Recent Topics

Ads

Snipe-engibitz!

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Pahakukka

Re: Snipe-engibitz!

Post#21 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:04 pm

Im often called for lack of kiting, and have no excuses other than im very clumsy. The video tho is not 100%valid anymore since snare gets parried a lot, mine gets dodged a lot and u cant throw stuff while moving other than hipshot and few dots. Anything with Any cast Time is basically out of question.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Ads
Pahakukka

Post#22 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:06 pm

Gladiolix wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:04 am That Talabec mounted tunnel jump :D
Thank you! Was waiting for someone to notice! Best Part of The Clip!
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

Scottx125

Post#23 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:21 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:29 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:28 pm
lumpi33 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:55 am
Define best. For maximum damage as sniper a high WS build is best. You want to have coordinated fire as well for the 15% damage boost. And you want quick casts. For this his build is pretty awesome.

With the stats of your build, 45% crit and 62% armor pen, which is a HUGE commitment in WS and having keg it looks to me that you are missing something important. Like coordinated fire in your build.
Already have that tactic. CF, oiled machine for ORvR, 120BS/WS tactic and Tracer Rounds. If you're more static drop the fast turret deploy for the rifle DMG proc in potr. Your rotation changes too based on what you're doing. You can't really timestamp outside keeps well so you do your dots, FF, hip shot then snipe as a finisher. Otherwise you open with dots, snipe,FF etc. But your turret is a must, it gives you 15% crit + it debuffs your target and does good damage.
I don't believe you. It's impossible to have all that stuff you are saying all at once. With 62% armor pen you are full into WS and can't cap bs without using 160BS and/or 120BS/WS. Then you don't have CF or well oiled machine or quick reloader.

Engi is very limited with the sets. You have to go 5 sov to get the 6% armor pen and 5% crit. Then you have 3 pieces left, 4 with triumph ring which doesn't give WS as set bonus. You gotta take a 3 piece set with WS and then you are low on BS. Or you are going 5+2+2 but then you don't have that armor pen. To have 62% armor pen like you say you need to put everything into WS and armor pen. That limits the other options. Going all in on BS and WS means that you have almost no tough and wounds and very low FS.

You are saying that you have 1050 BS, 62% armor pen, 45% crit, 8.5k wounds, CF, Well Oiled, 120BS/120WS and TR slotted, some FS and keg. That's not possible. Not even with the top items the OP has.
It's about choosing the right set balance. SoV isn't always BiS. And the trick is, prioritise getting WS and arm pen via gear. Because it's so hard to get it anywhere else. You can get BS easily. 8% of my arm pen is just from Arm pen modifier. Not WS. 1% arm pen == 14WS. Toughness doesn't matter because it's a glass cannon build. CTBC isn't 0 but it's as close as you can get it without sacrificing damage.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Zxul

Post#24 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:40 pm

Pahakukka wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:19 am 1 build which i also want to try is try to Stack rangepower thro warlord and lotd pieces and forget crit and WS completely and try to fight glasscannon dmg thro corporeal dmg with nades,napalm and rod. While debuffing Corp resist. U cannot really detaunt with this build tho as napalm and rod both breaks The detaunt.
Pretty similar to what I use on magus, with middle tree main and 850 int/750 toughness/no crit, works fine.
nocturnalguest wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:13 pm Kiting when? :D

/salute for roaming around on engi. respect for that

But in regards to all this discussion - the great wisdom of succesfully roaming on any RDPS always was brilliant kiting skills. You need ones, no builds/specs or whatever will bring you same succes. In your videos i see it lacking.
Take a look on one awesome dude from old times - Varham. Best solo roam engi videos i seen (live excluded but live is totally different story)
For example this one viewtopic.php?p=347801#p347801. Took me a while with this bloody broken search function in this forum, but i did mange to find those gems. One can check further, Varham filmed alot. Eh, amazing play...

In the end, no "cap BS&700 WS" vs "BS+RP" or "crit" vs "arpen" or other things you guys actively discuss here will help you out if you stand still and didnt learn proper kiting. No balance, itemization, endless discussions of magus superiority, crying for deftard WE nerfs would ever solve this part for you.
That's interesting, considering I'm soloing on rdps without kiting both on live and here just fine, and that the only thing he did in that video is 1v1. Not all that successfully even several times.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

fatelvis

Post#25 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:24 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:13 pm Kiting when? :D
[... ]
In the end, no "cap BS&700 WS" vs "BS+RP" or "crit" vs "arpen" or other things you guys actively discuss here will help you out if you stand still and didnt learn proper kiting. No balance, itemization, endless discussions of magus superiority, crying for deftard WE nerfs would ever solve this part for you.
You are not completely wrong in the sense that initially moving away from your melee target will give you a better chance, but don't expect an engie to stay out of melee range for the complete time of a fight against a capable opponent.
All melee classes you would want to kite have more tools to get to you (fast) than you have tools to keep them permanently at bay or kill them on the move. Except for maybe some tanks, but you won't harm them on the move and they can just walk away. :)
Even more so after the system change and lack of turret buffs. And that's only counting for the fights that don't start in your face anyways.
What works best for me is to move as little as possible, build a deadly fortress of fire, lightning, acid, shrapnels and phosphor dust, trying to kill anything that comes to harm me while having a bunch of nice fresh kegs. B)

nocturnalguest

Post#26 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:55 pm

Pahakukka wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:04 pm Im often called for lack of kiting, and have no excuses other than im very clumsy. The video tho is not 100%valid anymore since snare gets parried a lot, mine gets dodged a lot and u cant throw stuff while moving other than hipshot and few dots. Anything with Any cast Time is basically out of question.
Please dont take it as any kind of offense, it never meant to be so. Its just a friendly advice, i admire what you do and your videos, but i do believe you have plenty of room to improve in this regards and also im strongly convinced it will benefit your gameplay better then you evaluating most optimized gear/build setup. My wild guess - got too used to deftard playstyle you did back in a day :D
In regards to validity of video - art of kiting will never lose its importance. Video is 2019, Dalen claims CoF broke only in 2021, so it supposed to be working as intended there by devs definition (while everyone can clearly see the difference like day&night). But yes, broken CoF we have now adds quite some complexety (=clunkiness), unjustified engi overnerfs with rest of absolutely odd (to put it very mildly) "balancing" done on top aint helping either. Still tho, lots of exceptionally skilled old school roamers are long gone (such nostalgia to see e.g. Jurki in that clip, even Bachata roaming there) so the only one still left fining&mastering his skills is mdpv but if those guys happen to be back and rocking im totally sure they would be still showing amazing kiting skills and filming awesome roaming clips. Despite everything.
Zxul wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:40 pm
That's interesting, considering I'm soloing on rdps without kiting both on live and here just fine, and that the only thing he did in that video is 1v1. Not all that successfully even several times.
Yes, you are special. Im aware. It doesnt mean you are correct and doesnt ensure you are not claiming some wild things (like you usually do imo). Look, i respect your playstyles (no jokes, i really do), but you are radical off meta enjoyer. Your experience usually frustrates alot of people (but it doesnt mean your experience is bad or wrong, its just usually very different then what average joe encounters in game). People alike you are of rare breed and very much required in each game to break those boundaries of meta. However such path is usually incredibly unpleasant. I wouldnt have such resolve to overcome such struggle to deny meta so much. So denial of kiting by you (nor obvious denial of more then 1v1 fights in that video which you clearly didnt properly watch) means pretty much nothing. Yes, just like fatelvis is properly noticing:
fatelvis wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:24 pm You are not completely wrong in the sense that initially moving away from your melee target will give you a better chance, but don't expect an engie to stay out of melee range for the complete time of a fight against a capable opponent.
All melee classes you would want to kite have more tools to get to you (fast) than you have tools to keep them permanently at bay or kill them on the move. Except for maybe some tanks, but you won't harm them on the move and they can just walk away. :)
Even more so after the system change and lack of turret buffs. And that's only counting for the fights that don't start in your face anyways.
What works best for me is to move as little as possible, build a deadly fortress of fire, lightning, acid, shrapnels and phosphor dust, trying to kill anything that comes to harm me while having a bunch of nice fresh kegs. B)
One can deny kiting and still do something. Does it works to an extent (sometimes)? Absolutely! Is it most efficient and optimized way of playing? No, of course not.

Edition in regards to what fatelvis says: engi has enough tools to kite just as other RDPS classes (yes no comfortable snare option is meh, but still very much doable), it cant keep things somewhat permanently at bay like e.g. SW used to, but in grand scheme of things it doesnt matter all that much tbf. Lack of nade turret buff i consider as biggest nerfhammer hit on engi ngl.
In regards to deadly fortress you mention, while in general you always have to move in this game, so it aint optimal playstyle, engi does have options to burst with aoe stuff and that burst if done properly is huge indeed. But if we talk about roaming you should be constantly kiting just as mdpv shows in his BW video and Varham showed on every RDPS he filmed a clip here in RoR. Point

Pahakukka

Post#27 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:29 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:55 pm
Pahakukka wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:04 pm Im often called for lack of kiting, and have no excuses other than im very clumsy. The video tho is not 100%valid anymore since snare gets parried a lot, mine gets dodged a lot and u cant throw stuff while moving other than hipshot and few dots. Anything with Any cast Time is basically out of question.
Please dont take it as any kind of offense, it never meant to be so. Its just a friendly advice, i admire what you do and your videos, but i do believe you have plenty of room to improve in this regards and also im strongly convinced it will benefit your gameplay better then you evaluating most optimized gear/build setup. My wild guess - got too used to deftard playstyle you did back in a day :D
No worries, none taken. Im well aware of My limitations and working on it to step up My game, all feedback is very welcome. You might not Be wrong about The defensive setup either. But se can do both, theorycraft and debate about ultimaten engi snipespec and i Will try to improve my kiting.oddly enough im way better at it with magus than with engi. Maybe magus has Been in havoc spec longer.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

Paxsanarion

Post#28 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:02 pm

I have a RR 60 Engineer which I would love to play more often if I could find a good current build :-) I only have Conq gear so far. Would you be so kind as to link your build from the video and what you spend RR points on and what gear I should aim for? :-)

I should mention this is more general RvR, Pug Warband play....or sniping from outside of warband. Not 1v1 as I am terrible at such things :-)

Ads
lumpi33

Post#29 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:36 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:02 pm I have a RR 60 Engineer which I would love to play more often if I could find a good current build :-) I only have Conq gear so far. Would you be so kind as to link your build from the video and what you spend RR points on and what gear I should aim for? :-)

I should mention this is more general RvR, Pug Warband play....or sniping from outside of warband. Not 1v1 as I am terrible at such things :-)
Id go with sniper and pick lower armor targets. SH, Sorc, Choppa, WE, Magus. All other targets can be really tough for a lowbie sniper engi.

While you don't have good enough armor pen Id build like this: Try mixing sets to get a lot of bonuses. Put only weaponskill talis in. For tactics take: 160 ballistic, fightin chance for more bs/ws, the quick reloader for faster gun blast/snipe and coordinated fire or well oiled if you wanna utilize the gun turret with its armor debuff.

With renown go all in on weaponskill. Rest +crit. You can also try full crit and rest WS. You will be super squishy but at least do some damage. If you feel too squishy then get FS2 or 3 and some more wounds. Aim for 1050 ballistic with pots and high weaponskill at first. The more WS the better for snipers. Crit is ofc good as well but harder to get. You will get some with the higher sets later.

For equipment: do all the pve stuff first. sent ring and bloodlord weapon. genesis two piece rings are also not too bad. as second weapon you will want to have a subj/fortress one. That one needs the invader unlock which you can do with pve.

That would be a start.

What to aim for? That's harder to answer. Some go for full WL first because it's cheaper and has the armor debuff. The triumphant is also pretty good. 5 piece offensive sov 3 piece warlord is a pretty solid combo as well. You can also try mixing other sets. Like invader and WL.

Paxsanarion

Post#30 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:23 am

lumpi33 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:36 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:02 pm I have a RR 60 Engineer which I would love to play more often if I could find a good current build :-) I only have Conq gear so far. Would you be so kind as to link your build from the video and what you spend RR points on and what gear I should aim for? :-)

Id go with sniper and pick lower armor targets. SH, Sorc, Choppa, WE, Magus. All other targets can be really tough for a lowbie sniper engi.

While you don't have good enough armor pen Id build like this: Try mixing sets to get a lot of bonuses. Put only weaponskill talis in. For tactics take: 160 ballistic, fightin chance for more bs/ws, the quick reloader for faster gun blast/snipe and coordinated fire or well oiled if you wanna utilize the gun turret with its armor debuff.

With renown go all in on weaponskill. Rest +crit. You can also try full crit and rest WS. You will be super squishy but at least do some damage. If you feel too squishy then get FS2 or 3 and some more wounds. Aim for 1050 ballistic with pots and high weaponskill at first. The more WS the better for snipers. Crit is ofc good as well but harder to get. You will get some with the higher sets later.

For equipment: do all the pve stuff first. sent ring and bloodlord weapon. genesis two piece rings are also not too bad. as second weapon you will want to have a subj/fortress one. That one needs the invader unlock which you can do with pve.

That would be a start.

What to aim for? That's harder to answer. Some go for full WL first because it's cheaper and has the armor debuff. The triumphant is also pretty good. 5 piece offensive sov 3 piece warlord is a pretty solid combo as well. You can also try mixing other sets. Like invader and WL.
Great Stuff! Thank you!