Recent Topics

Ads

[Mara] talk regarding the future

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Unionofchaos

Re: [Mara WB] talk regarding the future of warband play

Post#11 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:05 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:33 am 25% armor Pen. tactic is equal to 350 WS... Why are you ever complaining, especially on a class that got the strongest armor debuff of the game ?

WL got same armor debuf, without the luxury of an armor ignore tactic on top...

Reality is that classes with 50% armor penetration tactic were clearly too strong, i.e. stealthers and mara, and didnt required to invest into WS to be effective.

Now every mdps will be with strenghts and weaknesses, without getting a mandatory bred and butter tactic allowing them to overcapitalize on defensive skills, to the point they become both too resilient AND too deadly to ensure good balance.

And about the patch, still keep in mind that those changes are, for a significant part, a starting point before further fine tweaking over this, so it will not stay "like this" forever.

As for armor penetration tactics, I bet my hat they will stay like that, because like I said, 50% armor penetration on one single tactic is way too strong in this game, especially for amount of damage all mDPS can deal.
i dont care about Mara ST target im discussing about WB play so nobody need armor debuff you talk about an abilitie that deal 1K3+ Dmg compare to Demolition and wreaking ball we lose almost 8% and 11% dmg on them cause of this PB debuff and you can see below all %dmg lost on ST abilities number between () are results on armored dummy

Ads
wildwindblows

Re: [Mara] talk regarding the future

Post#12 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:48 am

My impression was good. İt seems 25% additive armor debuff is better than 50% multiplicative one.
İ agree concerns regarding piercing bite but wh/wh also have 25% armor pen for all atacks. This is totally ok because they are using low armor gears.
And yes, Mara always be weakest but at least will be playable after ability rework patch.

Ninjagon

Post#13 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:59 am

Last time I wrote a similar feedback about WL, I got bombed by destro players with their constructive point of view:

WL OP.
Order OP.
Nerf WL. Nerf all Order.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Unionofchaos

Post#14 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:42 am

Ninjagon wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:59 am Last time I wrote a similar feedback about WL, I got bombed by destro players with their constructive point of view:

WL OP.
Order OP.
Nerf WL. Nerf all Order.
I really dont care about those people i'm not a kid, people are free to react and i will take just constructive feedback so =).

Garamore

Post#15 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:13 pm

Remember this isn't the balance patch - this is a stepping stone to that. Lets hope that in that patch they will do something to make all dps on par.

Until then in RvR we will do what we always have done - be an interrupt/kd bot with more survivability but less damage than a choppa. In smallscale ill just play my choppa/we.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Pandastyle

Post#16 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:53 pm

Garamore wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:13 pm Remember this isn't the balance patch - this is a stepping stone to that. Lets hope that in that patch they will do something to make all dps on par.

Until then in RvR we will do what we always have done - be an interrupt/kd bot with more survivability but less damage than a choppa. In smallscale ill just play my choppa/we.
we get some, we lose some. we loose some ST utility with e.g. loosing the flat armour ignore on impale changing to a percantage base which makes it less usefull against low armour targets (cookie cutter build less effective). but for example we gain back the morale drain monstro tactic, which pushes us more into the support dps class niche. and also thounderus blow will be mutated ability so will benefit from pb. So I agree with Gara here. In a WB setting and for some extent in a small grp setting we will play the role of the support dps and the WE/Choppa will do the actual killing
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Tetzou

Post#17 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:17 pm

Did more dmg to a test dummy with my Swordmaster 2h in 6sov 3wl all wounds/armor talis vs my BiS sove Mara. 1k dps vs 700dps. My Wl dish out 1300dps+. In New patch mode ofc.
Top of the line.
Bringing a mara for some serious action is just Plain Dumb. A Bg Will do the needed debuffs , and guard, and prolly more dmg.

Panzer80

Post#18 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:00 am

Wdova wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:57 am
Panzer80 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:44 pm I have played around with an 83% parry, 860 ish WS mara build (mainly for WH's) for about a year now. The results weren't as powerful as one would expect because of the strength sacrifice. Also, when I tested the build the 50% armor pen tactic didn't stack at all (maybe I was capped). I haven't tried it out yet with the patch.
Not even my choppa with 1k weapon skill,full Parry Renown and few + Parry gear has as much Parry as Your marauder. How You managed to get Parry so high?
Sent boots and ring with 6% parry stone. Vict helm, boots and cloak. Warlord Shoulders and chest. Rough gunbad amber jewel, 3% genesis parry jewel, warlord ring (or 3% parry genesis alt ring, the BBBE weapon bc has the most WS and Chaos of light influence weapon with 2% parry. All WS 24 talis, renown max WS and Parry, and WS liniment + Sything Talons Tactic. I think its 82% not 83.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Ads
Unionofchaos

Post#19 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:43 am

Tetzou wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:17 pm Did more dmg to a test dummy with my Swordmaster 2h in 6sov 3wl all wounds/armor talis vs my BiS sove Mara. 1k dps vs 700dps. My Wl dish out 1300dps+. In New patch mode ofc.
Top of the line.
Bringing a mara for some serious action is just Plain Dumb. A Bg Will do the needed debuffs , and guard, and prolly more dmg.
Mara will be needed anyway to combo aoe KD whit channel or Moral / aoe interrupt for Slayers channels and BW channels and a annoying low CD channel. But yeah you wont and on smallscale you are going more than now a debuff but etc.

Garamore

Post#20 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:19 pm

As the earlier poster said - in smallscale other classes can do the debuffs and you're better off with a higher damage dps. This has been the case for mara for a long time. Its a looks like its got a lot to offer but really is just not quite there.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore