Recent Topics

Ads

I'm Spider, is this game allowed?

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jaycub

Re: I'm Spider, is this game allowed?

Post#11 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Spiderz wrote:
Jaycub wrote:Anything with political connections will get wiped, don't bother.

Same thing if you think you can get away with greenlivesmatter for your greenskin.
So do we try and keep it warhammer? like instead of coolguyjohn or something are we encouraged to make a lore name?
You don't have to do lore friendly names, for instance im sure something like "Drspaceman" or "Bigguyforyou" would be fine. I like to name a lot of my characters after bands or songs for instance.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Spiderz

Post#12 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:05 pm

CegeePegee wrote:Names that don't conform to lore are usually fine within reason, take a look at the server rules (which you're supposed to have read prior to playing and which Natherul has helpfully linked in his reply to you, above), naming restrictions are explained there. Definitely don't skip reading all the rules but in general, common sense dictates here - no sexual names, avoid double-entendre, etc.
yeah I read them all, I didn't find trump offensive, vulgar or racially charged but its a pretty weird one, kind of like "god" or "satan" or something like that. But yeah jaycub didn't like it so that's enough for me to delete it tbh, I think i'll stick with cool greenskins names.

Buttbeard

Post#13 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Not sure if its the right place to ask this. its not in the right forum so to say. But as the question about names was brought up here i figured it might be as a good place as any to ask.

I tend to usually keep the names somewhat "clean" so to say" Most of the names i tend to use are not political or sexual. But one name i have on a character might be in a grey area.

Kinkykane. Not that sexual but still. Its a name i have used on other games with no problem. But thought i would ask. if its any problem i don't mind change it. rather that than getting into trouble or annoying people

Full name is Kinkykane Theuseless
My house is so much bigger than your house that your house does not even fit into my bathroom

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#14 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:58 pm

Spiderz wrote:
CegeePegee wrote:Names that don't conform to lore are usually fine within reason, take a look at the server rules (which you're supposed to have read prior to playing and which Natherul has helpfully linked in his reply to you, above), naming restrictions are explained there. Definitely don't skip reading all the rules but in general, common sense dictates here - no sexual names, avoid double-entendre, etc.
yeah I read them all, I didn't find trump offensive, vulgar or racially charged but its a pretty weird one, kind of like "god" or "satan" or something like that. But yeah jaycub didn't like it so that's enough for me to delete it tbh, I think i'll stick with cool greenskins names.
Ah right, the crack-down on politically-charged names is very recent and it appears that the rules have not been updated in the original post to reflect that, sorry if I made that confusing. Anyway, to better answer your question, I'd prob just avoid names that have to do with anything that large groups of people are/have been upset about. And of course if you're ever unsure you can just seek out a GM and ask anytime :)

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#15 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:00 pm

Buttbeard wrote:Not sure if its the right place to ask this. its not in the right forum so to say. But as the question about names was brought up here i figured it might be as a good place as any to ask.

I tend to usually keep the names somewhat "clean" so to say" Most of the names i tend to use are not political or sexual. But one name i have on a character might be in a grey area.

Kinkykane. Not that sexual but still. Its a name i have used on other games with no problem. But thought i would ask. if its any problem i don't mind change it. rather that than getting into trouble or annoying people

Full name is Kinkykane Theuseless
I'm not a GM so don't take this as any kind of "official" guidance but in my experience, and in my opinion, that name is fine.