Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 29/05/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
malmar

Re: Patch Notes 29/05/2023

Post#51 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:46 pm

i said war tokens are not useful even for people gearing up. talisman box is just to lure geared players into helping others with dungeon runs.
ofc, giving feedback like that makes old grumpy players frowny face and saaaaad :)

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#52 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:57 pm

malmar wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:46 pm i said war tokens are not useful even for people gearing up. talisman box is just to lure geared players into helping others with dungeon runs.
ofc, giving feedback like that makes old grumpy players frowny face and saaaaad :)
Geared players should be helping out for the sake of getting newer players into better gear. It's part of the job! Never forget... MMO's are a second job. A life long commitment. You said your vows when you created a character, no backing out on them now. You're stuck here forever. :)

I'm sure war tokens are useful for something or they wouldn't be war tokens. They might just not be useful for the thing you want, which might reflect the content they're rewarded for. Truly a tricky conundrum getting the content to reward appropriately for the tier of difficulty they're intended to represent. However, the dungeon weekly, just by virtue of being yet another weekly thing to do is probably enough for some people to do it just for the sake of getting it done. Sometimes you just need a goal in your face every time you log on, nagging you, taunting you into completing it... Like a kid... or a wife... or a job...

Life imitates art which imitates life. We're all stuck in a cruel vicious cycle where the world just refuses to stop turning no matter how many clouds you yell at. Although a fair amount of alcohol will let you step off the ride briefly. That's what I recommend, to adults of drinking age in your local jurisdictions.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

paperclipdog

Post#53 » Wed May 31, 2023 10:51 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:57 pm Sometimes you just need a goal in your face every time you log on, nagging you, taunting you into completing it... Like a kid... or a wife... or a job...
[/size].
I started playing my magus again because of the RvR weekly even though I don't reeeally need anything on it... now I'm also doing the SC weekly again and generally having fun playing it.

Generally speaking, progression is a bit **** up since most people will hit 40, grind PvE for a week and then not get ANY upgrades for 20-30 renown ranks of pure grind. The previous system had you change gear every 10 levels or so. Small rewards are important to motivate players to keep on going and 1 renown point every lvl just doesn't cut it. The weekly RvR event is a tiny remedy for this, allowing for a goal with rewards to be completed every week even if the 100 crests mean very little in the grand scheme of things.

I hate daily's with a passion, but this weekly thing works quite well for me. Now the PvE weekly might just be that tiny bit of motivation someone needs to push them to help out in PvE. Let's be real: "People should just help out because it would be a good thing to do..." is not how a lot of people work, especially over longer periods of time. You need additional reward. This is additional reward, even if it's just the renown potion from doing gunbad for your guild-mate once.

Klod91

Post#54 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:20 am

Still get mail from gold sellers. Maybe you guys could try make it rr10. Rather than lvl based.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#55 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:10 pm

Klod91 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:20 am Still get mail from gold sellers. Maybe you guys could try make it rr10. Rather than lvl based.
Good idea, on RR restriction; could help.

Has it really been an issue though for others?

Am I just that lucky to only see maybe 4 or 5 gold spammers and no ingame mail?

Maybe the gold spammers are asleep NA Primetime!
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#56 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:50 pm

Klod91 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:20 am Still get mail from gold sellers. Maybe you guys could try make it rr10. Rather than lvl based.
There is a crossover point where it begins to severely impact legitimate new players. We are working on additional detection and cleanup processes, this hasn't really ever been a problem before, so new code takes time.

Detangler

Post#57 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:27 pm

I read this patch when it came out and was like "what mail spam gold sellers are you talkin about?" Logged in this morning and got 3 mails advertising cheap gold. I sure hope people don't buy this stuff so these spammers lose interest and go away.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#58 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:38 pm

We've tracked a handful of gold sales so far (he's not very successful), that hammer will come swinging down at the same time once we're confident our tools can suppress further spam. Hopefully people aren't tempted by it in the meantime and this guy can leave.

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#59 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:49 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:38 pm We've tracked a handful of gold sales so far (he's not very successful), that hammer will come swinging down at the same time once we're confident our tools can suppress further spam. Hopefully people aren't tempted by it in the meantime and this guy can leave.
how can these guys even have gold? if they sold to anyone by now, you would be able to track huge round amount of gold goin from player x(character that farmed gold)>player y(front character that gets banned for selling gold)> player z(buyer of gold)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#60 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:04 pm

rejndjer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:49 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:38 pm We've tracked a handful of gold sales so far (he's not very successful), that hammer will come swinging down at the same time once we're confident our tools can suppress further spam. Hopefully people aren't tempted by it in the meantime and this guy can leave.
how can these guys even have gold? if they sold to anyone by now, you would be able to track huge round amount of gold goin from player x(character that farmed gold)>player y(front character that gets banned for selling gold)> player z(buyer of gold)
I'm not good at math, but we have our ways.