Recent Topics

Ads

SM's Blade enchant.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
PROsiak

SM's Blade enchant.

Post#1 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:48 pm

Hey.
So i started leveling my SM recently, now that i got rank 25 i got access to all 3 of my blade enchants.
Which one is the best one for standard SnB SM?
I thought Heaven;s Blade could be very nice, as i heard the armor stacks with any other armor boosts and if there is no kotbs extra res is nice, but from what i've noticed most of the time i barerly keep even 1 instance of the buff active. Is it really that bad? Do i need to use more aoe abilities? What are ur thoughts of these enchants

Ads
diedrake

Re: SM's Blade enchant.

Post#2 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:57 pm

From the experience I had with the SM ( couple years ago now but I am sure not much has changed) stat steal was default. It proc'ed a lot and any debuff on enemy is helpful. Remember being a tank is protecting your squishbots and hindering the enemy as much as possible.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

BluIzLucky

Post#3 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:10 pm

Nature's Blade (stat steal) is the most useful in organised content, carried by it's chance to steal 124 (or 75 as SnB) Initiative and making lots of Enchantment buffs to protect important things like Slayer Rampage AND debuffs from removals.

Phantom Blade (heal) is great for pugs or when healers need extra support, note that if you don't have a wounds buff (e.g. from a WP) this will add to total health. Can be potent when mixed with the 2 heal tactics and PoH absorb.

Heavens Blade unreliable and doesn't stack. Nerfed hard from live. Take it off your hotbar.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

anarchypark

Post#4 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:15 pm

Heaven's Blade activate when u get hit.
You have to actively seeking to get dmg.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

geezereur

Post#5 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:35 pm

I wish Swordmasters got the old blade enchantments back like the bubble and res debuff that stacked.

PROsiak

Post#6 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:15 am

anarchypark wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:15 pm Heaven's Blade activate when u get hit.
The problem is i think it's quite the opposite, it procs on your hits with 25% chance to trigger. From my limited experience with SM i found it really underwhelming - maybe if it was just 2 buffs - armor and all res, but since it's armor and resistances are separated, it's almost impossible to keep all buffs on your party active - and i only tested in scenarios - in rvr it will be even worse, especially in keep sieges etc.

geezereur wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:35 pm I wish Swordmasters got the old blade enchantments back like the bubble and res debuff that stacked.
I do not know anything about old enchantments, but right now from what i've noticed on SnB tank the choice is either useless Heaven's Blade, fluff healing from Phantom's Blade or the weakest version of Nature's Blade to, as BluIzLucky mentioned, cover the other important buffs (although some stats like ini can be helpful). Definitely not the strongest mechanic, but hey, better this than nothing :D

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:17 am

PROsiak wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:15 am
anarchypark wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:15 pm Heaven's Blade activate when u get hit.
The problem is i think it's quite the opposite, it procs on your hits with 25% chance to trigger. From my limited experience with SM i found it really underwhelming - maybe if it was just 2 buffs - armor and all res, but since it's armor and resistances are separated, it's almost impossible to keep all buffs on your party active - and i only tested in scenarios - in rvr it will be even worse, especially in keep sieges etc.

geezereur wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:35 pm I wish Swordmasters got the old blade enchantments back like the bubble and res debuff that stacked.
I do not know anything about old enchantments, but right now from what i've noticed on SnB tank the choice is either useless Heaven's Blade, fluff healing from Phantom's Blade or the weakest version of Nature's Blade to, as BluIzLucky mentioned, cover the other important buffs (although some stats like ini can be helpful). Definitely not the strongest mechanic, but hey, better this than nothing :D
Nature's Blade is best because lots of stats and great cover for buffs like rampage or self-ress because Natures blades buffs can be shattered one by one. But Old Phantom's Blade was my favourite " All your melee attacks have 25% Chance to activate shield that absorbs 325 dmg " And Heaven's Blade used to work like " All your melee attacks have 25% chance to reduce all Resistances by 157 " And this stacked with Wrath Of Hoeth making it VERY NICE. Basically 0 % Spirit resis left after double debuffs, loved Roaming with my Dps WP and 2H SM <3 Made Divine Assault hit and therefore heal like a truck! Guilty Soul as well and obviously Wrath Prayer. These powerful things need to be brought back.

It goes both ways though so if double stacking is brought back(DO IT) double buffing like Armour potion and armour buff proc stacked + these stacked to third degree with RP/ZE 1600 armour buff tactic. So 660 armour potion + 800 armour buff proc + 1600 armour tactic buff stacked to about 3xtra 3k Armour=) but Double Armour debuffs worked as well. For example on my Marauder back when their crit dmg tactic was 10-90% increase depending on your health. I used wpn with 800 armour debuff proc and that stacked with Cutting claw 1600 armour debuff = 2400.

"The GCD on both AoR and RoR is 1.15 seconds. We know this is the case because the client allows abilities to be used 1.15s into the displayed 1.5s GCD as long as you get your timing right. If you invoke the ability too early, it will be blocked until the 1.5s GCD is up.

We previously had the server enforce the 1.5s GCD hard, and it resulted in client casts being cancelled."-Aza <3

That meant you had a choice to use skill precisely at 1.15s you could but you didnt get AP regen in between. And you couldnt spam because if any key is pressed before 1.15s is up then its forced 1.5s GCD. you had to actually practice the timing alot (except with nerfed buttons and this is where you got insane advantage because you could make NB use skills at 1.15s and it wouldnt make mistakes which lead to people thinking NB Ignores GCD when all attacks are launched every 1.15s and its NB doing it so no failings on timing ever made huge difference. 035s GCD difference is A BIG ONE. And this choice is removed In RoR as well;(
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Fenris78

Post#8 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:02 am

I wish Heaven's Blade was mirrored with BO's version, which doesnt need to actually hit backline casters to proc useful resist buff...

Nature's Blade is actually the best you can get (as previously stated), but Phantom blade is somehow okay, despite getting a too long buff (you need to wait 10s before being able to heal your allies again), and it doesnt stack with WP wound buff...

Phantom balde only shine when you want max contribution in keeps/Forts/Cities ; just use is with bolstering enchantments tactic, Blessing of Hoeth, hit people with Blurring Shock, and enjoy your gold bag drops :p

Ads