Recent Topics

Ads

Functionality: Bag Roll - Opt: Out (Massive/All)

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
psylock81

Functionality: Bag Roll - Opt: Out (Massive/All)

Post#1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:20 am

Hi all,

I would like to propose that development on 'Bag Roll - Opt" Out (Massive/All)' functionality should be implemented/activated for KEEPs/PQs within a fair amoun of time (provided it is doable :)).

Although the current inactive status of the specific functionality is not gamebreaking i would like to point out that if activated it will help players to have a smoother growth/experience :).

Here are some examples/arguments regarding my suggestion:
- I am full annihilator, thus i don't need to be included in the KEEP bag roll (for the Massive bag only)
- I am full annihilator & Genesis or my current gear is 'better' for my playstyle, thus i don't need to be included in the KEEP bag roll (for all bags)
- I want to support some friends in PQs but i don't need any of the drops, thus i don't need to be included in the PQ bag roll (for Massive/All bags)
- I am full stocked with Medalions (Yeah! I wish :)... but lets say it is so :)) and i just need the Profession rewards (e.g. Talisman container), thus i don't need to be inlcuded in the KEEP/PQ bag roll (for the Massive bag only)

Examples of complications that might arise from the activaton of the functionality:
- I need the medalions but i 'Opt: Out (ALL)' because i don't need Annihilator & Genesis, thus if i am in the winning list i get no bag and so i get no medalions.

Thank you all for you hard work :).

Ads
daniilpb

Re: Functionality: Bag Roll - Opt: Out (Massive/All)

Post#2 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:26 am

I think devs already know that this should be implemented but they didn't make it not because they forgot or didn't want to, they just can't do it because of technical, programming and etc reasons
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

magter3001

Post#3 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:05 am

daniilpb wrote:I think devs already know that this should be implemented but they didn't make it not because they forgot or didn't want to, they just can't do it because of technical, programming and etc reasons
I would rather point out something and know the devs are aware of it rather than stay silent and hope that they know. Some devs don't play 24/7 like some players do and therefore don't see everything and experience everything those players do. There's a reason we have a bugtracker available, and maybe that's where this post should have been at.

I do agree with the OP that even though it's not a gamebreaking issue like the current rvr system, it's still a function that was available on live that currently isn't available and provides more choices for the players... especially considering a lot of people don't care about the gold bag as much as they care about the purple one and would gladly opt out of the gold to get the purple instead. ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

psylock81

Post#4 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:14 am

It is a good point that maybe it should also be added in the bugtracker but i did not do it because the 'bag roll - Opt: Out' functionality has been present but unavailable since T1 PQs and then it moved to T2 PQ/KEEP and T3 PQ/KEEP so i just wanted to make it a bit more 'public' lets say :) since it has been occuring for so long (+ Screw Manticore... it does not fly :)).

I believe that the reason why nothing has been done already is due to full alocation of resources on fixing gamebreaking bugs :) and the fact that so far players where not that dependant to bag roll results (e.g. you now NEED Ruin gear and/or you NEED Annihilator/Genesis gear, as the rest of your guild/alliance members do, thus it is a waste if you cannot properly support your guild/alliance and you just get the reward that you already have and someone else REALY needs).

Danielle

Post#5 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:03 am

It would be a nice quality of life improvement if this feature worked, but as someone mentioned there are probably more important things to do before this. I mean the whole keep contribution system is not functioning very well atm, etc..
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

zumos2

Post#6 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:57 am

Master looter would also be nice I guess :)
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Azarael

Post#7 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:21 pm

Please read the signature.

Luth

Post#8 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:24 pm

He seldom reads PMs. :(

Ads
psylock81

Post#9 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:24 am

Come to think of it i could have put this post under 'Suggestion & Feedback'... I will keep it in mind next time... Please, excuse any inconvinience :).

P.S. I am such a nice person :). Not realy?! I am destro... muhahahah (evil laughter).