Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [SW] Steady Aim

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
lefze
Suspended

Re: [SW] Steady Aim

Post#111 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:48 pm

dansari wrote:
lefze wrote:
dansari wrote:
Neither is an Assault SW when it's necessary to slot 3 assault tactics to be worth it.
Still gets a 65ft ranged healdebuff, 65ft snare, 65ft sfa etc. etc. which perform perfectly well without any tactics buffing them.
Sure, same range as Mara/Magus pull, m1 root... Ultimately having a crit % increaser won't change much (as has been said, the class already has immense access to crit boosters); neither will having 3 guaranteed crits (doesn't help Scout get around the Fester Arrow gimmick issue). I think having 3 guaranteed undefended attacks might be worth something. It would help Assault fulfill burst and it would help Scout fulfill burst; it wouldn't help Skirmish at all really (you could guarantee a knockdown or a flanking shot but wouldn't be OP in competent, organized fighting). Give it "the next 3 direct damage abilities in the next 10 seconds will be undefended, 25s cooldown." Cooldown starts when the buff expires.
I can get behind 3 undefendable attacks, even though I dislike making RKD and especially LA undefendable. The latter should be avoided like the plague actually. I also feel like this change kinda benefits other specs than scout the most in a lot of situations, but overall like the change a lot more than keeping SA a crit boost even if it doesn't bring scout into a playable spot.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Manatikik

Post#112 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:59 pm

Spoiler:
lefze wrote:
dansari wrote:
lefze wrote:
Still gets a 65ft ranged healdebuff, 65ft snare, 65ft sfa etc. etc. which perform perfectly well without any tactics buffing them.
Sure, same range as Mara/Magus pull, m1 root... Ultimately having a crit % increaser won't change much (as has been said, the class already has immense access to crit boosters); neither will having 3 guaranteed crits (doesn't help Scout get around the Fester Arrow gimmick issue). I think having 3 guaranteed undefended attacks might be worth something. It would help Assault fulfill burst and it would help Scout fulfill burst; it wouldn't help Skirmish at all really (you could guarantee a knockdown or a flanking shot but wouldn't be OP in competent, organized fighting). Give it "the next 3 direct damage abilities in the next 10 seconds will be undefended, 25s cooldown." Cooldown starts when the buff expires.
I can get behind 3 undefendable attacks, even though I dislike making RKD and especially LA undefendable. The latter should be avoided like the plague actually. I also feel like this change kinda benefits other specs than scout the most in a lot of situations, but overall like the change a lot more than keeping SA a crit boost even if it doesn't bring scout into a playable spot.
When was the last time you played around with Scout? It's not in an ungodly spot right now and with minimal tweaking I think it can get decent. I think SA changes will really help it out more than the potential it gives Skirmish.

The three undefendable attacks sounds like a solid proposal too. It helps Scout with making the time investment into FA worth it and doesn't give too much power to skirmish (and using it on ES doesn't seem too broken now that ES is a 14 point investment imo).
<Montague><Capulet>

dansari

Post#113 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:07 am

Oh absolutely. It should be limited to single target abilities (not dots, not LA).
<Salt Factory>

Ugle

Post#114 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 am

Three undefendables sounds useful yes. No point limiting it to certain type of skills though, as it is far from making anything gamebreaking. :)
inactive

daniilpb

Post#115 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:46 am

I don't feel like in this case 3 attacks would be enough. I propose 6 seconds duration with 30 seconds cooldown like the skill has at the moment. Just simple change of the buff affect.
Average gcd takes you 1-1.5 seconds so within 6 seconds duration you will be able to land 4-5 attacks without possible CC on you which can decrease the amount of attacks to 3 or even less in the case of stagger.
Last edited by daniilpb on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

saupreusse
Developer

Post#116 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:49 am

Sw have two tactics and an ini debuff that already counter deft defender. Its around 30% less chance to be dodged when using all. This sounds just like increasing crit chance, sw already has it.

daniilpb

Post#117 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:23 am

saupreusse wrote:Sw have two tactics and an ini debuff that already counter deft defender. Its around 30% less chance to be dodged when using all. This sounds just like increasing crit chance, sw already has it.
By this logic, it quite hard to bring anything new since the class has access to a lot things (armor debuff, kd, silence, defenses avoidance, ini debuff, heal debuff and etc). But the thing is that those skills/tactics are subpar and not even optional in most of the builds. In theory you can get everything but eventually you gimp yourself in practice.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#118 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:09 am

Wrong, in my build i use one of the tactics and thats already 15% less dodge. I dont see why going defesive ("competitive") and still having the benefits of a tactic you did not slot should be a thing. Its your choice, mine is being a dd. Id rather have something what sw is missing, and this is some burst imo.

Ads
daniilpb

Post#119 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:18 am

saupreusse wrote:Wrong, in my build i use one of the tactics and thats already 15% less dodge. I dont see why going defesive ("competitive") and still having the benefits of a tactic you did not slot should be a thing. Its your choice, mine is being a dd. Id rather have something what sw is missing, and this is some burst imo.
Then how is it possible to get more burst without better crit chances and crit bonus?
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#120 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:23 am

daniilpb wrote:
saupreusse wrote:Wrong, in my build i use one of the tactics and thats already 15% less dodge. I dont see why going defesive ("competitive") and still having the benefits of a tactic you did not slot should be a thing. Its your choice, mine is being a dd. Id rather have something what sw is missing, and this is some burst imo.
Then how is it possible to get more burst without better crit chances and crit bonus?
Never was against bonus crit, i just think crit chance is already more thean enough on this class. But its fine if you disagree. I even made a suggestion for bonus crit a few pages earlier.