Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] On The Times Involved in Keep Sieges

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
sam6699

Re: [FEEDBACK] On The Times Involved in Keep Sieges

Post#131 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:39 pm

too too long time to kill a door ...

Ads
Grobbok

Post#132 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:57 pm

everything is too long
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Halhammer

Post#133 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:59 am

Personally, I think the effort that's needed for takin a keep is fairly ok as it is.

However, for the sake of oRVR - and as much as I hate to say this - keep takes need to be made easier and faster cos obviously people are too lazy, dumb or just plain unorganized. This stalemate for 90% of the time is bleeding dry T4, with people leaving/takin a break or rolling alt after alt.

Dunno when the new system is due to be implemented, if it's round the corner then all of this is obsolete ofc.
Halhammer - Gundoom - Vewywong et al. of DoE

Dresden
Banned

Post#134 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:19 am

Let order zerg and increase destro aao, let order take bo's, destro def keep till order gets through outer then destro takes 2 or more bo's and holds them till locked, destro returns to keep for def tick, eff order, rinse and repeat.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Collateral

Post#135 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:19 am

I think there is another problem with keeps, and I don't know if it was mentioned before, so I thought I'll do it.

Hear me out.

So yesterday order were zerging in t2. AAO was going all over the place but destro had it constantly. At one point we had 40%, which is not so bad. You are not outnumbered by a lot, so there is still a chance of defending if you organize yourselves (which we weren't btw).

So order broke the door and went the right stair, as you do, and this is where the problem arises. We've all done it, and I'm not pointing any fingers here, it's a general consensus. So what do you have to do to take the keep? Kill the lord of course. And the easiest way to do it? Just taunt him or shoot him, get him outside and gank him. We all take keeps like this, but I believe it wasn't meant to be like that (or at least, that it shouldn't).

It puts the defenders at a big disadvantage. The lord is very powerfull, and when you are outnumbered, he is your only chance of defending the keep. Not to even mention the choke points. Those doors and stairs are there for a reason. But being able to get the lord outside like that is kinda lame and kills the whole purpose. Plus, when he dies the keep is taken, all the other NPCs (champions) disappear, and the attackers can just flood the keep and kill everyone.

Now, I know there is a problem with NPCs cliping walls, but that is not the reason. You could still get the lord outside even if it was fixed.

I don't really know how this can be changed (other than fixing cliping, but as I said, that is not really the problem). Making the lord immune to taunts and range would be ridiculous. Maybe make his whole retinue follow him when he is attacked? I don't know.

I'm not criticizing or bashing on anything. Just wanted to mention this.

I wans't involved in t2-t3 sieges a lot bacause I was in t4 (and lets be honest there weren't a lot of sieges lately, at least not to the point of the lord room), so that's why I'm posting this now.

How do others feel about this? Did you ever think this was an issue? If so, how do you think it could be adressed?

Dresden
Banned

Post#136 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:52 am

Collateral wrote:I think there is another problem with keeps, and I don't know if it was mentioned before, so I thought I'll do it.

Hear me out.

So yesterday order were zerging in t2. AAO was going all over the place but destro had it constantly. At one point we had 40%, which is not so bad. You are not outnumbered by a lot, so there is still a chance of defending if you organize yourselves (which we weren't btw).

So order broke the door and went the right stair, as you do, and this is where the problem arises. We've all done it, and I'm not pointing any fingers here, it's a general consensus. So what do you have to do to take the keep? Kill the lord of course. And the easiest way to do it? Just taunt him or shoot him, get him outside and gank him. We all take keeps like this, but I believe it wasn't meant to be like that (or at least, that it shouldn't).

It puts the defenders at a big disadvantage. The lord is very powerfull, and when you are outnumbered, he is your only chance of defending the keep. Not to even mention the choke points. Those doors and stairs are there for a reason. But being able to get the lord outside like that is kinda lame and kills the whole purpose. Plus, when he dies the keep is taken, all the other NPCs (champions) disappear, and the attackers can just flood the keep and kill everyone.

Now, I know there is a problem with NPCs cliping walls, but that is not the reason. You could still get the lord outside even if it was fixed.

I don't really know how this can be changed (other than fixing cliping, but as I said, that is not really the problem). Making the lord immune to taunts and range would be ridiculous. Maybe make his whole retinue follow him when he is attacked? I don't know.

I wans't involved in t2-t3 sieges a lot bacause I was in t4 (and lets be honest there weren't a lot of sieges lately, at least not to the point of the lord room), so that's why I'm posting this now.

How do others feel about this? Did you ever think this was an issue? If so, how do you think it could be adressed?
You sweet bastard, i never thought of that!
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Collateral

Post#137 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:38 am

Dresden wrote:
Collateral wrote:I think there is another problem with keeps, and I don't know if it was mentioned before, so I thought I'll do it.

Hear me out.

You sweet bastard, i never thought of that!
Yea it seems a lot of people missed this. I would like to hear what devs think about it, and see what the situation is.

Scrilian

Post#138 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:40 am

If it takes almost 2-3 hours to take a barely defended keep, how long the fort fights are going to be?
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
Collateral

Post#139 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:44 am

Scrilian wrote:If it takes almost 2-3 hours to take a barely defended keep, how long the fort fights are going to be?
That's another problem, which should also be fixed. And that is also why people don't even bother with keeps, it just takes too damn long.

T2 is different, the doors go down a lot quicker for some reason. That's why I mentioned the lord.

Imagine it like 2 stages. First is doors, the second is lord room. Doors should be fixed first I think, and I'm sure the devs are working very hard to fix this. But it's not only keeps we are talking about here, it's the whole rvr system. It really is a lot of work.
Last edited by Collateral on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vayra

Post#140 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:49 am

Currently it takes way too long. And imo a big part of that is the damage type of siege weapons. At the moment in T4 the aoe cannons are dealing 600 morale damage a hit. You can get hit by one of those just about every second, sometimes twice a second. That's an insane amount of completely undefendable damage. It needs to be changed to physical damage so that it can be mitigated, dodged, blocked and shared by guard.

Door damage could also use about a 33% reduction in health.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG