Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman/AM nerf?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kloaner

Re: Shaman/AM nerf?

Post#61 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:08 pm

both should receive the same buff with their mechanics as the RP/Zealot. Willpower to Intelligence etc. 5 points into Gork and you can activate the switch to dps with an skill from the Path of Gork. After that 30 sec CD (for example) before you can go back to Mork and become a Healer

The mechanic of RP/Zelot should not be activated via HoD / RoB but with one of the rituals/runes. Nobody uses the middle one anyway and it would open up the possibility of sorting the trees from both and bring something useful for the third ritual / rune.

That wouldn't change fact that the Zeal/RP are miles ahead when it comes to support for the Group but maybe it would be more fun to play with the mechanic

btw. zeal has a 5,4k Absorb for 20 sec beside Windblock as Option not just 3,7k for 15sec
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Ads
Zxul

Post#62 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:56 pm

Kloaner wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:08 pm both should receive the same buff with their mechanics as the RP/Zealot. Willpower to Intelligence etc.
Zealot/RP mechanic is nice in theory, however practically speaking if you want to do any dmg as zealot/RP you need to have DF slotted, as well as other tactics for dmg, +a very different build to heal one. So when switching Harbinger off you don't heal all that much.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Kloaner

Post#63 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:11 pm

yes, but that's okay. Changing to a full dps with everything on a 20 second CD would be a little too much. zeal is op enough as it is

Fey

Post#64 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:59 am

Whoa whoa whoa, Bolstering Boon affects all critical heals? It used to just apply to, Boon of Hysh, hence the name of the tactic.

I must've missed that one. That's a huge advantage because Shaman morale pump requires two tactic slots to be worth a damn. No one is going to sacrifice two tactic slots for a mediocre morale pump for a single group.

We used to do that with our 4squig 2shaman group, but they nerfed, Lots of Shooting, because we instantly deleted too many dudes.

Destruction was always the realm with better morale gain. Chosen and BO tactics are a prime example, along with the Squig group morale gain. This is why kotbs got solar flare for example. There was a great deal of thought put into front-loading and back-loading vis a vis 6-man fights and full WB fights.

Morale values and durations have been nerfed into the ground, but I'm still surprised AM has such a potent morale gain tactic. I play destro these days, but I'd for sure run that tactic until they change it. I'm genuinely surprised.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

akisnaakkeli

Post#65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:46 am

Kloaner wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:08 pm both should receive the same buff with their mechanics as the RP/Zealot. Willpower to Intelligence etc. 5 points into Gork and you can activate the switch to dps with an skill from the Path of Gork. After that 30 sec CD (for example) before you can go back to Mork and become a Healer

The mechanic of RP/Zelot should not be activated via HoD / RoB but with one of the rituals/runes. Nobody uses the middle one anyway and it would open up the possibility of sorting the trees from both and bring something useful for the third ritual / rune.

That wouldn't change fact that the Zeal/RP are miles ahead when it comes to support for the Group but maybe it would be more fun to play with the mechanic

btw. zeal has a 5,4k Absorb for 20 sec beside Windblock as Option not just 3,7k for 15sec
No true mirroring pls. I would love to have original Harbinger on Zealot instead of the int/willpower switch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPw6K_MGEXY Back when dps zealot was awesome <3 There should be a skill for Am/Shaman that switches the points on 30s CD.

Zxul

Post#66 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:17 am

akisnaakkeli wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:46 am original Harbinger on Zealot instead of the int/willpower switch
What it was even doing? Remember something about long ass dot, and think corp resist debuff.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ysaran

Post#67 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:35 pm

akisnaakkeli wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:27 pm
Ysaran wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:35 pm
akisnaakkeli wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:45 pm

On pts before ability rework if i remember correctly, it worked like live and every stack was 20% cast time reduction and with 5 stack instant cast. Also grp heal/fodg gave points for everyone healed so if full grp and you do grp heal with 5 dps points so its instant and the amount of people you heal with the spell you lost same amount of stacks so from 5dps to 2heal points.

In pts it worked like that, is how it works now intended change or is it bugged
How it works now on the main server is the intended way. Hopefully, the will revert back to live mechanic in future patches. Do you know if the mechanic on pts also increase/decreased damage/heal, AP cost or other parameters?
(Right now cleanse CD us decreased by 40% by mechanic, i.e. from 5s to 3s)
It did decrease cast time to another way every point is 20% so instant dps skill cast with 5 heal which means that with fodg you could have easy 5 dps stacks and insta grp heal after etc. Imo Cleanse CD should be 3s and it would be instant with points/cd reducer. So Am/Shammy dont "need" CD reducer to fully work,Also not a fan needing rr 70 to have all the necessary skills for healing. Swith fodg with 5s silence and then you would be good with rr50.

Am should be able to move if you have dps points when casting Funnel Essence. And yes the Shaman Feelz no Pain m4 is very good, as is Archmage M4 15s 3600absorb for grp + hot as well.
I would rather have this than a switch skill like Zeal/BO.

The equivalent of Bolstering Boon on Shaman gives 40 AP to the target, would be nice to see it extended to all direct heals just like Bolstering Boon (though prolly with a lower AP value).
Zputadenti

Kloaner

Post#68 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:15 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:35 pm I would rather have this than a switch skill like Zeal/BO.

The equivalent of Bolstering Boon on Shaman gives 40 AP to the target, would be nice to see it extended to all direct heals just like Bolstering Boon (though prolly with a lower AP value).
Bolstering Boon is on 3, where Shaman has Pass it On. If you want the AP tactic on all Heals it needs a change, like "has a chance on direct heals", oh wait Zeal already has that... and you need the +2 souv if you wanna take it and fury/silence/shrug/snare and the Hot

Ads
Ysaran

Post#69 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:30 pm

Kloaner wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:15 pm
Ysaran wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:35 pm I would rather have this than a switch skill like Zeal/BO.

Bolstering Boon is on 3, where Shaman has Pass it On. If you want the AP tactic on all Heals it needs a change, like "has a chance on direct heals", oh wait Zeal already has that... and you need the +2 souv if you wanna take it and fury/silence/shrug/snare and the Hot
Yeah, you would have to chose, but you would have the option. While now you just have a useless tactic
Zputadenti

akisnaakkeli

Post#70 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:38 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:17 am
akisnaakkeli wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:46 am original Harbinger on Zealot instead of the int/willpower switch
What it was even doing? Remember something about long ass dot, and think corp resist debuff.
60s undefendable raven flying on top of you, i dont remember if it had corporeal resis debuff but the tactic Transference made it do dmg and heal def target every 5s and it was affected by Int/Magic power so it could do 800+ dmg. 60s is a bit much : D If brought back imo should be 24s and dmg every 3s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPw6K_MGEXY This is best dps zealot times and video ive seen and its clearly very powerful and statement in the video reads

"Patch 1.3.6 removed the Harbinger, Transference, and any ability to do what you see in this video. This video shall remain as a reminder of the fun we could have solo in the lakes prior to this patch. Good luck in the future, Zealots. You'll need it"