Recent Topics

Ads

PTS Patch Notes 29/04/2024

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Zxul

Re: PTS Patch Notes 29/04/2024

Post#101 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:57 pm

Farrul wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:25 pm 1) If the player knows how to play/gear out a character he will not waste too many talismans into toughness unless under special circumstances ( i.e SM that wants to make the most use of absorb tactic).

2) BIS tank gear will net you around 570-600 toughness with rugged tactic. IB 2H for example will gain 90 toughness from self-buff so a BiS one that did not put talismans into toughness (IB Str/WS talismans or dps becomes crap) will end up at close to 700ish toughness.

That is news to me , 450 str WL :D . How do you think it will fair vs 5k armor, 900 toughness - Chosen, 1050 toughness BG?

P.S. If you crit with 50% crit tactic, the damage should hurt a lot more logically regardless of 700 or 800 toughness. Add the fact that WB still is magical dps and ignores the tank armor i think on softcap we with + melee power this could end up hurting for sure.
1. Want to duel my full toughness talis magus, and see how you manage?
2. Again no idea how do you equip your toon- on my chosen I have if I remember right 900+ toughness without Daemonclaw.
3. That 450 str WL will put the pet on chosen/bg and kite around while YOLO. And yes, talking specifically WLs that I fought.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Farrul

Post#102 » Thu May 02, 2024 11:55 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:57 pm
Farrul wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:25 pm 1) If the player knows how to play/gear out a character he will not waste too many talismans into toughness unless under special circumstances ( i.e SM that wants to make the most use of absorb tactic).

2) BIS tank gear will net you around 570-600 toughness with rugged tactic. IB 2H for example will gain 90 toughness from self-buff so a BiS one that did not put talismans into toughness (IB Str/WS talismans or dps becomes crap) will end up at close to 700ish toughness.

That is news to me , 450 str WL :D . How do you think it will fair vs 5k armor, 900 toughness - Chosen, 1050 toughness BG?

P.S. If you crit with 50% crit tactic, the damage should hurt a lot more logically regardless of 700 or 800 toughness. Add the fact that WB still is magical dps and ignores the tank armor i think on softcap we with + melee power this could end up hurting for sure.
2. Again no idea how do you equip your toon- on my chosen I have if I remember right 900+ toughness without Daemonclaw.
3. That 450 str WL will put the pet on chosen/bg and kite around while YOLO. And yes, talking specifically WLs that I fought.
What does your Magus in full toughness have to do with WE vs Order tank :?: Further more what would a duel between us ( i assume tank order vs magus) prove in regards to your previous statements :?:

I just explained BiS tank itemization to you plain and clear and how much toughness you could gain out of it, verify it in-game if you want. Not sure what else to add if you do not get it.

If your Chosen has 900 toughness without deamonclaw it means you invested heavily into it ( through talismans,100 toughness pot/aura etc ) which for a Chosen (Destro tank) is doable but would spell disaster for IB since they need invest into weapon skill. Not even SM can do it easily since there is no deamon claw to compensate for loss in str.

Again is your WE going to fight order tanks or Chosen?

P.S. 450 str WL is laughable, even as a thought experiment. Certainly not a threat to a regen destro tank, unless the plan is to kite in order to kill out of boredom :)

Zxul

Post#103 » Fri May 03, 2024 12:18 am

Farrul wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:55 pm
Zxul wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:57 pm

What does your Magus in full toughness have to do with WE vs Order tank :?: Further more what would a duel between us ( i assume tank order vs magus) prove in regards to your previous statements :?:

I just explained BiS tank itemization to you plain and clear and how much toughness you could gain out of it, verify it in-game if you want. Not sure what else to add if you do not get it.

If your Chosen has 900 toughness without deamonclaw it means you invested heavily into it ( through talismans,100 toughness pot/aura etc ) which for a Chosen (Destro tank) is doable but would spell disaster for IB since they need invest into weapon skill. Not even SM can do it easily since there is no deamon claw to compensate for loss in str.

Again is your WE going to fight order tanks or Chosen?

P.S. 450 str WL is laughable, even as a thought experiment. Certainly not a threat to a regen destro tank, unless the plan is to kite in order to kill out of boredom :)
I posted about how its possible to make even sorc 800+ toughness build for solo roaming, you replied with "If the player knows how to play/gear out a character he will not waste too many talismans into toughness unless under special circumstances"- now that I suggested you to duel a full toughness talis toon, you seem to avoid it. So I'm getting a mixed messages from you, is a full toughness talis toon a good idea or not, and if it isn't why is that you don't want to duel one?

As for which stats do you get on your tank, yep if you go a full glass cannon with a toon it will have a low toughness. Doesn't means that its a good soloing build, and doesn't means its a BIS build- no idea why would you consider a build which will die from a single rotation BIS.

In case its still isn't clear, let me put it in other words for you- your toon while soloing needs to survive for long enough to actually kill. Unless you expect to solo kill someone with a burst- no happening on tank, and realistically not on dps vs a toon with a good build- you need enough defenses to survive for long enough to kill. If your solo toon doesn't has those, its not a BIS or a good build- its a some sort of party toon which tries to solo, and than wonders why he dies so easily vs anyone who actually knows how to spec for solo.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Avernus

Post#104 » Fri May 03, 2024 2:32 am

Hazmy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm Image
Balance Changes

- Feeding On Pain - Reworked to: Reduce the AP cost of abilities based on your current Health level. With 76-100% Health: Reduce cost by 5 AP. With 51-75% Health: Reduce cost by 10 AP. With 26-50% Health: Reduce cost by 15 AP. With 0-25% Health: Reduce cost by 20 AP.
Even with this rework, i still can't see any reason to slot this COMPLETELY useless tactic. You're just not supposed to have your AP depleted as BG, the only way to do it is to spam Hold the line and even then there is Endless Pursuit to solve this problem.

I'll be honest - even if this tactic would make skills free (AP free!) - there is no reason to slot this.

Avanos

Post#105 » Fri May 03, 2024 2:36 am

Zxul wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:54 pm
reynor007 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:32 pm
Zxul wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 pm

Problem is, as it was stated is this thread by Zumos2, Witchbrew will be mitigated by toughness after patch.

Witch Elf - Witchbrew - from 450 to (224 + 1.5 x DB) damage

Taking glass cannon 1050 str WE- 210 DB. 224 + 1.5 x 210= 539, looks good in theory. Now lets however take it vs toon specced for soloing, so 800 toughness. (1050-800)/5= 50 DB. 224 + 1.5 x 50= 299 dmg, compared to 450 before. Even less vs tanks with 1 k+ toughness. And that is for a glass cannon WE.

Now lets take a def WE- 450 str, vs 800 toughness toon. (450-800)/5= -70 DB. 224 + 1.5 x -70 = 119 dmg, compared to 450 before, or less than 1/3 of the dmg. GL killing anything with that.
you forgot to add 30% damage from tactics in your calculations, then it will no longer look like what you are trying to show, as for tanks, this ability should not cause them such damage as now, 300 is quite adequate for 6 hits, which in total is 1800 additional damage to the tank and why do you care so much about def WE, you always played dps, dd we became stronger, as you wanted everything was done exactly as I described in my posts, it’s nice to see that people who deal with balance understand what they are doing
Here is the problem- currently procs ain't affected by +% dmg, and nowhere in the patch notes it says Witchbrew will start being affected by +% dmg after the patch. The patch notes actually specifically say that the change is to compensate for +% dmg no longer affecting the abilities in the list.

As for my WE I always played RA build, in semi def build. Problem is, between the RA nerf and now the Witchbrew nerf, WE no longer have a good finisher at all, and the class doesn't does enough nonfinisher dmg to actually function without finisher.
He's found a way to add tactic % to procs.

800 Tough WE should also not be hitting hard. You give up damage for survivability.
Veretta the Witch Elf

Nefarian78

Post#106 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:12 am

Interesting changes, however BO punt requiring a plan (In addition to a tactic that is mandatory for all small scale content) is tedious.

It's not interesting gameplay to sit on your ass while you wait for the go on the kill target or having to slow down the go because you're in the wrong plan. It's not fun, it's not "skillful" it's simply tedious.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

akisnaakkeli

Post#107 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:26 am

Avanos wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:36 am
Zxul wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:54 pm
reynor007 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:32 pm

you forgot to add 30% damage from tactics in your calculations, then it will no longer look like what you are trying to show, as for tanks, this ability should not cause them such damage as now, 300 is quite adequate for 6 hits, which in total is 1800 additional damage to the tank and why do you care so much about def WE, you always played dps, dd we became stronger, as you wanted everything was done exactly as I described in my posts, it’s nice to see that people who deal with balance understand what they are doing
Here is the problem- currently procs ain't affected by +% dmg, and nowhere in the patch notes it says Witchbrew will start being affected by +% dmg after the patch. The patch notes actually specifically say that the change is to compensate for +% dmg no longer affecting the abilities in the list.

As for my WE I always played RA build, in semi def build. Problem is, between the RA nerf and now the Witchbrew nerf, WE no longer have a good finisher at all, and the class doesn't does enough nonfinisher dmg to actually function without finisher.
He's found a way to add tactic % to procs.

800 Tough WE should also not be hitting hard. You give up damage for survivability.
When Armour pene tactic was 50% And RA build worked as full dps build i wasnt ever interested in WB or even SS with 50% AA dmg increase. Imo if you return 50% AA dmg boost to SS again then witch elves would have something else to spec except Witcbrew if they want do dmg. I used to play 50% + AA dmg build and on Light Armour Targets 1100 AA crit wasnt that rare(Thank you 800 armour debuff proc wpn) When i knew it was going to go away i found some lvl 33 etc 1h wpn with 3.7 speed and i could 1900+ crit with autoattack on my rr 67 We even if it was target dummies 1900 AA crit dual wielding is nice but the 3.7speed wpn had like 33 dps and very bad stats.

I think slowest wpn that its actually good stats and high dps Welf can get is 2.8s and what works if SS gets 50% AA dmg back.

Sever1n

Post#108 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:44 am

Have any of you heard of skill called swift strikes?
Noximilien - AM, Severi - SM, Ravandin - SW, Celebor - WL, Ernwald - WH, Demandred - BG.

Ads
akisnaakkeli

Post#109 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:47 am

Sever1n wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:44 am Have any of you heard of skill called swift strikes?
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ow-warrior Yes we have middle path Sw skill 5s channel that used to give 30% speed buff while channeling it and its a shame that speed buff was removed from it. Why are you asking this question and bringin literally nothing to the discussion?

Sever1n

Post#110 » Fri May 03, 2024 7:10 am

Just funny how they complain about power of WE channel that had 50% arp and hited like truck especially paired with morale, and comparing that to channel that asw have that does near zero dmg for some unclear reason.
Noximilien - AM, Severi - SM, Ravandin - SW, Celebor - WL, Ernwald - WH, Demandred - BG.