Recent Topics

Ads

100 to 0 too quickly?

Let's talk about... everything else
PolloJack

100 to 0 too quickly?

Post#1 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:03 am

Aight I am an engineer and I noticed I would die stupid fast when I was around lvl 30 in SC.

Simple I am ranged DPS I am probably just squishy. I'll work on my positioning.

Sure enough, not getting DPSd got me in top 1-3 dmg / dbs in SC.

However, I am now 40 and noticing not only do enemy ranged DPS not die as fast as myself but also I die even faster. Some tanks never drop below 99%. I appear to be three shot in melee or a breath of purple lazer into a dirt nap.

I am running ruiners set with the RR jewel set and some redeye PvE weapons. I assume, like most MMOs, I need better gear but my question is can I get this better gear in a day or two of grinding?

Like, if it's another unlock this set of armor you didn't know existed and serves no purpose to you anymore multiple times again I'd rather uninstall. I have maybe a week playtime so no harm. No disrespect to your game I just don't care for the time commitment.

Ads
Derpy

Re: 100 to 0 too quickly?

Post#2 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:10 am

Youre not getting bolstered anymore after hitting 40 and youre fighting against people higher RR and way way better equipped than you.

Jump from 39 to 40 is quite rough in this game.

Go trough the gear grind with your current toon, reroll another toon to have fun again with bolstered stats before hitting 40 or just uninstall. Those are your options.

Avernus

Post#3 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:45 am

PolloJack wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:03 am 1. I am running ruiners set with the RR jewel set and some redeye PvE weapons.
2. I assume, like most MMOs, I need better gear but my question is can I get this better gear in a day or two of grinding?
1. You are around 6k hp or something like that? Keep in mind, somewhat okay hp starts from 8k, anyone below that threshhold is glass cannon, fresh 40 newbie or a really bad player.

2. Usually, no, because you need full 4 BS (Bastion Stairs) runs (bloodlord weapon IS mandatory, its probably will be bloodlord wrench+fortress rifle in your case) + 4 CnT (Crypts&Tunnels). Maybe 4 HV (Hunter's Vale) runs. And if you didn't do BL (Beast lord) run, you should do this too, its quite easy to do. Atm in theory you CAN do this in 2 days, assuming that you don't have to work or anything, since dungeon's cooldowns are reduced from 18h to 3h.

Overall, farming all this sets will allow you to be decent and start lvling while being decent as dps (assumin you mixed your sets/talismans/build in a correct way). Don't waste your warcrests on PvP sets until you hit sov lvl of gear, the only PvP sets that worth your attenton as dps are sovereign and triumphant.

agemennon675

Post#4 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:02 am

Gear and renown gives you stats, so you are looking at months to get your stats close to bis if not more especially for a class like engineer
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

DirkDaring

Post#5 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:15 am

As others have said once you hit 40 a lot changes, now at least you can do pve to get wards allowing you to equip higher lvl PVP sets, before we had to grind, SC to get SC gear, PVE was only for PVE sets, and all RvR sets were in bags, random drop, and there were no wards, so to wear RvR sets you needed prior RvR set , etc. From what I was told them dumbed down all the pve dungeons mechanics, so even lower skilled players can do them easier, as a lot were having trouble with them.

As a dwarf, you can look at this thread, it lists all Dwarf weapons in game by appearance, and where to get them , A lot of fun, changing the appearance of an ite, to a shotgun, or pistol, blunderbuss etc if an eng .

viewtopic.php?t=21007

PolloJack

Post#6 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:33 am

Thank you for the responses. I like this game but perhaps I'll stick to twink land if I do continue.

taktaal

Post#7 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:08 pm

Engis are also pretty good in midtier, but scale badly after 30, so as other classes keep getting stronger you lag behind, so reaching 40 is worse for them than other classes. This never gets better all the way to 80, and in fact a future patch is likely going to make it even worse (it did on the live server, we're not yet sure if the devs on this server will maybe modify that patch)

Everdin

Post#8 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:58 am

The 100 to 0 issue can be fixed with gear, an engi can be very sturdy.

The damage issue on the other side is different.
In a static fight (keep fights or maybe scenarios with a solid frontline) where you can stay beside your turret with sniper skill you can kill very good, even on your own.
With grenade spec you wont have much fun trying to kill a single target, you are effective in choke points when there are big warband fights (keep deff/fort).
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Akalukz

Post#9 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:44 am

What renown rank are you and how have you spent your renown points? I feel like Vanquisher or Sentinel set is where you can start to stablize. Be sure you are getting good wounds 7.5-8k, 3 x Futile Strike, dodge, disrupt and parry. Dead engineers do no damage. If you are consitently running in a premade group, then you can be a little less defensive.
-= Agony =-

Avernus

Post#10 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:23 am

Akalukz wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:44 am Be sure you are getting good wounds 7.5-8k, 3 x Futile Strike, dodge, disrupt and parry.
Dodge, disrupt and parry? Yeah, it does explain why most of local engies can't kill anything...