Recent Topics

Ads

[Eng/Magus] Sticky Bombs / Seed of Chaos

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: [Engineer - Magus] Sticky bombs / Seed of chaos

Post#141 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Spoiler:
Tankbeardz wrote:
Grunbag wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:
And I play both...its virtually the same ability.
Sorry but which ability you are talking about ?
We were talking about nitroglycerin grenade, and this ability doesn't exist anymore .
I think you don't understand that catholicism were talking about nitro grenade, you should read again his post
He didn't talk about snipe/BoC or burst rotation
I give up with you.
Please make it clear.
You can take your personal discussion to PMs. - Penril
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#142 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Sorry Penril , when I said "please make it clear" I was not talking about "I give up with you" , but about which ability he was taking about , and why he talked about snipe/BoC and burst rotation. Maybe I didn't understood something in his proposal or something that could help the discussion. It always good to have different PoV

Tesq

Post#143 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:01 pm

@everyone

i think that the range would limit the build you have; so if it's inferior to 100 feet then you will not rank up left path as it would be better spec just mono mastery or take some supp tool from right one to speak.
If i go for left i go for static long cast time but get burst in return aka if i loose range is pointless, i suggest any balance done to the mid mastery keep in mind only mid path for the class it get done for not also left one

catholicism198

Post#144 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Penril wrote:
Spoiler:
catholicism198 wrote:
Now for the ability in question... the reason why reworking sticky/seed to mirror nitroglycerin grenade is a bad idea is because it'll end up increasing the damage potential gap between the Engineer and the under performing Magus.
...Unlike the Engineer, the Magus doesn't have access to two rapid fire abilities like "Focused Fire" or the gun turret's "Machine Gun..." so it's less likely that it'll proc. Fewer proc chances...less damage...
You are talking from a solo/pug perspective. If the Magus is in a group, the target will be focused (resulting in as many, if not more, procs as an Engi would get in his own group).
Same can be said about both careers.
Aside from Keep defenses and the PuG SC, you very rarely, if at all, see either career in a premade roam/sc group.
-That said, I forgot to take Rend Winds into consideration, which just means that range and the turret are the only real issue.

I would rather see an ability that procs a specific number of times, similar to Shades of Death, instead an infinite number of times which would be far too deadly.

Only time will tell. It's all trial and error in the end.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#145 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:22 pm

catholicism198 wrote:
Penril wrote:
Spoiler:
catholicism198 wrote:
Now for the ability in question... the reason why reworking sticky/seed to mirror nitroglycerin grenade is a bad idea is because it'll end up increasing the damage potential gap between the Engineer and the under performing Magus.
...Unlike the Engineer, the Magus doesn't have access to two rapid fire abilities like "Focused Fire" or the gun turret's "Machine Gun..." so it's less likely that it'll proc. Fewer proc chances...less damage...
You are talking from a solo/pug perspective. If the Magus is in a group, the target will be focused (resulting in as many, if not more, procs as an Engi would get in his own group).
Same can be said about both careers.
Aside from Keep defenses and the PuG SC, you very rarely, if at all, see either career in a premade roam/sc group.
-That said, I forgot to take Rend Winds into consideration, which just means that range and the turret are the only real issue.

I would rather see an ability that procs a specific number of times, similar to Shades of Death, instead an infinite number of times which would be far too deadly.

Only time will tell. It's all trial and error in the end.
I'm not against a ability that proc specific numbers of times .

I don't think I'd proc infinite numbe of times.
The idea was that nitro grenade cannot proc more than once per second , or once every 2 seconds .

With a ability that proc specific number you are sure to do X amount of damage.

With 25% chance proc, you're not sure that it would proc and if you tgrow the grenade on a target that get out of range or not focused , the grenade won't deal any damage . It has some countrepart.

Limit the proc per second , adjust the damage and the cooldown on nitro grenade, and limit number of nitro grenade target (a target cannot stack 2 grenade on him)

Tesq

Post#146 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:14 pm

it will proc regardless even with a 15% chance to proc if the target get serious focus:

25% with internat CD every 1 or half sec depending on the value of the dmg.
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Penril

Post#147 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:16 pm

That's RNG and, afaik, nothing with RNG will ever be implemented in RoR. I suggest you guys think of something different.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#148 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:29 am

Penril wrote:That's RNG and, afaik, nothing with RNG will ever be implemented in RoR. I suggest you guys think of something different.
What is RNG ?

@Tesq : that's the goal , using the ability on an target that's got a serious focus . If you don't the ability would have too low chance to do damage , it will encourage assist/group play

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#149 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:50 am

Rng means random Number generator
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#150 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:19 am

Daknallbomb wrote:Rng means random Number generator
Ok ty , so something that proc ok damage is RNG ?