Ads

Patch Notes 06/02/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Mortgrimm

Re: Patch Notes 06/02/2024

Post#231 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:34 am

Hazmy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:01 am
Mortgrimm wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:55 am Would be nice to see some bug fixes soon.
The Balance Updates are planned to slow down a little bit for this exact reason, to be able to focus more on bug fixes in-between patches.
That´s good to hear, really.
Fenris78 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:08 am I wonder why devs think it's a good idea to have WL pet not having same base speed as players...
Exactly. Try to outrun a lion in real life ;)
Mortgrimm - IB - guild leader of Thurisaz
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz
Thorhammer - WP - Thurisaz

Ads
Ruin

Post#232 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:57 am

akisnaakkeli wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:17 am
Ruin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:28 am
leftayparxoun wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:29 pm

Unlike other 25% Heal Debuffs, the fortress proc seems to be currently bugged and stacking with other HDs:
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=22289

This Fortress proc is Order side exclusive I should add (Slayer, IB, WP and White Lion)
The fix is preaty easy in my view, just remove the weapon procs and make them regular 2h procs like 110 wounds, pilfer, speedbuff, absorb, slow or dmg proc, and just convert all order Outgoing HD abilites to incoming. Then we can think about their position in the mastery afterwards.
: D you play only order? Those who have only played 1 side for whatever reasons are always biased and that comment about converting all outgoing HDs to incoming just for order side gave your heavy bias away. And fudge no for removing any procs ffs they should bring back procs that used to exist like taunt proc for tanks in epic quest wpns and Boost IV-VI (critical dmg/critical amount increase procs) and Manipulaton which has 10% chance on hit to increase cast times by 50% but change it to 05s so it will work on melee abilities as well. Engi/Magus/RP/Zealot had Manipulation proc which makes sense.

Funny of you to ignore the Order exclusive 25% HD proc (Stacks) in Subjugator,Fort and even in T4 epic wpns : D Slayer,IB,WP and WL all can debuff healer healing himself by 75% with this proc. Just give this proc to DoK and not in fudging shield and actually shield dok/wp should never get armour debuff or HD proc in shield. They get armour debuff atm(dok at least in 1 shield) but not in Sword. Shield dok/wp is super OP in smallscale and reason nothing dies. Block is too powerful stat for wp and dok to have.

Would be fun to see if aoe cap is changed back to 9 how fast shields would get removed from wp/dok=) Remove morale dmg cap as well and we can have fun in lakes again with 6-12 vs24+ and not insta die to brainless aoe spam=)
To be honest since it's a BUG, I assume it's going be fixed, and will not stack in future, but by you assuming Im Order only, would show also Your Bias to a certain degree, and in context of that Procs, i assume you are furious that order classes, can gain this (Bugged) effect in ST and small scale content? (WL in aoe spec can’t afford to go for ST outgoing HD)

I say I’m also bit ANOYED that IB can't have nice AOE dps Spec like BG, or SM can’t so easily get his aoe support dmg as BO. But that’s haw realm balance is.
Or WL as mdps not having any inc HD at all, unlike ALL destro MDPS classes.

Also I think that some procs should stay bind to the weapon/armor type. Example would be 2H only weapons should get some procs and they should not be avaible for 1h weapons, like zeal having access to woulds/lifesteal/spead procs in offhand, those are 2h specific procs, or WL/WP not being able to get 2 damge procs on weapons unlike dual wielding classes.
The 10% parry buff form dual wielding was also not fair (untill the stat change patch, dont have an opinion on that change yet).
On the other subject its pretty anoint that some changes are being hidden from players, like Sweaping Disgourment and Concussive Runes change for exampe (becoming ability debuff instead of tactic one).
So Yes there are inequalities in this game, and we learn to deal with them. And mentioning them and saying that because something is BUGED atm. then it should be change is kind of Childish. Unless it’s not a Bug but a deliberate change, then this is worthy of a Suggestion post.

akisnaakkeli

Post#233 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:54 am

Ruin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:57 am
akisnaakkeli wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:17 am
Ruin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:28 am

The fix is preaty easy in my view, just remove the weapon procs and make them regular 2h procs like 110 wounds, pilfer, speedbuff, absorb, slow or dmg proc, and just convert all order Outgoing HD abilites to incoming. Then we can think about their position in the mastery afterwards.
: D you play only order? Those who have only played 1 side for whatever reasons are always biased and that comment about converting all outgoing HDs to incoming just for order side gave your heavy bias away. And fudge no for removing any procs ffs they should bring back procs that used to exist like taunt proc for tanks in epic quest wpns and Boost IV-VI (critical dmg/critical amount increase procs) and Manipulaton which has 10% chance on hit to increase cast times by 50% but change it to 05s so it will work on melee abilities as well. Engi/Magus/RP/Zealot had Manipulation proc which makes sense.

Funny of you to ignore the Order exclusive 25% HD proc (Stacks) in Subjugator,Fort and even in T4 epic wpns : D Slayer,IB,WP and WL all can debuff healer healing himself by 75% with this proc. Just give this proc to DoK and not in fudging shield and actually shield dok/wp should never get armour debuff or HD proc in shield. They get armour debuff atm(dok at least in 1 shield) but not in Sword. Shield dok/wp is super OP in smallscale and reason nothing dies. Block is too powerful stat for wp and dok to have.

Would be fun to see if aoe cap is changed back to 9 how fast shields would get removed from wp/dok=) Remove morale dmg cap as well and we can have fun in lakes again with 6-12 vs24+ and not insta die to brainless aoe spam=)
To be honest since it's a BUG, I assume it's going be fixed, and will not stack in future, but by you assuming Im Order only, would show also Your Bias to a certain degree, and in context of that Procs, i assume you are furious that order classes, can gain this (Bugged) effect in ST and small scale content? (WL in aoe spec can’t afford to go for ST outgoing HD)

I say I’m also bit ANOYED that IB can't have nice AOE dps Spec like BG, or SM can’t so easily get his aoe support dmg as BO. But that’s haw realm balance is.
Or WL as mdps not having any inc HD at all, unlike ALL destro MDPS classes.

Also I think that some procs should stay bind to the weapon/armor type. Example would be 2H only weapons should get some procs and they should not be avaible for 1h weapons, like zeal having access to woulds/lifesteal/spead procs in offhand, those are 2h specific procs, or WL/WP not being able to get 2 damge procs on weapons unlike dual wielding classes.
The 10% parry buff form dual wielding was also not fair (untill the stat change patch, dont have an opinion on that change yet).
On the other subject its pretty anoint that some changes are being hidden from players, like Sweaping Disgourment and Concussive Runes change for exampe (becoming ability debuff instead of tactic one).
So Yes there are inequalities in this game, and we learn to deal with them. And mentioning them and saying that because something is BUGED atm. then it should be change is kind of Childish. Unless it’s not a Bug but a deliberate change, then this is worthy of a Suggestion post.
There will always be inequalities because there are no true mirrors in the game and that is a good thing. WP used to be only class that gets 10% Parry strikethru using 2hander because obvious melee healer reasons. Yes dw 10% Parry bonus is nice but for example now WL and SM if they use 2h and Discerning Offense gets 20% Strikethru. And SM can get this to 40% if using Poised Attacks and Blinding Strike : D Also you speaking about how its annoying that there is more aoe on some classes than others is clear indication that 24 aoe cap only makes people care about brainless aoe spam... because more dps will win the fight always because tanks and heals were not designed to heal or take this insane amount of dmg of 24ae cap. Make it 9 and bring aoe HD's to 50% and it will become more single target and skill based.

WL has Parry tactic and outgoing HD. Marauder has 25% HD but with Deadly Clutch tactic it becomes 50%. WP used to have 25% HD with long CD and dok used to have tactic aoe HD (which was amazing and needed but now dead) So with this logic you should make wp hd 25% again. Btw i dont support this at all. I play both sides and Dps WP was my main in 2008. And WP in RoR gets 800 Armour Debuff with 45AP proc on same 2Hander. Dok doesnt get Armour Debuff proc and no longer has the best heal debuff in the game.

I play all chars, i would like original runefang lvl 15 core tactic back to kotbs as well Chosen Crippling strikes back, suddenly 5s cd Undefendable rending blade becomes very nice with Crippling Strikes=) And there shouldnbt be procs only for certain side and certainly not only in 2h's or 1h's. RoR has removed alot of layers from PvP and this attitude of RESTRICTING is big reason for that.

im not gonna start listing all the reasons, and its my opinions only, but another one is 035s slower GCD compared to Old RoR and Live War.

leftayparxoun

Post#234 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:02 pm

Small update, the bug has been fixed:
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=22289
Onlymelee MSH, Onlyhealing Zealot, Onlyhater BG - Entropy and Chaos

"All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride."
The Antigone of Sophocles

Valfaros

Post#235 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:21 pm

As an occational lurker on this forum and previous single target dps zealot and st dps dok player on the server and live these changes since the ability update are tough to read. Yeah lol why are you playing this...even. Which is why I don't...

Honestly, I wouldn't have guessed somehow dps zealot can get nerfed further. Like at this point it is kinda funny. I know it's getting nerfed because it is getting hit in a double cross fire both by trying to keep tactics pararity and nerfing the heal spec but boy this is rough. Already the nerf on dok hd tactic is really questionable as the spec performs wastly worse than on live but on dps zealot? Really with nothing to make up for it?

Oh well looking forward to maybe get overhauled at some point.

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#236 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:27 pm

It's important to note that the current changes that are going live, are still mainly targeting Tanks with supplemental adjustments to other Careers.

The main balancing phase of Healers and Damaging Careers haven't started yet. We are planning on explaining this more in an announcement very soon!

hogun

Post#237 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:42 am

after a week, and in view of the obvious:
you've chosen to up the BG (omg you give to the BG "for the witch king" that strange balance), up the Choppa, de nerf the slayer and the IB...but could you go back on the IB. the skill you've given the IB will never be used because it's useless and misplaced. and with this choice you're killing the IB solo game. if you want to change an IB skill it's "Avenging the Debt" that you have to change.
finally thank you for recognizing what everyone knows ... the BO and BG always had better DPS than the IB and if you want to nerf HB from the IB that's your choice ... but let's be honest.

to help test on construct with 4 of my tank RR60 (since my SM and BG are not RR60, this would not have been representative. )

https://i.servimg.com/u/f82/18/55/96/87/athran10.png

https://i.servimg.com/u/f82/18/55/96/87/dahaug10.png

https://i.servimg.com/u/f82/18/55/96/87/gor10.png

https://i.servimg.com/u/f82/18/55/96/87/thag10.png
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Dackjanielz

Post#238 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:02 pm

More tank stuff? Cool.
Lets see...

Redirected force for SM could probably just be replaced with something, currently its a bit of a nothing burger.....Personally id love to see wall of darting steel actually defend your guard target [ adjust the stats accordingly ] - this would be amazing 2h utility.

I still question if Vauls tempering is working or not, sometimes i get snared then use it and im still snared afterwards [ bugged? ].

Personally i'm happy with new IB ability i think its pretty sweet to have something that helps the team out.....Maybe look into Oathstone as ability, nothing wrong with it as such...the x4 block is great but the damage output is so minimal i wonder if there's any point to it really?

IB isn't known for being a porcupine like Knight so perhaps have it do something else?
Mostly a knit pick though tbh it wouldn't be end of the world if it stayed same really.

Not sure i can think of anything for knights, mostly good tbh.

:

This segment is a pipe dream....

Id like to see Grace priests become a more official tank build, we are always in short supply of tanks so simply adding another to the roster would just be great + fun.
Replace shielding grace with Guard, maybe give them Challenge? PVE Threat?

the heal on strikes needs to go and be replaced if you ask me, there's so many problems that come with that mechanic, divine strike and radiance are so easily shut off and it creates this "stressful" style gameplay where you cant press any other buttons but spam them to keep everyone going.

Divine assault could go to Wrath as that's basically what everyones doing already, might aswell make it official.

Maybe Grace could be a good canidate location for Grumble n mutter to go perhaps?

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#239 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:24 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:02 pm I still question if Vauls tempering is working or not, sometimes i get snared then use it and im still snared afterwards [ bugged? ].
Spoiler:
It gives immunities to KD, Silence, Stagger, Disarm, Punt and Root. Nothing about snares.

hogun

Post#240 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:36 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:02 pm More tank stuff? Cool.
Lets see...

Redirected force for SM could probably just be replaced with something, currently its a bit of a nothing burger.....Personally id love to see wall of darting steel actually defend your guard target [ adjust the stats accordingly ] - this would be amazing 2h utility.

I still question if Vauls tempering is working or not, sometimes i get snared then use it and im still snared afterwards [ bugged? ].

Personally i'm happy with new IB ability i think its pretty sweet to have something that helps the team out.....Maybe look into Oathstone as ability, nothing wrong with it as such...the x4 block is great but the damage output is so minimal i wonder if there's any point to it really?

IB isn't known for being a porcupine like Knight so perhaps have it do something else?
Mostly a knit pick though tbh it wouldn't be end of the world if it stayed same really.

Not sure i can think of anything for knights, mostly good tbh.

:

This segment is a pipe dream....

Id like to see Grace priests become a more official tank build, we are always in short supply of tanks so simply adding another to the roster would just be great + fun.
Replace shielding grace with Guard, maybe give them Challenge? PVE Threat?

the heal on strikes needs to go and be replaced if you ask me, there's so many problems that come with that mechanic, divine strike and radiance are so easily shut off and it creates this "stressful" style gameplay where you cant press any other buttons but spam them to keep everyone going.

Divine assault could go to Wrath as that's basically what everyones doing already, might aswell make it official.

Maybe Grace could be a good canidate location for Grumble n mutter to go perhaps?
I don't mean any disrespect but I think you don't know IB very well. "Oathstone" the maximum I've done with this skill is about 1356hp/tick ...I think you can say it's a skill that does damage. well I'm not saying you shouldn't add a group skill, I'm just saying you should put it in place of "Avenging the Debt". finally, the proposed "blood of grimnir" skill is inferior to that of the BO for the same number of points. so why should the BG have the equivalent of WW and be easier to access? (not the same mechanics as the SM) is it balance? no its not. and why dont nerf BG damage?
lots of unanswered questions
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o