Recent Topics

Ads

Client Changelog 21/07/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
roadkillrobin

Re: Client Changelog 21/07/2018

Post#31 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:41 pm

Telen wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:31 pm Having abilities at 15 points is just going to mean putting 3 points more into a tree you already specced into. Compared to 6 to pick up another tree ability. It doesn't need to be great to make it a no brainer to use the 3 points and get some benefit for your main tree. Id spec it if it was on SM as I already go to ED.
If you kill your target in 3 seconds you run around dealing 20% less damage for 17 seconds and after that you get healdebuffed for 10 sec. Seems like a really bad deal to me. It's the reason why noone using Obssesive Focus. You kill your target so fast anyway that the skill just turn into more of a drawback then something benefitial.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Acidic

Post#32 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:44 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:41 pm
Telen wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:31 pm Having abilities at 15 points is just going to mean putting 3 points more into a tree you already specced into. Compared to 6 to pick up another tree ability. It doesn't need to be great to make it a no brainer to use the 3 points and get some benefit for your main tree. Id spec it if it was on SM as I already go to ED.
If you kill your target in 3 seconds you run around dealing 20% less damage for 17 seconds and after that you get healdebuffed for 10 sec. Seems like a really bad deal to me.
Don’t forget the loss of 25% hitpoints to sweeten the pie

peterthepan3

Post#33 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:07 pm

Remember, folks: nothing here is definitive. Everything is subject to change/alteration.

The 15 pointer is obviously intended to be used as either a steroid or a defensive tool, with a risk/reward component: you either kill the enemy during your enrage period, or you don't - and suffer a 25% wounds debuff/perma 50% HD; you can use it to brush off an attack, with the increased defenses, and hopefully get back on your feet after it wears off.

I think it fits in perfectly with the Black Orc Brawler theme, allowing them to turn into a quasiDPS for a while - seemingly immune to damage while enraged. This could be incredibly potent when used in conjunction with a strong meleetrain (choppa/marauder), and the negative drawbacks can still be adjusted if people feel they are underperforming.

Much more creative than simply making a carbon copy of WODS for BO, and imo warrants further testing/feedback before simply giving it the elbow.

live4treasure

Post#34 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Don't play BO, but perhaps if your 20% damage target dies, the 20% debuff to all other targets could get removed? I can understand what the BO players are saying, at least on paper. Unless, the design philosophy here is that even outside the damage buff it's still a sizeable defensive one and so comes with a cost to damage done?
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Aurandilaz

Post#35 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Bit off tangent, but the BO get mad, crash hard made me think of renown ability "Last Stand", which afaik is currently not implemented.
Could that renown ability be redesigned to some similar ability, say more generic version of UWot, like +20% defences for 10 seconds, +20 strikethrough for 10sec, +20 movement speed for 10 sec, but followed by -20 defences for 10 sec, -50 movement speed for 10 sec and -50% woundsdebuff for 10 sec? Or somesuch similar ideas.
Say on 5min/2min/1min improved cd on renown ability?

Athergic

Post#36 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:50 pm

I enjoy you wot, I find my self using it defensively as often as offensively. I have only tried it in an offensive gear set up. But i'm sure it would be great with 5 piece conq as well.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Lordeh

Post#37 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:23 pm

[Mechanics]
- Rebuilt Archmage and Shaman client restrictions to reflect variable tooltips with new mechanics
- Created additional components for expanded mechanic control

[Shaman]
- Rebuilt ability I'll Take That
- Rebuilt ability Fury of Da Green
- Created Tactic Gimme Dat! - I'll Take That! and Fury of Da Green 20% are less likely to be blocked or disrupted.

Well that completely broke Green spec`d shamans, So far talked to 4 others today who have downloaded the other server.
I have no idea why you di this, both Fury and I`ll take that have less than 50% of the damage and do not scale with INT. Who ever thought this was a good idea please play a green spec`d shaman before you wreck it

I play Totem, and you will probably have seen me in the lakes for good or bad so I do know about this stuff.....Until its reverted I wish you well with the game but consider me another lost to the new server

Telen
Suspended

Post#38 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:35 pm

Lordeh wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:23 pm [Mechanics]
- Rebuilt Archmage and Shaman client restrictions to reflect variable tooltips with new mechanics
- Created additional components for expanded mechanic control

[Shaman]
- Rebuilt ability I'll Take That
- Rebuilt ability Fury of Da Green
- Created Tactic Gimme Dat! - I'll Take That! and Fury of Da Green 20% are less likely to be blocked or disrupted.

Well that completely broke Green spec`d shamans, So far talked to 4 others today who have downloaded the other server.
I have no idea why you di this, both Fury and I`ll take that have less than 50% of the damage and do not scale with INT. Who ever thought this was a good idea please play a green spec`d shaman before you wreck it

I play Totem, and you will probably have seen me in the lakes for good or bad so I do know about this stuff.....Until its reverted I wish you well with the game but consider me another lost to the new server
First thread I looked in on their forums contained the words kike, non-whites, leftists.
Not the type of people I'd like to be spending my free time around.
Besides they are recreating 1.4.8 from live where AM/Shaman are in a much worse position than here.

Ads
dansari

Post#39 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Lordeh wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:23 pm stuff
k
<Salt Factory>

Telen
Suspended

Post#40 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:18 pm

Also I kicked off about the changes but after trying them I figured out the AP reduction allows you to weave without wild healing anymore. Its less effective but you can sustain it. Thats a huge investment of career points and frees up a tactic that you can put into lifetaps or dps.
BE/ITT doing less damage. Well you can cast it on move now. Shaman/AM arent meant to have burst damage on the move. The class was design to dot on the move burst stationary.