Recent Topics

Ads

Where do we go from here?

Let's talk about... everything else
Bozzax

Where do we go from here?

Post#1 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:27 pm

So devs now we have a new ability core and a new state. May I ask what happens next?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
cairlaith

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post#2 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:37 pm

Bozzax wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:27 pm So devs now we have a new ability core and a new state. May I ask what happens next?
I don't want to be rude, but after the latest updates, I'm wondering the answer to this question too... I say for myself that White Lion is unplayable (I can't say I fully understand the new system, maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't blame anyone), so I started playing Heal AM, but Shamans are causing trouble for us everywhere. Moreover, there is a Red Glow effect that makes no sense for healers and makes the game unplayable. I think we should be patient and see what happens.
Boxmoney
Socksfunny
Bugstanny
Bowen
Idel

Bozzax

Post#3 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:39 pm

Thanks for your opinion but I really would like to hear from devs... what is the game plan
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Nameless

Post#4 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:40 pm

This game veraion is kina full with bugs. So the main activity now is bug fixing. Obv the patch reverted many fixes that were made on the old version and now devs got a lot of work to achiecve the stability we got from last version
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Bozzax

Post#5 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:46 pm

Thanks, I guess that and some time off after releasing the change. I am still curious to what happens next from Devs tho

Omegus

Post#6 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:58 pm

Devs have already said the actual balance patches and reworks are being worked on. What we have right now was always intended to be a stop gap to get the new code up and running. Tanks were said to be first, then healers.

Go read some older posts.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Bozzax

Post#7 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:33 pm

Thanks for the great tip Omegus but I'd much rather hear it directly from them if it possible and where they see next steps if any has changed etc well if possible ofc

Shima

Post#8 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:12 pm

I really don't know, but I don't expect any good with these changes.
White Lion died by hands that don't understand the class. Because it wasn't only absurdely nerffed, but got even broker than before. Lion pet is just losted, it doesn't attack the target mostly of the time. Speed training is broken, doesn't work and when it works, the lion runs to the opposite side of the target!
Also, every mob on pve became a champion, it's terrible fo farm ingredients, rvr became boring with stronger keeps, renown points got nerffed in the last hotfix.
Man, we are in 2023, not in 2008 anymore. Games are dynamic now! It's a P.I.T.A having to expent 6 months on a char to take it to full sov 80! Also i don't have 12 hours a day to play RoR! A char should be 80 full sov in the max 3 months!

Ads
Rotgut

Post#9 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:13 pm

viewtopic.php?t=51520

This was posted back in August but if you weren't playing at the time, then yeah its easy to miss.

"Our goal is to have the first of several balance patches ready within approximately a month or two after the initial ability system release." So this last patch was just a Lets Fix The Code patch. Balance patches will be coming soon™.

So far the only meta decision they were explicit about was giving every tank a single target punt. Which i don't agree with, but its good that the devs told us about it and we can discuss it.

Every other balance decision is still either a secret or just confusing. WLs, for example, lost their M2 because "it lacked a clear animation" - which is fine, but its a meta altering decision that was made without considering balance.

nat3s

Post#10 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:50 pm

wondering the same, we need some balance passes fairly promptly to understand the vision as the current state of the game doesn't feel right.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG