[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Redeye Set

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Vayra

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Redeye Set

Post#51 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:11 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Ya'll made me nervous.

Yeah, it's not a +25%, the AA speeds have values on them. I'm pretty sure they translate directly to seconds, so +25 would be .25s faster. Although you keep your weapon DPS of the full speed value (hopefully). Dropping a full 1s off a 2h swing speed would take you from 4.7s to 3.7s. We should probably make sure there's a cap on attack speed come to think of it...
On live, all AA haste was in % I believe. So 25% AA haste would either bring a 2.0 speed weapon to 1.5 speed or 1.6 depending on how you calculate it. The 2nd option (working with attacks/second to calculate instead of seconds/attack) is the one used on this server I think, since that gives the correct % increase (the other one would double the attack speed on a 50% bonus instead of increasing the rate by 50%).

I hope you have a cap, live didn't at the start. Which led to some interesting DPS outputs after LotD when you stacked 50% AA haste tactics and the LotD souls with haste calculated directly on the speed stat of the weapon leading to attack speeds of 0 or very close to it, for a little while at least. Though the need for a cap can be mitigated by working on attack frequency rather than attack speed directly as stacking 100% AA haste will only double the frequency instead.

edit: I'd also love to see a dps set for DoK with some AA haste on it. <3
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
diedrake

Post#52 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:34 pm

Would like to see more offense gear sets for dok but its no bother :)

If dok did get an aa haste on gear... Using the 50% aa haste on crit would prob be op
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Aurandilaz

Post#53 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:36 pm

Attack speed:

weapon speed / 1 + (AutoAttack Haste)

So if your weapon has 3 speed, a +25% AA proc is 3/(1+0.25)= 2.4
The procs stack, example if you get buff of +10AA haste or 2nd buff/proc/bonus of 25%, the equation becones 3/(1+0.10+0.25)= 2.22, rounded down to 2.2speed.

Vayra

Post#54 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:06 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Attack speed:

weapon speed / 1 + (AutoAttack Haste)

So if your weapon has 3 speed, a +25% AA proc is 3/(1+0.25)= 2.4
The procs stack, example if you get buff of +10AA haste or 2nd buff/proc/bonus of 25%, the equation becones 3/(1+0.10+0.25)= 2.22, rounded down to 2.2speed.
Yes, that's the version used here. Live used speed * (1 - aa haste) until LotD broke that.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Arena

Post#55 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:55 pm

Isn't it supposed to be black?

Coma

Post#56 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:42 am

Torquemadra wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:
wiscel wrote:IIRC from live in Gunbad there were also nice influence jewelry awards (or from gunbad quests, can't remember), will these be implemented as well?

Why do all classes get 4% crit or 5% parry, and the WE/WH get 60 wounds?
Because if you compare Witch Elf Onslaught and Redeye sets, there's no way for any WE to consider Redeye over Onslaught, so it doesn't matter what is on Redeye set, it would be Ballistic even, the crit proc from Onslaught is far more valuable.

Besides, maybe some weird WE decides to run some kind of set where they really want max wounds, but not sure if Redeye achieves that.
You know if something is too valuable or of too much benefit it wont last right?
than why put it there to begin with?

serioously... the crit chance + crit damage bonus is simply the BEST possible proc you can put on a dps set... and is BY FAR better than the others (and it is also an ON HIT proc... not even on ability use ^^') ^^' if you put that on a dps set than there is no way that someone would chose a different set over it (always speaking about DPS set... if one want a defensive set obviously that is not his priority... but PERSONALY even if I wanted to play defensive on a dps I would still go for a set with this bonus and than invest all my RR and talis on defensive stat... since there is no defensive proc that is comparable in effeciency with this offensive proc... ^^')

there is not even need to test it to see how powerfull this bonus is (and it actualy already have been tested since it is avaible on some devastator set... and those class that have access to hit are quite tempted to keep it even when they have access to higher level set ^^') so I really see no reason to put it there if you already are in the mindset of removing it if it turn out to be too good compared to other option... since it is OBVIOUSLY better than other options... to the point that most WE/WH and Sorc/BW with conqueror are already waiting for it to be released to switch their set... and this should pretty much say everything in this regard... conqueror that should be an HIGHER tier set is being ditched in favor of it due to the offensive proc ^^'

on the other end... Redeye... well some people will gather it... I will do so simply because I like having all avaible set and because I like some PvE to take a break from RvR from time to time... but a hybrid set is really not something that lot of people will apreciate... especialy for DoK/WP... a set with a mix of str in it (actualy is very little... 25 point total) healing crit and proc ON HIT... how are DoK/WP supposed to use this? going melee with a laughable striketrough due to their low str and pray? or simply use that proc as "maybe when I sue EL to get essence I can get a small single target heal out of it"... than look at the onslaught and stat laughing... or is this set built on the same idea of Beastlord... and so based on future changes that are still yet to be implemented for WP/DoK? If it is the last than please could you take into consideration the idea of giving DoK/Wp some NORMAL set that they can use right now instead of having set that will "one day" turn out to be good but are mostly useless right now? after all if those set reflect the changes that the staff intend to do on DoK/WP playstayle than I also assume that other set such as mercenary/annihilator and Dominator/Conqueror will also be changed in the future (unless you intend for THEM to become the useless set and only BL/Redeye be the good sets...)... at that point changingng one or 2 more set wouldn't really be the great deal compared to the number of set that would still need changes (there are at least 3 set per tier... that makes a total of 9 set pre t4... and than there are already 5 t4 set plus 2 on their way... for a total of 16 set... having to reviwe 14 or 16 really doesn't make that much difference ^^ especialy if you already have a detailed plan for those 2 set ready ^^)

with all this said... I'm eager to test Gunbad... not much for the set but for the joy of tasting some (hopefully) good PvE ^^

Krima

Post#57 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:59 am

Coma wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:
Because if you compare Witch Elf Onslaught and Redeye sets, there's no way for any WE to consider Redeye over Onslaught, so it doesn't matter what is on Redeye set, it would be Ballistic even, the crit proc from Onslaught is far more valuable.

Besides, maybe some weird WE decides to run some kind of set where they really want max wounds, but not sure if Redeye achieves that.
You know if something is too valuable or of too much benefit it wont last right?
than why put it there to begin with?

serioously... the crit chance + crit damage bonus is simply the BEST possible proc you can put on a dps set... and is BY FAR better than the others (and it is also an ON HIT proc... not even on ability use ^^') ^^' if you put that on a dps set than there is no way that someone would chose a different set over it (always speaking about DPS set... if one want a defensive set obviously that is not his priority... but PERSONALY even if I wanted to play defensive on a dps I would still go for a set with this bonus and than invest all my RR and talis on defensive stat... since there is no defensive proc that is comparable in effeciency with this offensive proc... ^^')

there is not even need to test it to see how powerfull this bonus is (and it actualy already have been tested since it is avaible on some devastator set... and those class that have access to hit are quite tempted to keep it even when they have access to higher level set ^^') so I really see no reason to put it there if you already are in the mindset of removing it if it turn out to be too good compared to other option... since it is OBVIOUSLY better than other options... to the point that most WE/WH and Sorc/BW with conqueror are already waiting for it to be released to switch their set... and this should pretty much say everything in this regard... conqueror that should be an HIGHER tier set is being ditched in favor of it due to the offensive proc ^^'
Its a 5% on hit to proc...Im not sure if all WEs will trade CONQ for onslaught. 5% proc feels more like a lotery ticket...It will proc sometimes..
For solo WEs conq still better, 25% to steal 100 toughness its much better than 5% chance to proc...
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Haojin

Post#58 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:03 pm

@Krima, it will proc a lot in zergy fights with OYK, a lot ;)

i'm so thirsty to make my BW's full onslaught.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
Sulorie

Post#59 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:05 pm

100 toughness steal doesn't sound that good at all. It's a totally different story with SH/SW 100 initiative steal...
Dying is no option.

Haojin

Post#60 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:09 pm

well, toughness steal is total garbage if you have bo/sm or chosen/kotbs in your party. if you're solo, it's mediocre.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn