Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 19/01/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nameless

Re: Patch Notes 19/01/2024

Post#101 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:44 pm

Shaman and am puddles are main tools for aoe sloe then tanks/dps pick key targets with st slows. No idea what is that fuzz for 20% proc based slow
Roots, slow immunities and staggers got buffs so combat control is less slow dependant than ever. And most importantly less pull dependant so the fights are much more balanced.
Other than that kotbs was overload with utility and you bring even more of it is strange to me. Give that on other tank before make 2 kotbs best tank combo for orders group setup
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Acidic

Post#102 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:30 pm

Nameless wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:44 pm …..
Other than that kotbs was overload with utility and you bring even more of it is strange to me. Give that on other tank before make 2 kotbs best tank combo for orders group setup
Can the balance team explain the koBS change, seems so over the top that it needs some justification on why it was placed at such a high level.

Should introduce a “three times out rule” on the balance team, over buff something three times and u r out.

UnspeakableOath

Post#103 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:04 pm

Alubert wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:50 pm I vote to remove WW and Chop Fasta from the game.
Problem solved.
Or just make them granted abilities and not require spec points, as this just becomes a tax on the player.

Rotgut

Post#104 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:20 pm

UnspeakableOath wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:04 pm
Alubert wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:50 pm I vote to remove WW and Chop Fasta from the game.
Problem solved.
Or just make them granted abilities and not require spec points, as this just becomes a tax on the player.
WWs and Chop Fasta enable so many builds. mSH can't operate properly without CF, and SW/WH can't either without WWs, for example.

And you have to consider what that implies when thinking about nerfs, it can't be balanced just around "how much CDR both factions can apply" or "what each class gives up for speccing into CF/WW". Without SWs, Order have no answer to Destro's better morale gain. Destro SHOULD have faster morales, it defines the faction, but making that disparity too big - which removing SWs in WBs and buffing Marauders (Destro's morale drain class) to the point you're comfortable with bringing more than one per WB will do - will likely break faction balance. Morales are too important.

Fey

Post#105 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:42 am

Morales in general, and damage Morales specifically have been nerfed into the ground. Morale gain is a meme at this point. Morale drain is better, but Morales just pale in comparison to what they once were.

This is why blob is so strong at the moment.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Fey

Post#106 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:46 am

Sorry to belabour the point, but they nerfed RAZE because it was too strong. **** RAZE, weeping plague-bearer.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

tazdingo

Post#107 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:25 am

true damage has always been ass though, i hope they get rid of unmitigable procs next

Kenshiken

Post#108 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:31 am

How is the optimizations? Someone noticed improvements?

Ads
Thaodan

Post#109 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:35 am

zageen wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:39 am That has to be the most wrongly directed patch ever for the chosen.

The trade off for the parry nerf is -5% (huge deal, because the more parry you have, the more parry become effective) is 1 "Theoretical" GCD every minute if you refresh perfectly the buff

Since the class already have a big amount of spell with more than 5 sec CD, the buff refresh was already in the "mandatory" sequence en filled well.

That's just plain nerf since the role of a tank is to not get CCed as possible and parry in small scale is the only tool to counter that.

You will say that kotbs doesn't have any parry buff, but since they deal physical dmg, they invest a lot in WS that offset that and with the huge utility and dmg boost the classes are not even comparable anymore
Parry from weapon skill is offset by the attackers strength, you won't gain the full or any benefit from it depending on the attackers gear of course.
Parry, especially using weapon skill from gear requires to prioritize other attributes less than a career can that has a ability that makes gain parry for a time.

From A+ tier to B tier for chosen, to A+ tier to SS+ tier for kotbs....
Is Conquest Knight really A or even S tier? I don't think so.

Thaodan

Post#110 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:40 am

Aethilmar wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:39 am And you are right that there is some kind of weird drive to homogeneity with these changes. Honestly I think the folks working on balance think of tanks with a WoW sensibility and not a WAR sensibility. But ... hey ... their playground.
I was thinking the same, something that is unique to the sm would be better in my opinion. However because of the stance dance the sm punt is still "weaker" than the punts of other careers.
I guess streamlining is easier but I think it's also important to not always do balancing changes based of ones own experiences.