Recent Topics

Ads

Post Ability Rework Balancing Roadmap - Developer Update March 2024.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Phantasm

Re: Post Ability Rework Balancing Roadmap - Developer Update March 2024.

Post#51 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:53 pm

Hazmy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:50 pm
We also hear you all, and we would also like to open up more communication about Balance, creating a brand new forum, expanding the Balance Group, but we would like to return to this topic at a later date, as we want to approach this carefully to make sure we add to the group’s efficiency and not hinder it, as we’d like to keep to our regular updates and maintain a steady pace towards our long-term goals. In the meantime, your continued support and feedback is greatly appreciated!

Little suggestion: can we add amount of rr80 characters and highlight the highest rr class to a post someone make on said forum? Like in example:

That would effectively distinguish trolls and forum warriors from actual players.

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Post#52 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:15 pm

Phantasm wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:53 pm
We also hear you all, and we would also like to open up more communication about Balance, creating a brand new forum, expanding the Balance Group, but we would like to return to this topic at a later date, as we want to approach this carefully to make sure we add to the group’s efficiency and not hinder it, as we’d like to keep to our regular updates and maintain a steady pace towards our long-term goals. In the meantime, your continued support and feedback is greatly appreciated!

Little suggestion: can we add amount of rr80 characters and highlight the highest rr class to a post someone make on said forum? Like in example:

That would effectively distinguish trolls and forum warriors from actual players.
I know several rr80's that I would not listen to any of their advice and I have met some brand new players I would trust more. The amount of 80s you have has "0" pull with me. When I talk to some 80s and I am like hey do you use Pierce Defenses (just as an example)? And they say what is that? I know I am talking to an 80 that just got carried all the way.

Just my opinion.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

dwyur

Post#53 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:24 pm

I think more discussion (from logical, sane individuals with a lot of experience) & more transparency on changes will be a good thing. Thank you for all of the effort that has got into the ability rework & the balance change work that continues.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Ysaran

Post#54 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:29 pm

Emissary wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:15 pm

I know several rr80's that I would not listen to any of their advice and I have met some brand new players I would trust more. The amount of 80s you have has "0" pull with me. When I talk to some 80s and I am like hey do you use Pierce Defenses (just as an example)? And they say what is that? I know I am talking to an 80 that just got carried all the way.

Just my opinion.
I second that. My highest rr character is choppa (rr83, I think?) but last time I logged choppa to play it is years ago, probably 2021 or something. If I sometimes log choppa is only because I have money/crafting material in bank.

rr is not indicative of a player capability, but only of a player's invested time. I know some very high rr (like 90+) that I would never ever even have in party with me so much they sucks at playing their class
Zputadenti

Lisutaris

Post#55 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:40 pm

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Just my opinion.
It wouldn't hurt to take their feedback into consideration too. Just saying. If 90% of the active playerbase, without regarding their personality, are against or for something .... I wouldn't ignore that feedback :)
I agree on the 80s amount part, it won't be granted that a 80s player really know about the stuff, mechanics, minmaxing, whatever. It's still a good baseline. Maybe an additional filter with "time spent on the character, myaybe in the last weeks,months, whatever " would be good too to check first.

I mean it's not the players/community final decision to decide on whats getting changed, implemented. But I would think twice or triple to do or change something if the community is very splitted or against that decision :D And you only get that kind of feedback if you have enough ppl you can listen to.
2 best friends arent really a good statistic ;) And total amount of players suggest you shouldn't gamble too much on that part too right now. (> Big changes without quick hotfix if needed)

I can remember a game where you got a "survey" when logging in. You could give feedback on different questions. (Must not be ingame RoR wise, just some sort of doing it)
Maybe you should add something like that regarding future changes... I mean... only ppl who really care will take their time to do that anyway.
And you should NOT ignore feedback of those guys, as they aren't many. I may remind about the PTS testing and 2nd call because of the already low participation.
Listening to feedback doesn't mean to do what everyone wants .... just having a bigger picture, better view on it. This is good and useful to have.

I also may add here, the "Balance Team" literally asked for more feedback ... so ANY feedback is good and needed right now I guess :) If not, they should clarify very soon what kind of feedback they like to have or not to have. No one likes to waste their time and if feedback gets ignored, they will stop providing it over time.
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

Phantasm

Post#56 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:10 pm

All I ment to distinguish difference between forum trolls and temporary accounts from actual players. But feel free ignore, I just sometimes got ideas I want to share.

Ysaran

Post#57 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:21 pm

Phantasm wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:10 pm All I ment to distinguish difference between forum trolls and temporary accounts from actual players. But feel free ignore, I just sometimes got ideas I want to share.
Well, if you put it that way it is actually quite reasonable. Just the number of characters and their RR tier (10 to 20, 20 to 30,..., 70 to 80, 80+) would be enough. Atm, the only thing you can check is the time the account was created, but there are ppl that have many old unused account, so... yeah, not really helpful.
Zputadenti

Kragg

Post#58 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:40 pm

No praise for the work Gravord's put in?
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
Akalukz

Post#59 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:48 pm

Biggest thing to remember during all of this. The game must be fun for the majority. Right now it is becoming less fun for the masses and marginally fun for the organized players because there is less fighting. No one wants to die in 1-2 GCD.
-= Agony =-

Emissary
Community Management

Post#60 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:03 am

Lisutaris wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:40 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Just my opinion.
It wouldn't hurt to take their feedback into consideration too. Just saying. If 90% of the active playerbase, without regarding their personality, are against or for something .... I wouldn't ignore that feedback :)
I agree on the 80s amount part, it won't be granted that a 80s player really know about the stuff, mechanics, minmaxing, whatever. It's still a good baseline. Maybe an additional filter with "time spent on the character, myaybe in the last weeks,months, whatever " would be good too to check first.

I mean it's not the players/community final decision to decide on whats getting changed, implemented. But I would think twice or triple to do or change something if the community is very splitted or against that decision :D And you only get that kind of feedback if you have enough ppl you can listen to.
2 best friends arent really a good statistic ;) And total amount of players suggest you shouldn't gamble too much on that part too right now. (> Big changes without quick hotfix if needed)

I can remember a game where you got a "survey" when logging in. You could give feedback on different questions. (Must not be ingame RoR wise, just some sort of doing it)
Maybe you should add something like that regarding future changes... I mean... only ppl who really care will take their time to do that anyway.
And you should NOT ignore feedback of those guys, as they aren't many. I may remind about the PTS testing and 2nd call because of the already low participation.
Listening to feedback doesn't mean to do what everyone wants .... just having a bigger picture, better view on it. This is good and useful to have.

I also may add here, the "Balance Team" literally asked for more feedback ... so ANY feedback is good and needed right now I guess :) If not, they should clarify very soon what kind of feedback they like to have or not to have. No one likes to waste their time and if feedback gets ignored, they will stop providing it over time.
Oh yeah, I am with you all feedback is needed, just some is better than others, lol. I like the idea of the survey thing (in my opinion) ... I remember several games that did that (didnt live Warhammer do that once?) ... but to base it on the level (in some cases) is not the right thing to do. I mean look im a high ranking knight and what the freak do i know :)
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!