Recent Topics

Ads

BG s/b ?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BluIzLucky

Re: BG s/b ?

Post#11 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:35 pm

For RvR keep/fort sieges: R60 - Siege Lord Black Guard

One of the few M4s that is better than default one.
All defs tools for turtle boi.
Enraged Beating for quick hate generation.

Vri's build is also great for rvr if you are not sieging much.

And this in SC:
R70 - SnB Choker Black Guard
2xAP drain
Outgoing heal debuff
Extended debuff durations
Enraged Beating (fury+lil support dps)
AoE Slow
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Zxul

Post#12 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:15 pm

Parry seems to be over appreciated for some reason, with all the slayers around.

While from other hand, Malekith's Bulwark seems to be under appreciated, with all the order casters around.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

zulnam

Post#13 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:26 pm

Detangler wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:37 am Except for the super elite tryhards, people wont really care whether you go s/b or 2h - they'll just be happy with any tank that stays within guard range.
That is 100% correct. The most important abilities a shield tank has are universal to all tanks. Everything else is just the icing on the top.

Which is very fortunate for you because 1h BG has almost zero icing on the top.

Elite Training is the only group abilit you have specific to BG, which roughly equals to an AP potion every 30 seconds, but it is situational (on Parry and Disrupt group gets AP, 4 stacks). So if you are chasing down a retreating enemy, or have just been punted tough tetten.

Force of Fury used to be good for guarding important DPS players in a group but it was modified a long time ago to reduce crit and damage, instead of purely damage; this actually made it less relevant since the damange reduction modifier (at top hatred) was modified from 15% to 6%.

Hope this helped.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

BluIzLucky

Post#14 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:52 pm

zulnam wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:26 pm
Force of Fury used to be good for guarding important DPS players in a group but it was modified a long time ago to reduce crit and damage, instead of purely damage; this actually made it less relevant since the damange reduction modifier (at top hatred) was modified from 15% to 6%.
And the armor buff stopped stacking with potions/abilities.
And the crit reduction part was heavily nerfed too.

It's still decent but not class defining for sure.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Rapzel

Post#15 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:03 am

Zxul wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:15 pm Parry seems to be over appreciated for some reason, with all the slayers around.

While from other hand, Malekith's Bulwark seems to be under appreciated, with all the order casters around.
Maybe because there's 11 other careers who's Inc damage on your guard you may wish to parry or block?

Bulwark does not affect incoming guard damage.

What do you suggest instead? That people ignore all avoidance and go for pure stats?

Cyrylius

Post#16 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:17 am

Malekith bulwark also reduces incoming healing by 15%. So unless more than 60% of damage you take is magical it's actually detrimental to the class. And very rarely it happens that you face so skewed order comps.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Sinisterror

Post#17 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:09 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:52 pm
zulnam wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:26 pm
And the armor buff stopped stacking with potions/abilities.
And the crit reduction part was heavily nerfed too.

It's still decent but not class defining for sure.
Problem with these nerfs to super good abilities that have existed forever, when you do that to too many abilities(and they have) its like removing uniqueness/fun layer by layer until there is not that much of it left:E BG getting 2h Kd was a mistake when they have the only 5 sec Kd in the game along with longest punt in the game.

It is a RoR thing that added to chosen/kotbs punt tactic that you need 2h for 50% faster cooldown? im 95% sure that longer punt tactic added 50% faster cooldown no matter if 2h or shield.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

TrainInVain

Post#18 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:54 pm

I don't think you can go wrong with any tank in this game. To me the player is more important than class or 2h vs SnB.

IMO chosen is in no way boring. So much happening at once in this game I don't think there is a dull moment assuming relatively even numbered fight. I see just as many people complain about too many buttons on BG.

On my 2H tanks, I carry backup SnB for keep doors and last stage of fort.

Ads
mekal

Post#19 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:20 pm

TrainInVain wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:54 pm I don't think you can go wrong with any tank in this game. To me the player is more important than class or 2h vs SnB.

IMO chosen is in no way boring. So much happening at once in this game I don't think there is a dull moment assuming relatively even numbered fight. I see just as many people complain about too many buttons on BG.

On my 2H tanks, I carry backup SnB for keep doors and last stage of fort.
this is probably the best post ive seen

i have all 3 tanks chosen/knight can get a bit "slow" since you dont have mechanic to focus on but so does every tank since it becomes second nature

the best thing to keep you interested in playing tank is buffhead addon you need to coordinate with dps in skilled 6 mans to a t

GrumpyBeard97

Post#20 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:00 pm

thank you all for the feedback. It has been very helpful.