Recent Topics

Ads

Enough with Order outnumbering Destro

Let's talk about... everything else
Nickwahh5

Enough with Order outnumbering Destro

Post#1 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:04 pm

A little vent but I don't care what players say. Order has been steamrolling Destro in NA 90% of the time. It's depressing playing Destro even though I absolutely love the faction.

How are devs going to address this?

Ads
Omegus

Re: Enough with Order outnumbering Destro

Post#2 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:45 pm

How do you suggest the devs address bad destro NA players?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Rubius
Developer

Post#3 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:12 pm

Population is generally pretty close from what I've seen during NA evenings (US Central time from about 7 PM - midnight). Some nights Order has more, some nights Destro has more.

One thing that I strongly recommend is finding a guild or a group of friends to play with. Even just a couple people that you roam consistently with is significantly better than running solo or even some pugbands, which can be hit or miss.

MedV

Post#4 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:18 pm

Quick log in now. 7pm Eastern time and destro is wiping the floor with order for the past couple hours.
The King.

Nickwahh5

Post#5 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:56 am

Alright bro I guess I'm crazy.

Is there a pull that Devs can look at? Specifically on which side invades more keeps (not defending) and heading to city sieges. I will put money on Order.

Acidic

Post#6 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:23 am

Nickwahh5 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:56 am Alright bro I guess I'm crazy.

Is there a pull that Devs can look at? Specifically on which side invades more keeps (not defending) and heading to city sieges. I will put money on Order.
You are not , zones and fort takes so lobsided since the balance patches a few years back and nothing been done except smoke blowing where smoke should not go

Last campaign
Order 9 forts Destro 1 , been going on like this forever

Gerggregsson

Post#7 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:57 am

Omegus wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:45 pm How do you suggest the devs address bad destro NA players?
Why do you attack Destro NA players as "bad" when they are outnumbered? How does that make them bad players? Are you a troll?
NA(North American region) are not just Americans, but also Canadians and some Central American countries. Not sure if you have a nonsensical prejudice against peeps from usa or not.

Care to explain why you think Destro NA players are "bad"? What are they doing wrong? What can they improve on as being the underdog when outnumbered?
Some helpful explanations instead of dismissing all NA players as "bad" would actually be helpful.

You're just kicking them while they're down when you say they're "bad" for being MASSIVELY outnumbered in fort and keep rvr.
It's as if your encouraging all Destro NA players to 100% quit and to just reroll order. Does order NA players really want to have a 100% pve experience in the rvr lakes/fort?.

You decide to stereotype/toss all Destro NA players in the mop bucket when there are many great Destro NA players that give an effort in the face of extreme odds against them. EU may be balanced, but the underdog experience for NA Destro is a unique emotional experience.

I'm not saying all Destro players are not "bad". There are some that are, because I have seen them myself.

1. One time in Shadowlands zone which we were defending, I tried making a Destro pug and I was able to get my wb filled to the max, but after we got wiped ONCE, most of them disbanded like the domino effect. Really?.
Just because a pug wb wipes, doesnt mean its over. It's over when the zone is locked, so people shouldn't give up so easily.
When order pug wb wipes, they dont quit. Learn from how order is playing.

2. Attempted to send invites to fellow Destro NA players in a rvr lake to join group.
Most declined. Why?
This is a pvp game, if you want to solo pvp but if your not a WE then you should obviously reroll or consider finding another real 100% solo-only pvp game to play. This is a multiplayer game, work together and you will gain more than you ever could as a solo player.

Most of the "solo" pvp Youtube videos that some newtimers first see about ROR and think "I want to be like THAT!" as their motivation for playing the game as a solo player are unrealistic. These people are not only bis geared but also very experienced to pull off 1v1 stuff like that.
If more NA Destro players were to join small roam groups they would have a better experience than solo where they get ganked and camped over and over again.

As for @OP, it is not depressing to play Destro if you are committed enough. There are times in EU that players play a faction when outnumbered no matter the odds and they still have alot of fun, you can too.

But like @Rubius said, the best thing that can be done besides soloing is joining or make your own pugs or overflow, joining or make your own roam groups w/Discord, or join a Destro guild for more coordinated wb action w/Discord.

There are some Destro NA guilds that actually exist (Big Inc, Krew, etc) that you can join. Don't take my word for it, look in the "Destruction" section of the forum for these guilds and more.

@OP, the fact is that the dev's cannot fix this kind of problem. This is a player population issue. Not a gameplay issue.

Will NA Destro be outnumbered forever? Idk.
But there are things that can be done until then as the underdog to help improve/maximize your rvr experiences:
Join or make your own: pug or overflow pugs, small roam groups, and consider joining a real NA Destro guild to get the most out of this game.
Last edited by Gerggregsson on Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nickwahh5

Post#8 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:18 am

Destro only won 6 forts since 2022? Someone please tell me this is a joke.

Ads
Gerggregsson

Post#9 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:34 am

Nickwahh5 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:18 am Destro only won 6 forts since 2022? Someone please tell me this is a joke.
DirkDaring wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:49 pm Yep last night I logged on at 1100pm CST just to see what was going on, since I had been off for 4 hours. Order was in stage 2 of Fell Landing Fort, there were 94 Order vs 13 dest, and they were in Chaos Wastes as well, prepping CW for next PvDoor zone lock. I logged back off, and went back to watching tv.

Since Nov 2022 Dest has sieged Altdorf 6 times, out of a possible 90 + city Sieges, due to PvE fort locks, every night when no dest are on. The system needs to be reworked, as at the moment, all it does is promote PVE to progress the campaign with scheduled 3 day city siege, based on Fort wins, from Pve zone locks.

Maybe change t where if there are no defenders, or not a set amount of defenders, the fort capture doesn't count towards the city siege total count. you can still get your PVE bag , just not move the campaign to city siege, based on who took the most forts, as all it does is promote pvE forts,
viewtopic.php?p=540645#p540645

6 cities actually..

JohnnyWayne

Post#10 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:40 am

Thats fake news and is not what it says there. It says, altdorf was sieged 6 times, not that destro won 6 cities. They won way more overall cities than 6 and even way more city instances. A year ago we had the same situation just with destro sieging altdorf non stop. No balance changes were made since then.
Pretty much all fort wins for order come from NA prime time and if numbers are equal on those, destro is lacking NA guilds to counter formosa and jempire.