Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Gier

Re: [WL] Pet getting worse and worse

Post#11 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:05 pm

Gladiolix wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:20 am Pet AI being completely broken is very much true to SH too. rSH is playable with his pet being ranged (lots of resummons though as the pet just vanishes after and during fights), but with mSH the pet must be resummoned after pretty much every kill, he hits the wrong targets, doesn't obey commands and the pathing sucks so much that anyone who kites you, the pet cant harm them.
Ya it's a little disingenuous to say that this issue effects both classes equally, WL's solo spec requires our pet being alive and next to us in melee to do the damage. Without the pet we can't hit the abilities or even benefit from a lot of our tactics. A melee SH only has one or two spells that aren't essential to their damage. Also as you pointed out ranged is much easier to keep the pets alive and out of harms way. Not even to mention pets just getting blendered in WB content. I will say I do believe both classes should demand working pets and they should both be able to rely on them is the right call, but to say they suffer both the same isn't right.

Ads
Shima

Post#12 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:27 am

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:10 am
Shima wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:55 am White Lion is a dead class right now. I know we still able to play with it but, comparing with other dps melee classes, it became the worst. To join this disgraceful decision, lion pet is totally broken. I have to keep my pet on passive and give the command to attack now and get back or it will stay stuck where the enemy died. When enemy runs away, the pet keep following it and get despawned by the distance, doesn't matter how many times i call it back! Also, pet has the terrible behavior to despawn without reason, what is almost a death sentence for WL.
I assume Loyalpet + PetAssist addons are now broken as well ?
LP is a big sh*t. It never worked as intended and made things worse when I used it. Plus all the problems I said before, it forced lion to use it's aoe abilities (I used to run trained to hunt most of the time) out of the combat, if I mounted up, charged, etc.

Gladiolix

Post#13 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:51 am

Gier wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:05 pm
Gladiolix wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:20 am Pet AI being completely broken is very much true to SH too. rSH is playable with his pet being ranged (lots of resummons though as the pet just vanishes after and during fights), but with mSH the pet must be resummoned after pretty much every kill, he hits the wrong targets, doesn't obey commands and the pathing sucks so much that anyone who kites you, the pet cant harm them.
Ya it's a little disingenuous to say that this issue effects both classes equally, WL's solo spec requires our pet being alive and next to us in melee to do the damage. Without the pet we can't hit the abilities or even benefit from a lot of our tactics. A melee SH only has one or two spells that aren't essential to their damage. Also as you pointed out ranged is much easier to keep the pets alive and out of harms way. Not even to mention pets just getting blendered in WB content. I will say I do believe both classes should demand working pets and they should both be able to rely on them is the right call, but to say they suffer both the same isn't right.
A little disingenuous to put words in my mouth I haven't said, don't you think? Only thing I said is how broken pet AI in general is, using SH as my point of reference to my examples, since I don't have a WL. I didn't say, nor even imply, anything about who suffers more about broken pet, other than agreeing rSH has it little better for obvious reasons. Just for the record, yes, WL suffers way more from broken pet AI than SH in any spec.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Gier

Post#14 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:20 pm

Gladiolix wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:51 am
Gier wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:05 pm
A little disingenuous to put words in my mouth I haven't said, don't you think? Only thing I said is how broken pet AI in general is, using SH as my point of reference to my examples, since I don't have a WL. I didn't say, nor even imply, anything about who suffers more about broken pet, other than agreeing rSH has it little better for obvious reasons. Just for the record, yes, WL suffers way more from broken pet AI than SH in any spec.
Maybe it was of me to say as much but lets be honest. It's not like these forums aren't filled of one faction or the other trying to address and issue before the opposite come in and try to derail it because of some personal interest. So sorry for the response. However I do believe we both agree that it would benefit both classes to see this issue fixed.

Stinkyweed

Post#15 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:42 pm

For SH (yes I understand the difference), I've turn my pet to passive, using LoyalPet again, and oftentimes spam "heel" to keep the thing close to me. If pet is on defend or aggressive, it almost always just wanders off into glitchworld.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

normanis

Post#16 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:32 pm

i can confirm wl pets go wild. shakiras pet yesterday stand in praag and dont disapear.
also pets abilities dont work auto. u need manually press tham.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Shima

Post#17 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:34 am

Everdin wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:13 am
Of course the pet issue isn't just a lion thing, but a squigherder without pet is still reliable, a lion without pet is a joke (a bad one).

And at least he has the option of a range pet that make petplay a little bit more stable.
Exactly! And SH has more pet options, it can just explode pet and insta summon other. WL has only one pet and when it's dismissed for X reason it has a cd of 15 secs. In this time, WL is vunerable.

Sabertooth

Post#18 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:55 pm

Is there a path I can take now with the White Lion? Maybe without a pet?

Ads
Ashoris

Post#19 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:15 pm

Sabertooth wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:55 pm Is there a path I can take now with the White Lion? Maybe without a pet?
not really - class is pet dependant

without pet you gut your dmg and the little utility you have
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Shima

Post#20 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:29 pm

Sabertooth wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:55 pm Is there a path I can take now with the White Lion? Maybe without a pet?
After the nerf, loner is too weak, you won't kill anything, nor wbs want a class without aoe cc like marauders or msh, they prefer slayers and bw that cause much more damage. As solo, loner is just a joke.

The best thing you do with WL is put it to rest until a class rework in a unknown future. If the idea of rework ever exist.