 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:15 pm

Thanks for the info! While I still don't feel 100% motivated by the cast-heavy playstyle it should be pretty viable, I guess I will go that route!

I was testing today with Vanquisher though, which has the same proc, and I didn't feel the uptime was that high. Especially when used in 3-6 man roaming situations, which englobes most of my playtime, I didn't feel like the uptime was that good. Most situations don't recquire spam grp healing so I didn't get to force the proc as much. I found myself most of the times casting the heal with no proc and then getting the proc with no need to grp heal during the next 5 seconds.

I will keep testing! =)

BluIzLucky

Post#5 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:05 pm

Just to give my two cents, get to 5-7p sov (7p sov also have ap proc, though personally going with sov off) with sent/VW first, then consider if you want to drop another 15k for triumphant or put it on an alt.

6p is pretty good if you like WoI+stagger (very fun for roaming imo), and you can get the armor debuff or AP ritual.

One of the best things about RP/ZL is how cheap they are to "complete", so you can do alts, dropping 10k for a ring goes a bit against that
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Omegus

Post#6 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:05 pm

ronago wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:15 pm Thanks for the info! While I still don't feel 100% motivated by the cast-heavy playstyle it should be pretty viable, I guess I will go that route!

I was testing today with Vanquisher though, which has the same proc, and I didn't feel the uptime was that high. Especially when used in 3-6 man roaming situations, which englobes most of my playtime, I didn't feel like the uptime was that good. Most situations don't recquire spam grp healing so I didn't get to force the proc as much. I found myself most of the times casting the heal with no proc and then getting the proc with no need to grp heal during the next 5 seconds.

I will keep testing! =)
If you're roaming in a small group then the cast time proc becomes less useful, but then most of what you're doing is hotting and flashing and there's not much gear that benefits that and it's not particularly AP intensive. The cast time reduction proc comes into its own when you need to pump out a lot of sustained group healing (keep and fort pushes) for an extended period. For small roaming I would lean more towards 5pc DPS Sov for the anti-disrupt to give you a better chance of staggering the healers of enemy roaming 6-mans. The AP-gain from 4 Tri happens on cast rather than on direct heal so you can proc it by casting HoTs as well which is useful.

Detangler

Post#7 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:28 pm

Agreed with Mr. Zomega - 5 piece off sov for disrupt strikethru. Choose pieces from triumphant that have disrupt strikethru as well.

You might notice a slight increase in group healing speed from the cast time proc, but it wont matter a whole lot in the grand scheme of things as its just a fort/door push where numbers matter more. You will absolutely feel it when your stagger is disrupted - something you should minimize as much as possible.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Omegus

Post#8 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:48 pm

Detangler wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:28 pm Agreed with Mr. Zomega - 5 piece off sov for disrupt strikethru. Choose pieces from triumphant that have disrupt strikethru as well.

You might notice a slight increase in group healing speed from the cast time proc, but it wont matter a whole lot in the grand scheme of things as its just a fort/door push where numbers matter more. You will absolutely feel it when your stagger is disrupted - something you should minimize as much as possible.
This is where it starts to get expensive, as it's not the Triumphant set that has anti-disrupt but the Victorious set. 4 Vic does not have the same AP proc as 4 Tri, so you're looking at 20000 crests to get the Triumphant and Victorious ring, or you just miss out on a set bonus and go 5 Sov 3 Vic 1 [insert other slot 3 ring here for talisman].

Vic helmet and gloves both have -3% anti-disrupt so combined with the 5 Sov gives you -12% which makes a significant difference. If you really want to lean into anti-disrupt then you can get another 4% in the slot 1 and 2 jewels (2% in each, Exquisite Gunbad Jet and the Cleansed Fleshborne Emerald from Bastion Stair) to get to -16%. Combine that with toggling on Harbinger to get a load of intel to reduce the disrupt chance when attaching healers and -16% pretty much guarantees staggers on anyone not stacking huge amounts of disrupt via Deft Defender.

It's not a cheap build (who said Zealots were cheap? :D), but if you reaaaaaally want to be optimal for roaming then I would look into getting the most out of the stagger and silence to win fights against other groups. And failing that, staggering someone trying to run away...

Ads
Detangler

Post#9 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:03 am

Omegus wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:48 pm
Detangler wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:28 pm Agreed with Mr. Zomega - 5 piece off sov for disrupt strikethru. Choose pieces from triumphant that have disrupt strikethru as well.

This is where it starts to get expensive, as it's not the Triumphant set that has anti-disrupt but the Victorious set. 4 Vic does not have the same AP proc as 4 Tri, so you're looking at 20000 crests to get the Triumphant and Victorious ring, or you just miss out on a set bonus and go 5 Sov 3 Vic 1 [insert other slot 3 ring here for talisman].

Vic helmet and gloves both have -3% anti-disrupt so combined with the 5 Sov gives you -12% which makes a significant difference. If you really want to lean into anti-disrupt then you can get another 4% in the slot 1 and 2 jewels (2% in each, Exquisite Gunbad Jet and the Cleansed Fleshborne Emerald from Bastion Stair) to get to -16%. Combine that with toggling on Harbinger to get a load of intel to reduce the disrupt chance when attaching healers and -16% pretty much guarantees staggers on anyone not stacking huge amounts of disrupt via Deft Defender.

It's not a cheap build (who said Zealots were cheap? :D), but if you reaaaaaally want to be optimal for roaming then I would look into getting the most out of the stagger and silence to win fights against other groups. And failing that, staggering someone trying to run away...
I think I meant vic set. Should have looked that up before responding. You could also go for land of the dead for a 3% disrupt strikethru set bonus - much easier to nab and its only a 1% difference. In any case, stacking disrupt strikethru is my preferred setup over all else.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Asderas27

Post#10 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:09 am

ronago wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:27 am Hello everyone!

My zealot is reaching the final push towards RR78 and I'm having doubts regarding end game gear.

From what I've researched in the forums, it's usually a combination of Triumphant and Sovereign. The problem comes with what to wear.

-6 tri 3 sov: This combination gives the least stats and 1% less crit heal (set bonus) but grants you a 5% chance per direct heal or attack to reduce cast time by 25% for 5 seconds. This combination seems quite popular but I don't really know how powerful this proc is. While 25% cast reduction seems potent, a 5% chance to proc and 5 sec duration means that many times it will not be up when you need it (unless it procs with ritual of lunacy, in which case it probable has a quite large uptime). Moreover, I find both the big ST heal and the group heal are situational. At times they are very powerful assets but in other situations I feel I would be better off with just more flat out stats instead of empowered big heals with high chance of setback.

-5 sov 4 tri: I feel like the combinations with more sov will be more to my liking. More stats, less dependance on procs. With this combination you still get the ap proc from tri. Since I don't run with ap tactics (I use the armor on HoT as my fourth tactic) this may be a good choice for ap hungry situations.

-6 sov 3 tri: I really don't know if this combination is even worth it, but it's worth asking at least. Here we loose the ap regen in favor of +2 alchemy, giving us bigger numbers on the instant and casted ST heals. I guess it will not be worth it but maybe somebody has tested it and can give some feedback.

As you may see, I'm guessing it all depends on the effectiveness of the cast reduction proc in the Triumphant set. Could you please give me some feedback in this regard? I've seen zealots run both main triumphant and main sovereign, but I'm still not sure about what path fits me better.

Thanks in advance!!
Follow Cleanharry/Ybilla's advice for healer gear setup. Ignore all other randoms ty.
If you plan on playing your healer seriously, triumphant is the way to go.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard