Recent Topics

Ads

Hi!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
willieon

Hi!

Post#1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Hello, i used to play the official server back when it was up on and off, was pretty sad when it went down but found this place recently. One question i have, is how is the tier leveling with the low pop? Also what classes are in short supply right now? I want to be more of a help to my team than just play something overpopulated.

Ads
ragafury

Re: Hi!

Post#2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:45 pm

hey and welcome! :)

inb4 order tells you to play tank.

play what you want. at some point, sooner or later you will have a toon, and another, and another ;)
this game is pretty time consuming.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

willieon

Post#3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Eh order looks to have the higher population so i think ill go with destruction.

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Welcome back!

We have new tier system, so the leveling is painless and fairly quick: T1 is 1-15 and T4 (T2-T4) is 16+, you'll get a sweet bolster once you enter the lakes. See ya on the battlefield!
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

willieon

Post#5 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:55 pm

NSKaneda wrote:Welcome back!

We have new tier system, so the leveling is painless and fairly quick: T1 is 1-15 and T4 (T2-T4) is 16+, you'll get a sweet bolster once you enter the lakes. See ya on the battlefield!
Cool thanks for the info!

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:56 pm

willieon wrote:Eh order looks to have the higher population so i think ill go with destruction.
You can play both sides at the same account and relog between them with no efforts. And most of players doing this: today there is more order, while yesterday were more Destro.
Just check this page for several days https://www.returnofreckoning.com/
and decide it for yourself. As it was already said, you would make a new toons anyway and most likely, of another faction too.
Not only because it's better to play another classes (but personally me like to play several characters, rather than stick to only one), but because of learning their mechs.
Yeah, this game already has some differences from the Live game. Don't ask me about them - I don't know, coz didn't played here for more than 1 year :D
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

ragafury

Post#7 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:01 pm

willieon wrote:Eh order looks to have the higher population so i think ill go with destruction.
everything differs in this game, one day you find yourself in sc's with 6 tanks, in others with only DPS.
one time of the day it's 20 destro vs 60 order, some hours later 190 destro vs 100 order.

In general:
It's about playing in groups. Pop doesn't matter too much if you organize yourself. and it's more fun.
Since you are a Vet, you probably know this or can remember.

I suggest, if you have no clue, just browse a bit the class threads.

there also other "hi!" threads where ppl ask this. you may want to look in those.
Or just go on youtube / read the forums and choose what you find interesting.
top right corner is the career builder, there you can check the skilltrees.
almost all recent changes, if not all are implemented, so it's up to date.

I forshadowed a bit:
Order wants more tanks desperatly.
Destro probably some healers.
The numbers differ from day to day.
Order finds themselve outnumbered sometimes in EU primetime.
Still I would suggest go for estetics and what you think is interesting.
you playing for your enjoyment, not for others.

anyway, cheers and welcome again! :)
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

willieon

Post#8 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:15 pm

Ahh ok I understand, I should try alot of different classes on each faction to get a feel for them, d o I can understand and fight them more effectively.

I see what you mean about pop, and I will probably try healer is dest and tank in order but I wont limit myself and will play ilwhat I feel is fun, thanks again :)

Ads
Shalktonin

Post#9 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:46 pm

Given that both sides complain of population imbalance i suspect it's actually pretty even. But as others have said play both see what you like just make sure you have a shower before playing order toons get that Destro filth off ya.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

MedV

Post#10 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:01 pm

ragafury wrote:
everything differs in this game, one day you find yourself in sc's with 6 tanks, in others with only DPS.
one time of the day it's 20 destro vs 60 order, some hours later 190 destro vs 100 order.

In general:
It's about playing in groups. Pop doesn't matter too much if you organize yourself. and it's more fun.
Since you are a Vet, you probably know this or can remember.

I suggest, if you have no clue, just browse a bit the class threads.

there also other "hi!" threads where ppl ask this. you may want to look in those.
Or just go on youtube / read the forums and choose what you find interesting.
top right corner is the career builder, there you can check the skilltrees.
almost all recent changes, if not all are implemented, so it's up to date.

I forshadowed a bit:
Order wants more tanks desperatly.
Destro probably some healers.
The numbers differ from day to day.
Order finds themselve outnumbered sometimes in EU primetime.
Still I would suggest go for estetics and what you think is interesting.
you playing for your enjoyment, not for others.

anyway, cheers and welcome again! :)
I know you said that diff times will have different amou nt of classes and factions. But damn, you think Destro needs more healers?!?!?!? I think Shamans and DOKS are the most played toons on Destro. I think we need more RDPS. Sorcs and Magus I believe are the 2 least played classes on Destro. Order Needs more tanks thats for sure. Dont even remember the last time I saw a SM
The King.