Recent Topics

Ads

Melee classes

Let's talk about... everything else
aelic

Melee classes

Post#1 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:01 pm

I am someone who have always found it hard to pick a class to play, so i end up trying most befor making up my mind. Now i have tried in T1 choppa, WE, Dok, WL, BG, mara, WH.
The problem am facing now is after the latest patch most melee classes in T1 just feels realy weak. iv seen ppl calling this as the new "meta" so should i just try some ranged class insted untill things gets balenced or is this how its suppost to be?
Was the changes not as dramatic in T4?
Usaly i dont enjoy ranged classes in mmorpgs so should i just wait a few months and then return if it gets balanced or have i missed something?

I am not sure how to put it but a example of what i mean lets take my WH in a SC, Rank 13. I can burst down others to maby 60%-50% depending if M1 is ready and then my AP is spent and i cant to anything else. I struggle with killing sorcures at rank 5.
Another example is my Choppa rank 13 aswell. same aswell AP starved after very few attacks then you just stand there looking at your enemy with nothing more to give. In several SC you need up to 3 melees to kill a good healer.

I thought about giving more tanks a go but now all Npcs are 4-5x harder to kill and and it will take probobly 1-2hours to get to a point to tell if the class is even intressting or atleast if its mekaniks are fun.

This turned to me mostly whining and that wasent my intent but thinking i had the class i wanted to play ready and now it just feels worse was a big turn off for me and not being that invested in the game yet its hard to put to words what is acually "wrong".
From what i can understand this patch was a big deal for the devs to get done, but are they done now or will there be rebalancing in the short future - or are these problems only for T1?

Ads
agemennon675

Re: Melee classes

Post#2 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:03 pm

aelic wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:01 pm I am someone who have always found it hard to pick a class to play, so i end up trying most befor making up my mind. Now i have tried in T1 choppa, WE, Dok, WL, BG, mara, WH.
The problem am facing now is after the latest patch most melee classes in T1 just feels realy weak. iv seen ppl calling this as the new "meta" so should i just try some ranged class insted untill things gets balenced or is this how its suppost to be?
Usaly i dont enjoy ranged classes in mmorpgs so should i just wait a few months and then return if it gets balanced or have i missed something?

I am not sure how to put it but a example of what i mean lets take my WH in a SC, Rank 13. I can burst down others to maby 60%-50% depending if M1 is ready and then my AP is spent and i cant to anything else. I struggle with killing sorcures at rank 5.
Another example is my Choppa rank 13 aswell. same aswell AP starved after very few attacks then you just stand there looking at your enemy with nothing more to give. In several SC you need up to 3 melees to kill a good healer.

I thought about giving more tanks a go but now all Npcs are 4-5x harder to kill and and it will take probobly 1-2hours to get to a point to tell if the class is even intressting or atleast if its mekaniks are fun.

This turned to me mostly whining and that wasent my intent but thinking i had the class i wanted to play ready and now it just feels worse was a big turn off for me and not being that invested in the game yet its hard to put to words what is acually "wrong".
From what i can understand this patch was a big deal for the devs to get done, but are they done now or will there be rebalancing in the short future - or are these problems only for T1?
Ranged classes are also AP starved because of the big ap pool and ap regen changes few patches back, also ranged classes like engi magus SW got nerfed so much more than other melee classes this patch so I advise you to stick with melee
Last edited by agemennon675 on Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

warlover

Re: Melee classes

Post#3 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:29 am

aelic wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:01 pm I am someone who have always found it hard to pick a class to play, so i end up trying most befor making up my mind. Now i have tried in T1 choppa, WE, Dok, WL, BG, mara, WH.

The balancing patches have not been done yet