Recent Topics

Ads

Stats

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: Stats

Post#31 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:42 pm

ballistic skill is just the same of strength but for ranged skill

Ads
Bozzax

Post#32 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Brooms are 1H not 2H when it comes to block :shock:

Some salvaged stuff that apply to brooms and block. Don't remember who did the testing
Spoiler:
BLOCK
I did some fairly extensive testing to determine exactly how Block works. These are the conclusions drawn from the results.

Against 1H melee weapons (eg. dual-wield classes, s/b tanks, etc): block % = (20% x block rating on shield / opponent's offensive stat) + 10% +/- other % modifiers

Against ranged attacks (magic abilities of casters, SW/SH/engie's bow/gun abilities and auto-attacks): block % = 20% x block rating on shield / opponent's offensive stat +/- other % modifiers

Against 2H melee weapons: block % = (20% x block rating on shield / opponent's offensive stat) - 10% +/- other % modifiers

With regard to the different weapon types, when it comes to calculating block %, it appears that

1H melee weapons are:

1H melee weapons such as swords, axes, choppas, etc used by the melee classes including mdps and tanks. (I didn't check if this applied to the melee weapons of engies, SWs, and SHs, but I would be surprised if they are not also included in this category.) WHs executions are blocked at the same rate as the class's sword attacks.

Staffs that casters use for their auto-attacks. (Although they have the stats of 2H weapons, the block % versus these weapons receives the same + 10% modifier that 1H melee weapons receive. If you watch the aa animations for these classes, you'll find that the staffs are used in one hand (except for rune priests). I guess that's why they are classified as 1H weapons for this case.)

2H weapons are:
2H weapons used by the melee classes including tanks.

Ranged attacks are:
Magical attacks of casters.

Bow or gun abilities of engie, SW, and SH, including ranged auto-attacks. I didn't check the melee attacks of these classes but I would guess the "block% versus 1H melee formula" will apply to the attacks of these classes when they use their respective melee weapons.

There appears to be a lower limit for block % versus a 2H weapon of about 2.5% + other % modifiers. The -10% modifier doesn't seem to be able to reduce block % below this 2.5% value.

The maximum value that the (20% x block rating / opponent's stat) term can supply seems to be capped at 25%. But Bruglir stated stated in his post in the General Discussion forum that the cap is 50%. The block ratings on the shields are too low for me to test this further with my level 10 toons. Perhaps someone could test this with higher level toons that are at the same level by having a heal-specced AM, etc use their attacks against a tank that has a shield with a high block rating. (Also, there might be lower cap for lower level toons, 25% at level 10 but increasing to 50% at level 40.)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

lolkekbur1337

Post#33 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:15 pm

so how is this stat thingy going are u guys fixing this? cus balistic skill dose not work atm my squig is doing almost 0 dmg :/

Bozzax

Post#34 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:24 pm

stats and abilities
* Melee 1H or2H and auto attacks (brooms as well) - strength / melee power / melee critical chance [(block),parry]
* Magical attacks of casters - intelligence / magic power / magical critical chance [(block),disrupt]
* Bow or gun abilities and ranged auto attacks - ballistic skill / ranged power / ranged critical chance [(block), dodge]
* Heals (no lifetaps) - willpower / healing power / healing critical chance
* Lifetaps are basically melee / caster magical attacks [(block), parry or disrupt]

Damage attack types determine migration types
* cororeal - corporela resistance
* elemental - elemental resistance
* spiritual - spiritual resistance
* physical - armour / weapon skill

So SMs spirit attacks use strength and is counterd by block, parry and spiritual resistance
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Bozzax

Post#35 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:37 pm

lolkekbur1337 wrote:so how is this stat thingy going are u guys fixing this? cus balistic skill dose not work atm my squig is doing almost 0 dmg :/
RoR is in ALPHA PHASE roll another toon and enjoy

lolkekbur1337

Post#36 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:48 pm

Bozzax wrote:
lolkekbur1337 wrote:so how is this stat thingy going are u guys fixing this? cus balistic skill dose not work atm my squig is doing almost 0 dmg :/
lol wtf?

Bozzax

Post#37 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:53 pm

lolkekbur1337 wrote:
Bozzax wrote:
lol wtf?
just sayin you can enjoy or wait for days?-weeks?-months? for a fix

Bozzax

Post#38 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:55 pm

removed
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
lolkekbur1337

Post#39 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:59 pm

well i am waiting atm and playing on a shaman that one shots every thing. im just asking if the devs are acualy working on it atm....

Elven
Former Staff

Post#40 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:09 pm

It's taking time. When good progress has been made, it will be mentioned.