Ads

Client Changelog 08/09/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lefze
Suspended

Re: Client Changelog 08/09/2018

Post#11 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:45 am

tazdingo wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:39 am can someone explain the "renown and tome tactics" please? i am confused. from what i remember tome tactics were just pve things? is a renown tactic just a tactic that is unlocked at a certain renown rather than xp lvl?
Renown tactics use different slots than normal tactics. So basically, let's say I'm playing a Woodsman WL. Instead of having to drop Moraledrain to slot Loner to achieve the same damage that a mara does WITH moraledrain slotted- I can slot Loner in the renown tactic slot and be on par with Mara damage while slotting Moraledrain aswell.

That's all there is to it. At this point it's just there to let WL not waste a tactic slot on Loner for builds that have no use for the pet in the first place.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
tazdingo

Post#12 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:47 am

lefze wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:45 am
tazdingo wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:39 am can someone explain the "renown and tome tactics" please? i am confused. from what i remember tome tactics were just pve things? is a renown tactic just a tactic that is unlocked at a certain renown rather than xp lvl?
Renown tactics use different slots than normal tactics. So basically, let's say I'm playing a Woodsman WL. Instead of having to drop Moraledrain to slot Loner to achieve the same damage that a mara does WITH moraledrain slotted- I can slot Loner in the renown tactic slot and be on par with Mara damage while slotting Moraledrain aswell.

That's all there is to it. At this point it's just there to let WL not waste a tactic slot on Loner for builds that have no use for the pet in the first place.
oh that sounds cool. is loner anywhere near on par with mara in wb with the recent changes?

kweedko

Post#13 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:01 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:43 am

because "hybrids" / "support dps" classes are not supposed to be able to have similar dps output as real "pure" dmg dealer classes. Healers will retain their CC tools, their detaunting options, their survival kits, their rezzing rights, their buffs and heal possibilities - sure they might be weaker, but they exist. Pure dps do not get those in any form.
But a larger loss of healing capacity, well its a trade-off, you get 4th tactic that might compensate by giving new healing options or new dmg options, it's a choice - you wouldn't maybe want the renown tactic always on, but it's a juicy carrot suitable for many spec options.
Bullshit almost every dps can heal themsels with tact and skills, some can tank as tank. So argument invalid, especialy when you go full DPS in spec not a hybrid. :mrgreen:

altharion1
Banned

Post#14 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:26 am

Speed Training still feels like it doesnt work
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Reesh

Post#15 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:29 am

Back in the day besides regular 4 tactic slots, you had 2 tome ones, and 1 renown one if i recall correctly.

Shanell

Post#16 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:30 am

DEVS CAME AND TOOK MAH POUNCE
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

dansari

Post#17 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:01 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:47 am
oh that sounds cool. is loner anywhere near on par with mara in wb with the recent changes?
No. Survivability is lower due to monstro proc and damage is surprisingly low even with spirit damage (BW pressure is like.. 3-5x better, for a rough comparison).
<Salt Factory>

catholicism198

Post#18 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:47 pm

The renown tactic slot is a vestige of the old tiered renown system where you had to spend X number of points in tier one renown buffs before you could spend some in t2 then t3.
Each tier had renown tactics you could invest in that provided you with a buff/debuff like:
Killing X Race will reduce the Morale of nearby players
Killing X Race will restore a small amount of health
You inflict 2% more damage against X race
5% increased EXP in rvr
5% increased renown in X
etc. etc.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#19 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:04 pm

dansari wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:01 pm
tazdingo wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:47 am
No. Survivability is lower due to monstro proc and damage is surprisingly low even with spirit damage (BW pressure is like.. 3-5x better, for a rough comparison).
It's better now. Pre-mitigation numbers are on par with Mara with both in moraledrain spec. I suspect post-mitigation will be significantly lower and with more variance due to no equivalent of 50% armorpen tactic.
Rip Phalanx

Gangan

Post#20 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:15 pm

OldSparky wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:27 am Gotta admit - was expecting changes to chosen/knight and possibly some more changes to other characters. Was hyped af for the new patch only to see this few changes. :( Hopefully next week will have more changes.
Iirc Azra stated that this week no big changes will come, so that the Q&A tomorrow isn't to focused around those changes.

I would bet on next weeks patch for Chosen/kotbs stuff ;)
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald