Recent Topics

Ads

PSA: Queue Ranked Solo!

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hugatsaga

Re: PSA: Queue Ranked Solo!

Post#11 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:54 am

Reivren27 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:57 pm The mode is tedious and doesn't fit the realities of the mechanics of this game. If I want something competitive, I'd rather go play arena in WoW, which is a thousand times better than local ranked.
Agree 100%. Key defensive abilities such as some morales (for instace tank m4, tank m3 & mdps m1) on low cooldown and especially guard turns the whole war 6vs6 into "punt the tank in 5-4-3-2-1" repetitive snoozefest but it is what it is. At least they managed to make tank role relevant in pvp in war which has its pros as well.

And imho it's cool that there is game mode for ranked enjoyers. Rest of the people are not forced to play it and can play the orvr or whatever else they want instead (especially now that you are not forced to play ranked for triumph ring) so there's really no downside. Personally, I'm spoiled by WoW arena nowdays (big playerbase, scene & better mechanics) so I'll probably pass but that being said, best of luck with the ranked, hopefully you get it popping somewhat consistently. Although what CyunUnderis said is very true: go ranked discord so you are on same page than rest of your team and if you are low gear (vanq etc), people will quickly identify that you are squishy and will kill you repeatedly and your teammates will hate you for it so it's better to bring character which is best in slot.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Ads
Caduceus

Post#12 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:30 pm

Not sure why people feel the need to share so much negativity in here. This isn't a discussion thread about what's good and bad about Ranked. It's simply a promotion thread.

Join it if you like, or just ignore the thread if you don't.

Or keep bumping my thread, I guess. That's fine too.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Nameless

Post#13 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:45 pm

Caduceus wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:30 pm Not sure why people feel the need to share so much negativity in here. This isn't a discussion thread about what's good and bad about Ranked. It's simply a promotion thread.

Keep spamming the chats, that make me queu, even played one game will do in future.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Caduceus

Post#14 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:59 pm

Nameless wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:45 pm
Caduceus wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:30 pm Not sure why people feel the need to share so much negativity in here. This isn't a discussion thread about what's good and bad about Ranked. It's simply a promotion thread.

Keep spamming the chats, that make me queu, even played one game will do in future.
Hell yea bro. Hope to see you in a match sometime! ^^
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

ShadowWar

Post#15 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:46 pm

You got me to play. So good on you.

kolybri

Post#16 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:13 am

What's the big problem? If you don't like it, don't queue.
Right now the offseason is perfect. There is no pressure to join a ranked discord and the game's are therefore more wild and unpredictable. I kind of like it, since the outcome is not always a given before you step out.
Quite the contrary to some normal scenarios, in which you see 2 premades on the other side and kind of know that, when you step out, you're dead meat and then it's waiting until the 11 minute mark to .surrender

Is it organized 6v6? No at all.
Is it supposed to be organized? I guess that's up to debate.

When it all comes down, what I like is just another option to do something different.
PvE is not an option for me so I'm left with Scenarious Queues or Orvr in the endgame. That's deciding between two things. Wow, so much variety.
Solo ranked gives me a third option. I like it.

While we are at it, make a queue for 3v3 or 4v4 scenarios! That would be pretty cool.
I'd embrace another thing to do in the endgame. :mrgreen:

SuperStar

Post#17 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:28 am

Here is mey yesterday experience:
I played as a lowbie nobie "dps" AM

Nobody was toxic with me! The opposite was true everybody was kind too me.

I got armor pots coz i forget it, we didnt go on discord but it was great fun, i try to assist as much as possible.

I dont even die once thank to my team, we win some, lose some and we have drafts.

It was a geart fun, a good experience.

I would like suggest this fantastic gamemode to everybody even for newbies, nobies like me, lot of renown quality gameplay (atleast from others) and 20 crest/win

ravezaar

Post#18 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:58 am

Ranked is Lore breaking, undo it and I can que again Devs
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ads
Nameless

Post#19 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:21 am

I agree that mixed groups are abit strange, I have no idea how which stack and which doesn't.
Yesterday the enemy had rp and zealot and I am wondering if rituals stack
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Cyrylius

Post#20 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:25 pm

No zealot/RP abilities stack, as opposed to people on destro/ order if the queue is not mixed realms.
Remember, behind every weirdly designed mechanics and piece of content lies an exploitable version of thereof which had to be changed.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.