Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 16/06/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
nebelwerfer

Re: Patch Notes 16/06/2023

Post#41 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:28 am

The biggest thing that can be done to ease the fight against blobs is to have a new look at the rather extreme 30 second immunity to cc.

So often people get mega frustrated by people using aoe punts, i think it has led to a culture of shaming/flaming where cc like that is very underused.

And/or change certain cc abilities to not deal damage for example via tactics like quake, heaven's fury and landmine so that these can be used on top or in proximity of eachother without cancelling eachother out.

Another thing that could be done is to make morale abilities that have a CC component stronger, maybe these should ignore immunites so they are dependable.

Giving the playerbase a higher skillceiling and tools they can practice and depend on will hopefully make them develop new strategies other than bombing + basic movements.

Furthermore, ressing should be looked at, mounting in combat should be looked at, both these things contribute to zerging being a viable strategy.

Ads
Kpi

Post#42 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:24 am

Akalukz wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:03 am Why is one side allowed to tell the other side they can't play simply by not showing up?
U want fair play and fair fights or only want kill without any merit? :)
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Sulorie

Post#43 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:34 am

Kpi wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:24 am
Akalukz wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:03 am Why is one side allowed to tell the other side they can't play simply by not showing up?
U want fair play and fair fights or only want kill without any merit? :)
If only people could xrealm, when their side in lotd is full...
Dying is no option.

Akalukz

Post#44 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:22 pm

If you want to see what making things "fair play and fair fights" do to the game Come play during US evenings. Just worried about making the game less and less viable during off peak hours.
-= Agony =-

Kpi

Post#45 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:35 pm

Akalukz wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:22 pm If you want to see what making things "fair play and fair fights" do to the game Come play during US evenings. Just worried about making the game less and less viable during off peak hours.
This is another threat what must be solved, But this patch fix a but LOTD, so this is the right way.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Sinisterror

Post#46 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:07 pm

This started happening before this patch but it's concerning so if anyone has answer pls tell me. But Channeled Melee attacks like Rend Soul/Divine Assault break MUCH more easily than before, they break now like if enemy is 10ft away and they never worked like this in Aor. RoR had it right for long time, if it's not supposed to happen or is it changed purposefuly?
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Akalukz

Post#47 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:14 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:07 pm This started happening before this patch but it's concerning so if anyone has answer pls tell me. But Channeled Melee attacks like Rend Soul/Divine Assault break MUCH more easily than before, they break now like if enemy is 10ft away and they never worked like this in Aor. RoR had it right for long time, if it's not supposed to happen or is it changed purposefuly?
NB is back, so they are getting interrupted more and more. So, the past several months they weren't being interrupted, but now it is back and more rampant.
-= Agony =-

geezereur

Post#48 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:09 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:07 pm This started happening before this patch but it's concerning so if anyone has answer pls tell me. But Channeled Melee attacks like Rend Soul/Divine Assault break MUCH more easily than before, they break now like if enemy is 10ft away and they never worked like this in Aor. RoR had it right for long time, if it's not supposed to happen or is it changed purposefuly?
This is exactly what I have experience also since I just lvl up a melee dok and melee wp.
The enemy can move away 5-10ft then the channel breaks it really sucks.
And its not getting interupted by a taunt or something since I was fighting different classes that have no access to something like that.

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#49 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:18 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:04 am
Phantasm wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:17 pm
CyunUnderis wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:34 am What will happen if one faction decide to boycott the event ? Or during NA event, when there isn't that much players ?
Huge map scenario?
I hope that change will allow longer and more balanced fights in Lotd and eventually same system will be spead to forts.
Technically, if I understand the patch properly, if one faction doesn't want to join AT ALL (and we can find some reasons like why join when the rewards are meh or when your faction will face bigger organised WBs or will not play LotD properly and get farmed, ...), the other faction will not be able to do/join LotD, except 6 players. Is it normal or wanted ? What if better rewards are added ? One faction can block the other faction to play LotD and access/play for the new rewards ?
It allows a minimum of 25% of the max slots on each side. Seems that was missing from patch note. But it would allow ~50 players minimum even if the other side isn't showing up at all.
Source Developer

Kpi

Post#50 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:17 am

I didnt see nothing... i'm being interrupted all the time with GTCD as usual, but nothing exceptional
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+