Recent Topics

Ads

Post Ability Rework Balancing Roadmap - Developer Update March 2024.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Ashoris

Re: Post Ability Rework Balancing Roadmap - Developer Update March 2024.

Post#71 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:34 pm

I just want to say - thank you for the Post.

This sounds promising in a good way. We know that the mentioned names in the Balance Team have experience on both sides multiple classes they play and Experience in different types of RoR Play like solo/Group/WB/PUG/5 Groups/ranked.
Only problem now for them is that they have to live up to a higher standard !! :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ads
Gunlinger

Post#72 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:44 pm

The Witch hunter players got told by staff that they should sit tight. That right now there is more important things to do, before WH gets a look at for buffs and overworking broken stuff. (4 years ago)
Then Witch hunter players got told to hold tight even more, because there would be coming big changes soon. (1 year ago)
Big changes came and the Ability System got a rework.
It was again said that the Witch hunter would be looked at ''SOON''

Now we are back at the start again and it is said Tanks healers.... first again.
The only Build the Wh has that is positively impacting a Warband is the Dragon Gun moral pump. A job that other classes can do more efficient and with less risk.
The selfheal that was too low before, got nerved so now it is even less useful. Witches can go full reggen because they do not need to go full strg/ws to still do dmg while on max deff.
Blessed blade got nerved together with the overall armor penetration rework, like as if no one even thought about what that would mean for a class that already had to use that tactic to even be able to compete with other DPS classes in that field.
The nerf on mid fight change of bullet buffs by adding a shared cooldown on them, got sold as a ‘’buff’’ because they can now be done outside of global cooldown. In reality the change makes it now impossible to change bullets to fit a changed target while in a hasty combat situation, since the shared cooldown is longer than most fights of a witch hunter last (before he gets divided by zero from aoe spam)
And worst part is and will always be, that the iconic and strongest attack the WH has can still just be cleansed away in an instant, since addons like Aura and buffhead alert enemy healers as soon as Bal gets applied.

Right now, the Witch hunter is in a state that can only be described as the unwanted child that got sold to the sweatshop owner.
The class was designed to have all the negative traits like low survivability, lowest base armor of all classes and almost zero aoe ability’s. All that the WH had to endure to make up for the one thing he had. And that was that he was designed to deal the highest possible single target dps of all Damage Dealers.
But already back on live and then on RoR even more, all the former pray of the WH got more and more defense buffed. And all other DDs got their dmg increased, so they now outperform the WH while having way more defense. The WH and the Witch were designed to attack the backline and KILL a single target. Right now, as a WH you can not even kill a non-guarded healer, since his detaunt alone is enough to mitigate the witch hunters dmg and heal up back to 100% while under the effect of both the incoming and the outgoing heal debuff.
If solo play is not wanted by the devs. And if a Warband usability for the WH is also not wanted, since they refused to give him the same AOE rework like all the other DPS back then, then just cut all the bull dung already and give the class the rework it deserves since 10 years.
Either massively buff the single target dmg output or just change its armor class to middle class. Not after the tanks, healers and other dps. Not after another 10 years. NOW.

Valfaros

Post#73 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:43 pm

Lilim wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:40 am
Omegus wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:53 pm You missed a step:

Ah damn, Hazmy added the wrong pic ;)
I just hope it's at least on the list as a class that has several archtypes along the healing one includeing aoe and single target dps. Now I know it will be in the last phase which is fine but the other archetypes are certainly among the ones that have been neglected the longest. At least I wouldn't be able to mention any spec that was not touched for so long.

That said. I still look super forward to it. I certainly will be taking a look from time to time again to check the patchnotes to see where it is heading.

culland

Post#74 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:54 pm

New player, not yet 40. Not sure if this suggestion has been made, but the RR abilities should be reduced in level availability, perhaps just restrict them to T1.

Just makes lower levels a target because they will have no individual cleanse, imo.

Dackjanielz

Post#75 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:56 pm

i do think there is something else that needs to be considered when it comes to balancing the realms also.

I propose that order get a blanket 2000HP boost across the classes to compensate for the fact that Destro has Skrodius and order does not.

Its only fair.

tjalfe

Post#76 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:58 pm

Not sure i understand the picture, it states Tanks first but there has not been any change that did not include all classes. Are the changes still in the initial stage and will there more changes to Tanks goin forward?

Caspatio

Post#77 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:47 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:56 pm i do think there is something else that needs to be considered when it comes to balancing the realms also.

I propose that order get a blanket 2000HP boost across the classes to compensate for the fact that Destro has Skrodius and order does not.

Its only fair.

WAAAGH!!!

Lisutaris

Post#78 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:13 am

Caspatio wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:47 am
Dackjanielz wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:56 pm i do think there is something else that needs to be considered when it comes to balancing the realms also.

Its only fair.

WAAAGH!!!
Mhhh.... you can have Scrodius ... Destro will take the 2000 HP buff :P
Sorry need to throw you under the bus here mate, for the greater good... WAAAGH!
(You will work undercover and try to make order players deserters that will join us on destro and our WAAAGH! That's your misson! Here have a fake beard and rdy to use glued on pointy ears ... no one will notice!)
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#79 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:30 pm

The devs need to revert the recent balance patches.

Order is in shambles and has been nerfed into the ground.

Like 80% of the people are playing Destro now and PvDoor is worse than ever.

IT must be reverted.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Stinksuit

Post#80 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:08 am

I know its not really something that is high on the prio at all but is there any plans to finish the pirate hats for classes that have yet to receive them or are we simply to wait till the event comes back another time? (If it even comes)