Recent Topics

Ads

Hello, have a couple of questions

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Inactas

Hello, have a couple of questions

Post#1 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:47 am

Hi WAR fans, casual gamer and mmo veteran here. Played lots of MMOs of which I've had the fondest memories in DAoC. I played WAR on live and ran in to PC issues, by the time I came back to PC WAR had vanished.

I am mostly curious how the state of PvE is on this version. I don't have the time I used to so committing to RvR regularly would be rather difficult with two toddlers.

I love the lore of both WAR universes[ the current WAr40kmmo does not seem to be what I'm looking for]. I will RvR when I can but I am mostly wondering if it would be worth it[enjoyable?] to just PvE across a number of characters and enjoy the world at a casual pace.

Cheers for the time to read/reply.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Hello, have a couple of questions

Post#2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:52 am

Most of the normal PvE questing is working just fine. All but a few PQ's are implemented in some way. You're not going to have the same exact experience as you did on live, but we're pretty close to it. That and we're more active keeping cheaters off the server, which is nice. :)
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Richardwarhawk

Post#3 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:19 am

There are still a lot of beautiful places in Warhammer Return of Reckoning to explore and a lot of PQs to do. Same thing with a lot of quests to keep you busy if that's your thing. Lairs bosses and so on. If your looking for a good community of players, Break A WIsh Foundation on order can help you when you do have time to play. If your looking for a place on Destro I'm sure there are real good groups out there that can do the same. Any who I hope someday you come join this server even if just to explore, its a very beautiful game with an amazing world to explore when your bored.

Inactas

Post#4 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:05 am

Oh i will definitely be diving in to this with in the next week, community seems nice from what I've read.

I'm leaning towards destruction, Chosen, Magus, DoK...will be solo a lot, will probably end up one of those classes. Not opposed to Order, just don't see any classes screaming out at me.

Are there any classes I should full on avoid? I am pretty versatile with roles.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:10 am

AM/Sham is going through a rework phase at the moment, will be a patch or two before they're back up to par. Choppa is pretty hard to solo. Witch Elf tends to be an all-in melee class, also difficult to get right.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#6 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:59 pm

Yes yes, come to Destro, we have cookies.