Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sinisterror

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#371 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:08 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:45 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:23 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:26 am The position of some skills for shaman/archmage was changed on this server and it actually broke established specs from live server times. It was only ok due to the addition of new tactics and modification of skills you did in ROR.
Since all those changed are being removed, could you at least fix the position of skills in their trees again as a baseline for further balancing changes?
I have the snare puddles in mind, which were originally at 5 pts but got raised to 9 pts for no good reason.
Imo shrug it off/Magical infusion should be core abilities. Then Puddle to 5pts. Dsu/Funnel Essence to 9pts(imo FE shoudnt break on movement either) and 13 pts Fodg/Eov.
Eov/fodg are not healing, they are lifetaps and belong in the lifetap/utility tree and it's a 13pts ability for sure (but if they want to move it to 9pts in right tree I'm not gonna complain).
And should really be more dmg focused and worse unless you gear into dps.

Then move the Silence to core or 13pts OR create a 13pts ability that let's you switch Mechanic stacks or something.
I would be happy with if it was 9pts instead of 13pts skill. And would make more sense to be in lifetap tree but even if it misses it will still heal for 1k+ and in ROR when healing with shaman or am fodg/eov are the first skills im going for but that always means no access to dsu/Fe. But if fodg/eov were 9 pts and silence 13 pts then you could have access to all needed healing tools without need for rr70.

I am with you very hard on that mechanic stack switch skill! super needed, but imo should be core skill ignoring gcd and 30s CD.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
JohnnyWayne

Post#372 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:36 pm

Eov/fodg are not healing, they are lifetaps and belong in the lifetap/utility tree and it's a 13pts ability for sure (but if they want to move it to 9pts in right tree I'm not gonna complain).

Then move the Silence to core or 13pts OR create a 13pts ability that let's you switch Mechanic stacks or something.
Factually wrong, both have a flat heal on them and the healing is not just generated by the damage. Only the damage part is a lifetap. Personally, I'd hope to see a similar mechanic on balance essence, to finally make use of the AMs class mechanic while healing without ww.

what63

Post#373 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:39 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:36 pm

Factually wrong, both have a flat heal on them and the healing is not just generated by the damage. Only the damage part is a lifetap. Personally, I'd hope to see a similar mechanic on balance essence, to finally make use of the AMs class mechanic while healing without ww.
For now. As per the recently added bugfixes here, they're no longer direct heals on PTS.

(Wording is fairly obtuse, but this would be the most likely meaning)

BluIzLucky

Post#374 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:55 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:36 pm
Spoiler:

Factually wrong, both have a flat heal on them and the healing is not just generated by the damage. Only the damage part is a lifetap.
I'm very aware of how it works, it's a "lifetap" because you have to hit an enemy to heal, unlike say your group heal.
And last I checked the dmg part *without tactic* also counts as a heal.
Personally, I'd hope to see a similar mechanic on balance essence, to finally make use of the AMs class mechanic while healing without ww.
You can, just put on int gear.. it's bad enough on EoV (but at least that needs WW), if they did this they might as well remove the mechanic and just give AM/SHMs permanent 40% cast speed/AP reduction as you'll be doing 0 damage anyway.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Fey

Post#375 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:04 am

I'm currently trying an Intelligence based lifetap shaman. It's, underwhelming, but I'm new to the fake dps Shaman.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Bozzax

Post#376 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:29 pm

If anyone have time you can please put Balance essence and I’ll take that on bug tracker since they no longer are cast on move with mechanic

Only EOV and FoG is marked in notes to loose that

Bug Fixes

- Energy of Vaul - No longer procs on direct heal effects.

Balance Changes

- Balanced Mending - Tactic restored: Healing Energy becomes 35% more effective on allies, but 15% less effective on you.

- Khaine’s Touch - removed/replaced by Increased Conductivity

- Increased Conductivity - Your Path of Asuryan abilities are now 15% harder to Block or Disrupt.

- Expanded Control - brought back the tactic to 3 points in Path of Vaul: Reduces the build time of Balance Essence by 0.5 seconds but increases the cost by 10 Action Points.

- Energy of Vaul - Cannot be cast on the move with Tranquility anymore.

- Penetrating Siphon - removed/reverted to Expanded Control

- Golden Aura - Moved to 11 points in Path of Vaul

- Arcing Power - Moved to 7 points in Path of Vaul
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Bozzax

Post#377 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:33 pm

The fact that knight will remove 2 enchantments plus damage per gcd when under wings = rip shaman healer
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

bw10

Post#378 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:35 pm

anyone tried 2h knight on the test server? is it fun?

Ads
normanis

Post#379 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:41 pm

bw10 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:35 pm anyone tried 2h knight on the test server? is it fun?
what is fun? solo ather clases like 1vsX. and are victorious? or ppl still invite u in wb becaus eof guard and buffs, even u hit like wet noodle to snail?
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

fatelvis

Post#380 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:32 am

Question regarding engineers friction burn turned into melee attack: will ballistic skill provide parry strike through for it then?
I guess it will be parried by everyone and his dog otherwise.